Author Topic: Release schedule question...  (Read 983 times)

Offline mszewcz

• Sr. Newbie
Release schedule question...
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:51:43 pm »
@MCV Staff

I'm really disappointed by lack of your replies. You have announced an upgrade over two weeks ago, and silence is the only thing we're receiving at the moment. It's very unprofessional.
As of now I have a VeraLite with only a part of correctly running firmware. Lack of functionality, bugs, incorrect messages and many many more makes me start thinking about downgrading to UI5. It's not perfect, but at least it works...

Anyway, before I do so, I'd really like to know any UI7 roadmap to calculate which option will be better for me.

PS. Personally I think, that selling units with beta firmware on board is one of biggest mistakes you could probably made. It only discourages people from using your hardware. I suggest you to re-think your sales, development and - what's most important - your information strategy, as with current one you're close to loose some of your customers.

PSS. I don't know how your development team works, but maybe you could benefit from SCRUM. It could help you to release new firmware versions faster which will make your customers more satisfied. This will result in better feedback and product overall (also better sales), which will make you more satisfied...

Regards,
M
VeraLite @ UI7 | 7xFGD-211, 2xFGMS-001, 1xFGK-105, 1xDSC24

Offline guessed

• Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Re: Release schedule question...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 03:09:20 pm »
I split your post out, and moved it to the appropriate sub-forum.

This sub-board was created solely for functional questions related to development work.  General schedule questions can be directed elsewhere.

Offline mszewcz

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 03:21:55 pm »
@guessed - replied to post you splitted from, as there was mcv.andrei's announcement regarding new firmware release. Anyway - thanks for your job. I'll try to be more careful directing my posts in the future.
VeraLite @ UI7 | 7xFGD-211, 2xFGMS-001, 1xFGK-105, 1xDSC24

Offline guessed

• Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 03:42:37 pm »
He and I chatted when they set this stuff up, and wanted to keep that area "clean" of timeline type information so we could focus on developer questions (etc). It would easy to quickly diverge focus of the Developer sub-forum, which would impact us all.

MCV have folks that should answer the UI7 timeline questions.   Hopefully one day they'll do that, especially when they grant themselves 500 baseline posts, with only 10 actual community engagement postings...    8)