Poll

Is Sonos zones discovery working ? (button "Discover" in UI tab Settings)

Yes with my Vera3
16 (31.4%)
Yes with my VeraLite
11 (21.6%)
Yes with my Vera3 but only after applying the network workaround
1 (2%)
Yes with my VeraLite but only after applying the network workaround
3 (5.9%)
No with my Vera3
13 (25.5%)
No with my VeraLite
7 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Sonos zones discovery  (Read 5627 times)

Offline grantclem

Re: Sonos zones discovery
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 02:46:44 am »
Has this been resolved at all?

Offline fyford

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 05:46:04 am »
Hi Grantclem,

I can confirm that with the steps in the link I provided a few posts earlier, I have everything working now. TTS, discovery the lot. TTS did not work at all and I gave up with it, but then a few weeks later it just started up again without me touching anything, telling me the weather etc etc.

I am running a VeraEdge (and a Vera plus, but that won't work with my RFCOM for some reason - so that's a total different story - but the TTS and Discovery works on both) with the latest firmware. TTS I am using Responsive Voice.

Good luck - it all seems a bit hit and miss... I guess we are a few years ahead of the curve. I'm sure there will be a standard (or 2) that will be set and allow everything to talk to each other smoothly eventually... homekit is trying..

Offline charlesrg

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 08:48:54 pm »
Hi Grantclem,

I can confirm that with the steps in the link I provided a few posts earlier, I have everything working now. TTS, discovery the lot. TTS did not work at all and I gave up with it, but then a few weeks later it just started up again without me touching anything, telling me the weather etc etc.

I am running a VeraEdge (and a Vera plus, but that won't work with my RFCOM for some reason - so that's a total different story - but the TTS and Discovery works on both) with the latest firmware. TTS I am using Responsive Voice.

Good luck - it all seems a bit hit and miss... I guess we are a few years ahead of the curve. I'm sure there will be a standard (or 2) that will be set and allow everything to talk to each other smoothly eventually... homekit is trying..
I don't understand how you got it resolved. The steps you indicate are to upload a TTS file, we are not even able to make it play, TTS would be the next step.

Offline fyford

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 10:57:02 am »
Hi charlesrg,

I am running the stock Sonos plugin :: Current Version:1.4

That is just working for me on my VeraPlus and Edge (I just cloned the Edge) running 1.7.3831

For me it was getting the TTS to work which was a pain. I run the wunderground app to tell me the weather, get alerts if Amazon / posty leaves parcels in my porch etc etc. That is now all working and has been for a while until this last firmware bricked my Vera.

That has now been resolved from Vera's side where they logged in remotely to clear cache which totally filled up the Vera. There is a thread somewhere about the firmware issues...

Shout if I can give any further info?

Cheers