We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Icons  (Read 1488 times)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Icons
« on: September 14, 2014, 09:17:39 pm »
Anyone find any fan icons to use instead of the light bulb? I hav several ceiling fans running off wall switches.

Offline Kullematz

Re: Icons
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:23:52 am »
You may have a look at Google under "Icon Fan"...

Offline jhirschhorn

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 09:44:26 am »
It may seem like a lot of effort to some, but I took pictures of my ceiling fans with my phone, adjusted the image to meet the specs as mentioned in the app, and then used them as the icon or background for each of the switches. Now each one looks exactly like the fan they control. ;-)

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 11:36:24 am »
It may seem like a lot of effort to some, but I took pictures of my ceiling fans with my phone, adjusted the image to meet the specs as mentioned in the app, and then used them as the icon or background for each of the switches. Now each one looks exactly like the fan they control. ;-)

I was assuming someone already has gotten icons for a fan, and quite surprised they don't have one in their list already. I mean they have a tornado just no fan. LOL

What is the size of the icons and I'll start my Google search?

Offline jhirschhorn

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 01:07:48 pm »
Per their documentation:
The icons must respect the following technical constraints:

Square aspect ratio (1:1)
Preferably 512?512 image size (or 256?256 if not possible)
PNG format with alpha channel
Size must not exceed 1 MB
Image should look good on a white background and on a black background as well (to support both app themes)

but if you don't find any you like, its really easy to snap a pic with your phone and use an online photo editor http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/ 
to adjust image size and storage size to their specs. More often I'm doing it to replace the background image to match things like photo of rooms, lights, fans, pic of house with exterior lights on for outdoor lights, etc.