We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 and iOS Vera UI7 app problems  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Damian R

UI7 and iOS Vera UI7 app problems
« on: September 09, 2014, 09:19:48 pm »
It seems that the mobile Vera UI7 app has trouble connecting to my unit, even when on the local network. I've restored my unit like 7 times now thinking i mucked something up when editing some D_* files in /etc/cmh-ludl/, but I just restored to an early backup and it still happens.

About 30 mins ago I launched the app again and it managed to work, and then 5 minutes later it crapped out again and gives the 'Sorry, we couldn't establish a connection with the last connected unit.' This happened last night, I restored the unit to the day before's backup and it seemed to work. Then the error again.

I really hope it's just the mobile app crapping out, cause everything else works fine on the web ui side. Skimming the logs I see that i sometimes get curl errors in /var/log.MiOSRestApi. or errors about /var/lock/cmh-ra.lock. As well as: 'ERROR: Request failed with MMS response: 404, reason: ERROR:Resource doesn't exist' when requesting 'curl CMD: curl -k -sS -L --retry 0 --connect-timeout 30 -m 60 -D "/tmp/rest/response_header_21983.txt" -o "/tmp/rest/response_data_21983.txt" -H "Expect: " -H "MMSSession: *****************************" -X GET -G --data-urlencode "Type=1" "https://vera-us-oem-relay12.mios.com/relay/relay/device/*******/port?output_format=json"'

More often than not, it appears this happens when it requests from vera-us-oem-relay12.mios.com as oppossed to vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com.
Even getting some SSL errors: curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com:443

Is anyone else experiencing these issues, or is it just me? Really frustrating...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:23:44 pm by damianr »

Offline gerardosamara

Re: UI7 and iOS Vera UI7 app problems
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 03:36:50 am »
No problem for me to connect to my VeraLite from the IOS Vera Mobile UI7
VeraLite+VeraEdge/EnOcean version US en UI7.1.17 + Vera Mobile UI7 V7.15.17.40 + Imperihome pro V2.8.3
Wall switch : Leviton VRS15 , Smart switch : Aeotec DSC24 , Motion sensor : Aeotec 4in1 DSB05 + Everspring HSP02 , Cameras Dlink 742L + Foscam 8910 + Foscam 9853EP

Offline Frank Houston

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 05:45:46 am »
I think we are having the same issue, just tested the application and it is not able to connect and getting the "Check internet connection and cables" message.

From what I found, when using the relay vera-us-oem-relay12.mios.com sometimes it gives the error messages below.

Response data: (404) ERROR:Resource doesn't exist

ERROR: Request failed with MMS response: 404, reason: ERROR:Resource doesn't exist

MiOSRestApi terminating with exit code 22

And for SSL Error messages seem to randomly show up on relay vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com

curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com:443

curl: mcurl exit code: 35

Offline Damian R

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 12:44:58 pm »
I think we are having the same issue, just tested the application and it is not able to connect and getting the "Check internet connection and cables" message.

From what I found, when using the relay vera-us-oem-relay12.mios.com sometimes it gives the error messages below.

Response data: (404) ERROR:Resource doesn't exist

ERROR: Request failed with MMS response: 404, reason: ERROR:Resource doesn't exist

MiOSRestApi terminating with exit code 22

And for SSL Error messages seem to randomly show up on relay vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com

curl: (35) Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to vera-us-oem-relay11.mios.com:443

curl: mcurl exit code: 35

Yup, seems like we are having the same issue. I've been trying to track down exactly why its failing, but even with verbose logging it seems like it's just not enough information.

Once in a while, the app will connect, but as soon as I try to enable a light for example, it will just sit there with the spinning indicator and silently fail until I restart the app and get the Unable to connect error again...

I've only had my VeraLite for 6 days now, first 4 days it worked like a charm, and then I started reading all these threads about UI7 problems. The thing is, the unit was shipped with UI5, and when I was running the setup it prompted me to upgrade to the latest firmware, which I did, thinking I would be getting the latest STABLE release, not a release candidate that's riddled with bugs.

I'm now seriously contemplating scrapping everything and asking tech support to downgrade me until these issues are resolved. The sole reason I ended up getting started with this is because I will be travelling for work and wanted a way to keep an eye on my house from abroad. Now, I can't even do that without doing additional work setting up an openvpn/pptp server so that I can use the webui to login to my unit.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 01:10:11 pm by damianr »

Offline Frank Houston

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 02:43:57 pm »
Maybe its not only affecting UI7 users?

Check this out http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27188.0.html

Offline Frank Houston

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 08:51:42 am »
Last night I saw that there was a Firmware upgrade for UI7 to version 1.7.374 and now the problem has gone away and the vera is accessible through the app.