We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Object reference not set  (Read 1246 times)

Offline korttoma

Object reference not set
« on: September 05, 2014, 03:07:18 am »
Hi,
I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" if I try to set the dimmer level on a Window Cover device from Grasshopper 1.14.0.0(D_WindowCovering1.xml). Move up and move down works fine. (Imperihome and Vera web UI works fine) I'm using Vera firware 1.5.622.

I guess this issue has always been there, I just did not get around to mention it before now.

The window cover device is from the MySensors plugin but I guess that does not matter or does it?

BR
Tomas
- Tomas

Offline mramgine

Re: Object reference not set
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 08:05:41 pm »
Hi Tomas,

The device should follow the core window covering service, otherwise you wouldn't see the controls to change stuff.  There might be something strange in the data.  Problem is i don't have one of those devices, but i do have dimmer controls which work the same.  What i've had users do in the past is setup a readonly account that i can access to troubleshoot the issue temporarily.  This will allow me to quickly identify the problem and push out a bug fix to correct it.  You can email me at: amginecreations@gmail.com   I'll take a look at the code in the meantime and see if i see something obvious though.  Thanks for reporting the issue.

Spencer  :-)
My Z-Wave: 1x Vera (FW 1.0.979, Dongle 2.78), 1x Intermatic HA03C, 1x Intermatic HA05C, 1x Intermatic HA02C, 1x Wayne Dalton WDTC-20

Offline korttoma

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 02:48:31 am »
You got mail ;)
- Tomas

Offline korttoma

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 01:34:27 pm »
Installed the latest update from the store just now and now it works.
Thanks for fixing the issue so fast, I should have reported it months ago.

Have a nice weekend.
- Tomas