We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Imperihome stalled/crashes/freezes/hangs/gets stuck  (Read 1448 times)

Offline dmckenna

Imperihome stalled/crashes/freezes/hangs/gets stuck
« on: September 01, 2014, 04:57:52 am »
Hi,

I've been using Imperihome for quite a while with no issues. Installed on a Samsung Tablet, permanent power supply, about 3 meters from the WIFI router and no other local apps running at all.

Recently I've added another 40 devices to my environment, bringing my Imperihome list to 82 devices, nothing else has changed in the environment. At first IH seems to cope very well with refresh set to 10 seconds, however after every night (approx 6-8 hours) IH is no longer updating screens or talking with Vera (UI5). There is no remote control possible over Vera and despite the refresh icon pulsing every 10 seconds, there are no updates being received. Navigation between the screens works okay so IH is not 'hung' locally, moreover the comms with the Vera device has stalled, or hung.

I've of course restarted Vera, I've tried different refresh settings in IH. I've tried local only, remote only and automatic connections. The only way of getting IH to talk once again to Vera is to exit IH on the tablet, clear the memory, then run it again....then everything is fine. A tablet restart also fixes this.

I'm thinking there is some never ending thread that is causing a memory leak within IH that is now more apparent because of the 82 devices - happy to send log files or help diagnose in whatever way, but also interested in any other ideas from users that may have come across this.

Cheers

David

Offline AgileHumor

• KISS
Re: Imperihome stalled/crashes/freezes/hangs/gets stuck
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 02:06:48 am »
Rebooting the Vera will also disconnect IH from Vera.  I have to do it quite often due to nightly Vera heals.

Luckily, hitting the refresh icon in the top right of IH always works for me.
WMC Leviton:18xVPE06,8xVRS15,3xVRP03-W,2xVRR15,4xVRCS4,2xVRCS2,VP00R,8xVRS15 Aeon:5xDSC06106,4xDSC24,4xDSC25,12xDSB29,2xDSC11,4xDSB54,DSB05,3xDSA22,DSA38,2xDSA03202B,DSB09104,HEM Other:3xYale,12xHSM100v3,7xSP103,45604,WDHA-12,SSA2USR,EVLCD1T,6xWWA02A,7xIPC-HFW2100,URTSI,Hue,Russound,OpenSprinker

Offline dmckenna

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:15:07 am »
Aha - I think you're on to something there.....the nightly Vera heals. That'll be the reason I suspect.

Hopefully if someone from Imperihome is reading they can stick this on the fix list to do.

Offline konradwalsh

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 05:00:10 am »
I have two tablets..
Both have identical configuration for Imperihome

However,, one regularly loses its connection whilst the other never loses it...
I wish Imperihome would improve the view when this happens.. because you just end up with a load of error tiles...

Anyway.. my fix was simple enough...
I use tasker to kill and reload the imperihome whenever there is no motion near that tablet on regular intervals

Might work for you.. you need the Tasker plugin for killing apps though

Offline Cor

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 05:47:07 am »
I found out that switching wifi on and off again (also via tasker)  helps as well.

Cor