We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Associating Leviton Scene/Zone controllers  (Read 13461 times)

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
Associating Leviton Scene/Zone controllers
« on: December 15, 2008, 06:07:38 pm »
Has anybody tried associating Leviton Scene/Zone Controllers to Leviton Switches/Plug-Ins?

Leviton has some proprietary additions to associations:
 - it uses regular association when it controls non-Leviton device. In that case the controller just sends the command to the device and doesn't expect anything back
 - it uses some feedback mechanism when the controlled device is also a Leviton one. In that case the Primary Controller sets something up (in addition to the regular association) so the controlling device sends its feedback to the Scene/Zone Controller.

Now, in case of Vera being a Primary Controller, I cannot seem to configure the second part of the association successfully. What happens in this case is the controller sends ON command to the device and changes its status LED to ON state as well, then it waits few seconds for the feedback confirmation from the device that it is ON, but since it does not receive feedback confirmation, it changes its status to OFF, while the device was actually properly turned ON.

Has anybody succeeded setting this up?

I tried adding Leviton Switch into Leviton Controller's associations (that works, as controller can control the switch) as well as the other way around - adding Controller to the Switch associations, which mostly fails, or still doesn't work.
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
Re: Associating Leviton Scene/Zone controllers
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 07:21:40 pm »
I had the same problem with the Leviton Controllers. I simply took them out of my system!
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 10:01:06 pm »
So, what are you using as single-/multi-button in-wall controllers?

I'm trying to keep the look&feel the same, so have to stick to Leviton... I guess I'll try if shifting controllers works or go back to use Vera as secondary controller.
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 07:42:14 am »
I was using the Leviton 1 scene wall controller but couldn't get it to work with my other ACT switches nor could I get it to associate with Vera.

Offline micasaverde

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 04:38:06 pm »
Can you give me the link to the actual controller you're using?  I'll try to get one to debug what's going on.  It's kind of tricky when manufacturer's do proprietary stuff.  But we can use a Zniffer to see what's happening.

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 05:58:54 pm »
Gladly!

The controller in question is this one:
http://shop.micasaverde.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=106&products_id=116

And I'm trying to associate it to this Dimmer Switch:
http://shop.micasaverde.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104&products_id=147

Also, it should apply to other 1-button and 4-button Zone/Scene controllers from Leviton and Plug-in modules from Monster.

Let me know if you need any other info or help testing it. Thanks.

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 11:25:04 am »
What is the best way to associate a Leviton one scene controller to an ACT ZDW120 v2.2 switch? I need it to work in a 3-way configuration.

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 12:40:17 am »
What is the best way to associate a Leviton one scene controller to an ACT ZDW120 v2.2 switch? I need it to work in a 3-way configuration.

I used to have Leviton 1-zone controller associated to Sylvania dimmer plug-in. You can do it with a primary remote controller or with Vera.

But since the switch is not Leviton, no feedback is sent to the controller. What it means is if you change the state on the switch itself, controller will not be updated and will be out of sync.

Offline micasaverde

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 07:51:12 pm »
I added it to the bug list.  I'll try to figure out how to get this going in the next couple days: http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=343

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 04:15:49 pm »
I was playing around with the leviton 1-scene controller and my act switch. I can get the leviton to turn the light off but not on. Strange one in deed! I initially tried to group 1 with no luck, tried group 2 and it turns the light off but not on. Will play around with it some more.

Offline chairman_bubba

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 10:53:44 pm »
I have a 4 button vizia rf+ zone controller, and two lights, one on a switch and one on a dimmer.
I created a unique scene to turn the lights on when button 1 is pressed. This seemed to work,
but the response time is slow. Everything is physically in the same room, so I don't know why the
delay is so bad, but that is a problem for another day.  So, how do I turn the lights off? I added another
event to this scene and labeled the button 0 as the wiki says. This did not work. I added another scene with
button #0 to turn the lights off and it did not work. So, I added yet another scene for button #4 to turn the
lights off and it works.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong with the settings to get the off side of the switch to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Frank

Offline ASIHome

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 01:57:06 pm »
I added it to the bug list.  I'll try to figure out how to get this going in the next couple days: http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=343

Did this ever make it into the firmware?

Offline zmistro

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 03:01:53 pm »
I have a 4 button vizia rf+ zone controller, and two lights, one on a switch and one on a dimmer.
I created a unique scene to turn the lights on when button 1 is pressed. This seemed to work,
but the response time is slow. Everything is physically in the same room, so I don't know why the
delay is so bad, but that is a problem for another day.  So, how do I turn the lights off? I added another
event to this scene and labeled the button 0 as the wiki says. This did not work. I added another scene with
button #0 to turn the lights off and it did not work. So, I added yet another scene for button #4 to turn the
lights off and it works.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong with the settings to get the off side of the switch to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Frank

I think vera is signaling the event not the Leviton multi button. There must be a  way to transfer the associations in the same manner that the leviton remote does.

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 01:41:59 am »
Since then I looked into this problem some more - there were other discussions on the forum touching this topic with some more detail. But, basically, Leviton uses HAIL to send back a status of the change (http://www.homeseer.com/wiki/index.php/ZWave) and so far I was only able to use this properly when Vera is secondary and the original Leviton master controller is primary. I was not able to associate devices properly with Vera being primary to send/receive HAIL at all. And if configured properly first with the Leviton master controller as primary and then shift role to Vera, it also stop working for some devices, but some devices continue working fine. The last piece kinda puzzles me, as I  can't understand why some devices don't want to HAIL to Vera and more interestingly, same models of devices work differently...