We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] UI7 - "Can't detect device"  (Read 34904 times)

Offline Pestus

Re: UI7 - "Can't detect device"
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 09:02:26 am »
I'll use lua in certain situations to provide some conditionals on triggers or actions.  I've also used it to pass HTTP commands to other devices to add customized integration methods.  In other cases, you might look into PLEG.  It's a logic engine which should prevent the need for heavy scripting if you want more than the basic Trigger -> Action dynamic.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 10:11:55 am »
The code needs to be placed inside the plugin code itself. The location will very per plugin and how the code is written.

- Garrett

Offline Pestus

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 01:48:17 pm »
Thank you Garrett.

That's what I thought.  The "Plugin" is the default Micasaverde files for cameras.  Not much I can do, I suppose.

Have a nice day!

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 10:34:46 pm »
If you are using a custom I_xxx. xml file for the camera (these do not come by default by MCV),  you'll have to provide support to add it in that file.

- Garrett

bartandeweg

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015, 10:42:17 am »
The code needs to be placed inside the plugin code itself. The location will very per plugin and how the code is written.

- Garrett

Hello Garrett,

Can you tell me where to place it in the Squeezebox plugin? I'm using your latest files?
Thanks in advance.

Offline TwannieM

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 01:14:55 am »
same problem with aeotec key fob.  it works fine but says 'can't detect device' after first wakeup.

tech support has been looking at it.

Has this ever been fixed?

Offline hmspain

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2015, 12:43:47 pm »
same problem with aeotec key fob.  it works fine but says 'can't detect device' after first wakeup.

tech support has been looking at it.

Has this ever been fixed?

I had to add/remove my Aeotec Key Fob just now (I made the mistake of doing a heal).  Unlike the Minimotes, the add should not use the "Other" "Other" add device option.  There is an Aeotec Keyfob option now under UI7.

Even so, it took several add/removes to get it working.

NOTE: Once added, the "Configured" parameter should be 1 (you should not need to set it).

NOTE: You may have to push the "mode" switch (it is next to the "Learn" switch for adding the device).

Assign your scenes; be patient.  It takes a while for the system to settle down (wait for all the messages to clear).  When you push a scene button, the led should flash once GREEN.  If it flashes red, start over.

Sorry if all this is a bit muddled, and hope it helps someone.
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline TwannieM

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2015, 01:56:13 pm »
Okay, thanks!
I have mine workung but not all buttons seem to work.
I can't get it going on 8 modes, did you?
I also I noticed that it looks like it works better if you close the key between each press... often the key will give me a red light if i don't do that

do you have the 8 button mode working?

Offline hmspain

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2015, 08:19:52 pm »
Okay, thanks!
I have mine workung but not all buttons seem to work.
I can't get it going on 8 modes, did you?
I also I noticed that it looks like it works better if you close the key between each press... often the key will give me a red light if i don't do that

do you have the 8 button mode working?

I'm able to get all eight buttons working, but only on the Minimote with the numbers on the buttons (the older model I think).  The newer ones have no numbers and I never got one to work.

Having aside that, sometimes when I added the Minomote, it asked for the number of buttons; I would enter four, and that's all you get.  If you add the device using "Add Device" and then find the actual AEON MINIMOTE option, it appears to give you only the four buttons.

If you add the Minimote using Other Device and Other Zwave (or something similar, I remember it as OTHER OTHER), it appears to interrogate the device better and all eight buttons show up for assignment.

Once you add the device, make sure to check the parameters, a LOT should be filled out.  If you have a "short" list of parameters, start over :-).

Short advice; try OTHER OTHER and you might get lucky with all eight button options.
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline TwannieM

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 12:47:47 am »
 see..
I added 8 in the field you are mentioning but withoit any luck so far.
I will try again... and again...:)
There are 2 ways to attach the buttons to a scene. In the configuration of the Fob but also in the scene itself. I noticed no difference althoug using the confiruration of the fob may mess around the scenes a bit, showing double links in the keyfob config.

Thanks for the info!

Offline scyto

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 09:17:38 pm »
I note that I am supposed to put "luup.set_failure(false)" somewhere.  I've looked at these two files, but they aren't appropriate for lua code.  As such, some clarification on where this snippet goes, would be helpful.  I cant find anywhere in the interface to put Lua script in relation to the plugins.  I've tried putting this line into the startup Lua section, under develop apps, but it did not work. 

you have to put it at the end of the LUA file for the device I think.  There is an example in the insteon ISY plugin thread, there it is put right at the end, not sure if that applies for all plug-ins...

Offline AutomateMeVee

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2015, 09:36:07 pm »
I'm having exact same issues that you have wrote about, did you ever find a solution? Thanks S.

Offline fredriksimon

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2016, 03:54:52 am »
I did a luup.set_failure (false, device_number) under Apps -> Develop apps -> Test Luup code. Clear my "Can't detect device" for my DSC alarm.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2016, 07:08:00 pm »
Thanks @fredriksimon!

This seemed to work for my devices with the "Can't Detect Device" error message.

However, it did not work with my motion sensors that have a "Waiting for wakeup to configure device" message stuck (they work perfectly well except this error message on the dashboard).

Offline rayshields

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2016, 01:28:23 pm »
I upgraded UI5 to UI7 yesterday on my Vera Lite. Lost the lot, Device not connected for everything.

Tried re-installing devices, and most either cannot be seen or will pair initially then stop working. UI7 is still broken.