Author Topic: 2 Zone Heating - z Wave Horrstmann (secure) Options  (Read 612 times)

Offline Wallace4793

2 Zone Heating - z Wave Horrstmann (secure) Options
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:08:53 am »
Hi

I'm currently building a house and require 2 independent heating zones due to building regs. I'm equipping the house with Z Wave and already have a vera to test and "play" with.

What are my options? Do I buy 2 separate single channel receivers and thermostats? (Asr-zw?) or is it better to buy a dual channel receiver (asr2-zw). I would like to able to control the temperature and switch the hot water on etc.

John

Offline simonbirt

Re: 2 Zone Heating - z Wave Horrstmann (secure) Options
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 05:00:04 pm »
I have a similar setup - 2 zones and hot water. Originally I set up the zones with a dual-channel receiver but didn't like it very much: the device required you to hold down a button to see the status of a given zone, and it also appeared as 2 devices + a parent device in Vera, which I found a little untidy (I know...).

So in the end I replaced it with 2x single channel receivers, which I much prefer. I've now ended up with 5 of the things - 2 zones, hot water, towel rail circuit and secondary hot water recirculation!