We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: "next level" control  (Read 719 times)

Offline JordonMusser

"next level" control
« on: September 29, 2014, 10:15:40 am »
I have 2 scenarios I want to implement.  I am sure something like this has been done before so if somebody wants to just link me to another thread/wiki/etc I am all for that.  These questions probably outline the fact I need to further my basic (block diagram level) understanding of the vera setup.

1) I want to handle the double click of an instant on light switch, and have to run a scene.  I could right the pseudo code.. but not idea how that would fit in. I am sure with some googling I could fit in the pseudo code into Luup but I am not sure I understand where this would be placed in the GUI.

2)The other is an if than.  I want a light to dim when the button is pressed if b/w certain times a day, etc.

I think if I can sort out those basics, getting the other more complex things I have rolling around in my mind going will be just a matter of attempting/debugging and trying again.

Thanks..

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
Re: "next level" control
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 04:29:23 pm »
I am not aware of many devices that will notify Vera if they are already on.

Do you mean on,off,on?

All of this is easy with PLEG

Offline JordonMusser

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 04:33:14 pm »
Not already on.. but A switch is basically a button and a relay.

When I hit the button, Vera says "hey, flip that relay state".

I want to do a check for 2 button presses in a certain time frame, and make that flip a different relay.  Since instant status should report immediately, this should be possible?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 04:48:48 pm »
As I said, if you can find a device that provides the notifications to Vera that you need, PLEG can provide the logic, using sequence expressions or multi triigger expressions.

Offline JordonMusser

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 05:29:18 pm »
Copy. diving into PLEG now. Thanks for the direction.