Author Topic: Problems with new Aeon products; Problems with modules after update to UI7  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Admax

Hello,
After update to UI7 we noticed that switch on/off (PAN04, PAN06) from Philio stop worked correctly. Instaling MiOS update App don't help. Previously on UI5 with MiOS update we could control each channel separately.

We have also another problem with recently relesed by Aeon Labs GEN 5 modules (Siren - ZW080, Heavy Duty Switch and Plug Switch on/off - ZW075 (older DSC24)). Those modules can't be controlled at all by Vera. With Fibaro above mentioned modules are working OK.
1.UI5 - it was even not possible to add the modules to the controller. Configuration was not completed.
2.UI6 & UI7 - modules were added without any problem, getting the status of the device was OK but when trying to switch ON or OFF from the Vera user inferface the switch was not working, but the message was that the communication was OK.

We are thinking that there is something wrong with "Set Command" send by Vera to the 5Gen switches.

We have been in contact with Aeon Labs and their technical support gave us below answer:
​Please be aware of that the "Set Command" will be encapsulated by security CC when sent by Vear to Gen5 switches if the gateway is in security mode. Otherwise, the "Set Command" will be sent directly by Vera to Gen5 switches if the gateway is in non-security mode.
Let us now how we can change the Security Mode in Vera to make GEN 5 modules working.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:55:38 am by Admax »

Offline hmspain

Re: Problems with new Aeon products; Problems with modules after update to UI7
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 04:51:23 am »
Hello,
After update to UI7 we noticed that switch on/off (PAN04, PAN06) from Philio stop worked correctly. Instaling MiOS update App don't help. Previously on UI5 with MiOS update we could control each channel separately.

We have also another problem with recently relesed by Aeon Labs GEN 5 modules (Siren - ZW080, Heavy Duty Switch and Plug Switch on/off - ZW075 (older DSC24)). Those modules can't be controlled at all by Vera. With Fibaro above mentioned modules are working OK.
1.UI5 - it was even not possible to add the modules to the controller. Configuration was not completed.
2.UI6 & UI7 - modules were added without any problem, getting the status of the device was OK but when trying to switch ON or OFF from the Vera user inferface the switch was not working, but the message was that the communication was OK.

We are thinking that there is something wrong with "Set Command" send by Vera to the 5Gen switches.

We have been in contact with Aeon Labs and their technical support gave us below answer:
​Please be aware of that the "Set Command" will be encapsulated by security CC when sent by Vear to Gen5 switches if the gateway is in security mode. Otherwise, the "Set Command" will be sent directly by Vera to Gen5 switches if the gateway is in non-security mode.
Let us now how we can change the Security Mode in Vera to make GEN 5 modules working.

As if we didn't have ENOUGH to deal with getting Zwave devices to work with Vera, we now have to deal with SECURITY issues (GEN 5)?  I would be more than happy to have Al-Qaeda break into my Vera if they could explain why a dozen things are not working LOL.
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline martynwendon

Re: Problems with new Aeon products; Problems with modules after update to UI7
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 10:13:16 am »
Hi,

We recently finished testing the Aeon Labs Heavy Duty Switch and came up with a couple of ways of getting it working in VERA UI5.

More details at http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-89

Hope that helps!

Martyn @ Vesternet

Offline ericstuberg

Martyn, this worked great. Thank you!! I cannot upgrade to UI7, because SQ Blaster is integrated into my Vera system, and they currently have an issue with Box.net and not being able to backup profiles (long story). This allowed me to use my new Heavy Duty Switch.

Thanks again!