Author Topic: Is it ok to restore backup of new firmware (UI7) to old firmware (UI5)?  (Read 1174 times)

Offline clambert

I have a relatively new system with a limited amount of devices.  I can probably rebuild what I have if I need to without too much trouble.  What is the best practice when downgrading firmware?

Can I just restore a backup and everything will be fine?  Or should I start clean if going 2 versions back?  Do I need to do anything special for the plugins (Vera Alerts & PLEG)?

I started on UI6 but from what I have read, advanced mode is UI5.  I preferred that view to begin with, so I'd like to roll back to UI5.  I accidentally ended up on UI7 by an inadvertent mouse click.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline Grwebster

Re: Is it ok to restore backup of new firmware (UI7) to old firmware (UI5)?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:06:15 pm »
I don't think your backup includes the firmware.  You have to find a a link to UI5 firmware to install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Don Diego

Re: Is it ok to restore backup of new firmware (UI7) to old firmware (UI5)?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 06:21:41 am »
I don't think your backup includes the firmware.  You have to find a a link to UI5 firmware to install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi--

The link for the most current release of UI5 can be found here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14189.0.html

Don
Vera 3 (@1.5.622) (3); Vera Plus (2);
Trane/Schlage TStats (1); Schlage Deadbolt (2); Kwikset Lock (3);  GE 45602 Dimmer (14); GE 45603 Dimmer (17); HSM-100 (16); Everspring Siren (8), Everspring Temp/Humidity (4); HSM 200 (1)