We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Sonos Favorites  (Read 8524 times)

Offline bkmar1192

Sonos Favorites
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:48:31 am »
The plugin is great - I just bought my first Sonos and the integration with Vera was seamless...  Thanks!

Any plans to support Sonos Favorites?  Would love to have drop down like the Favorite Radio Stations.

Would also be great to be able to call a favorite station by list number.  For example: be able to set scenes that would call favorite 1, another would call 2, etc.  Then I could setup my remote to run scene 1 - 10.  I could then change the top ten favorites in the Sonos interface without having to change any of my scenes.

Thanks again for the plug-in!

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
Re: Sonos Favorites
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 04:42:23 am »
The plugin is great - I just bought my first Sonos and the integration with Vera was seamless...  Thanks!

Any plans to support Sonos Favorites?  Would love to have drop down like the Favorite Radio Stations.

I don't remember if I have already reverse-engineered how favorites are managed by Sonos.
The problem is that it is not a one-level structure but a tree structure. You can put for example an album in your favorites and then enter in the album and select a track.

Would also be great to be able to call a favorite station by list number.  For example: be able to set scenes that would call favorite 1, another would call 2, etc.  Then I could setup my remote to run scene 1 - 10.  I could then change the top ten favorites in the Sonos interface without having to change any of my scenes.

Thanks again for the plug-in!

That is an interesting feature and relatively easy to implement. I will add it.
We have FR:<NAME> with <NAME> the name of the favorite radio. I could add FR:#<NUM> with <NUM> the position in the list of the favorite radios. You will use FR:#1 to play your first radio of your favorites. Is it ok for you ?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:51:15 am by lolodomo »

Offline bkmar1192

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 01:45:52 pm »
Thanks for the quick response.

Re: Sonos Favorites:

IMHO - It would be fine to just reference the top level of the hierarchy in the Sonos Favorites. 

Re: Access via List Number

The implementation you were referring to (FR:#<NUM>) would be great.  I was actually refering to the Sonos Favorites and not the Station Favorites (SF:#<NUM> with SF referencing the Sonos Favorites list).  I use Sirius satalite radio so for my situation getting access to Sonos Favorites is more important than the Favorite Radio Stations.  However, (again IMHO) access to any of the lists in Sonos via the location in the list would be great.

Thanks again for your work.

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 04:54:52 pm »
Lolodomo,

once you are here, let me expose a question...

the command FR:<name of favorite radio>  do not works for a lot or radios....

do you know why ?

thanks in advance for your great job with the plugin.
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 05:01:27 pm »
Lolodomo,

once you are here, let me expose a question...

the command FR:<name of favorite radio>  do not works for a lot or radios....

do you know why ?

thanks in advance for your great job with the plugin.

I am not aware of this problem. Can you provide an example please ?

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 05:13:01 pm »
I create a scene to play a favorite radio from my list...
(in sonos app of the ipad/iphone the radio plays without problem...)

in advanced tab I choose one of my sonos devices....
click in add
choose play URI and put this "FR:ABC Classic Radio"

this radio plays...

but another one named listed in favorites list like: 1 - America's FM Best Ballads

I put "FR:1 - America's FM Best Ballads"

but do not plays...acessing by the list, it plays...

Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 05:30:20 pm »
You are running UI5 ?

I will try to find this tuneIn radio and add it to my own favorites (stations).

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 05:43:06 pm »
Yes, UI5...

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 06:02:45 pm »
Ok, I found this TuneIn station: 1.FM - America's Best Ballads
I added it to my favorite stations.
Then in the UI I can select it either from the favorites radios list or by entering FR:1.FM - America's Best Ballads as URI.

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 06:50:30 pm »
in the scene, can you do ?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 07:16:44 pm »
in the scene, can you do ?

Done and no problem for me in a scene too.

Be sure to note have a ending space and to use exactly the right name (taking into account the case).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:30:51 am by lolodomo »

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 04:38:34 am »
Re: Access via List Number

The implementation you were referring to (FR:#<NUM>) would be great.  I was actually refering to the Sonos Favorites and not the Station Favorites (SF:#<NUM> with SF referencing the Sonos Favorites list).  I use Sirius satalite radio so for my situation getting access to Sonos Favorites is more important than the Favorite Radio Stations.  However, (again IMHO) access to any of the lists in Sonos via the location in the list would be great.

That makes sense, you were taling about the Sonos favorites which is the subject of this topic. Sorry for my misunderstanding.
In the Sonos application (Android tablet), it looks like there is a sort of the favorites. In your idea, the index you are talking about will follow the order displayed in the Sonos application ? It could be difficult for a user to determine this index in case of the favorites are filled with a lot of things.
Until now, I have no idea how I can get the Sonos favorites and if the result I would get would follow the order displayed by the Sonos application.

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 09:46:20 am »
Lolodomo,
I will try again and take print screens...
I know the topic is not about this, but I put a question about cancel all group association in a scene...even been in luup code...
do you have something about this ?

thanks

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 04:42:14 pm »
For information, I have found how to retrieve the favorites. You just have to call Browse with "FV:2". Now the question is: could I start the playback of the items in the favorites ? I think there is a good chance that I could do it ;)

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 01:04:54 am »
I can confirm that I will implement this feature. It is already partially implemented and working.