Author Topic: iviri crashing at startup  (Read 1712 times)

Offline helraiser

iviri crashing at startup
« on: October 01, 2014, 02:17:42 pm »
Hi folks,

I'm on an iphone 4 and iviri keeps crashing when i start it up. I look at the background apps and see what's running and am able to switch to it but then crashes again. I've tried removing and reinstalling & rebooting my phone, no dice. I'm using the latest version available on the app store, IOS 7.1.2 (Jailbroken) and UI5.

Thanks

Offline pentium

Re: iviri crashing at startup
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 04:15:12 pm »
Same here, iphone 5s, ios 803,

It starts up, sits there a second, and goes away.  I was finally able to get in this morning and turn off the geofence, but now I can't get back in and start it. 

With so many things going on at vera and apple, I understand but would like to hear if there is a workaround.

Offline tb001

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 11:55:50 pm »
Try going to "settings" and making your initial view dashboard. I was having a horrible problem with the app crashing and this seems to have mostly fixed it.

Unfortunately, still can't get geofence or ibeacons to work reliably. Really stinks, as this capability is key to so much I want to do with vera. For the record, I don't think it's the fault of the app-think the capabilities here just aren't very good in general and would guess the issue is the iphone. At this point I have a couple of different ways to detect home and flip the same switch on, and I still can't reliably determine of one of us is home.

Offline helraiser

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 10:04:46 am »
thanks tb001. It took a while to figure out you were talking about the Iphone Settings and not a settings option within Iviri itself but once I found it I was able to switch default views and we're in business! On an Iphone 4 it's slow as heck but in a week or 2, my new phone should be here.

Thanks again!

Offline pentium

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 10:19:22 am »
I already had it set for dashboard.  So, I changed it to scenes view and it still crashed.  Changed it back to dashboard and reloaded the app, and it still failed.

Offline helraiser

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 07:24:58 pm »
try reinstalling the app and going into those settings before launching. either way, the app has some bugs.

Offline tb001

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 07:39:19 pm »
try reinstalling the app and going into those settings before launching. either way, the app has some bugs.

Yes, if I recall correctly, this is what I had to do. Now that I'm thinking about it, I also turned off voice control in the settings, as I believe that was causing some issues. I'm on a 4s, so maybe that's part of the issue

Offline waltzer11

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 06:39:49 pm »

it kept crashing for 3 days now. i deleted it and try to search the app store in order to reinstall but cannot find "iviri". i am using vera edge UI7. now i lost the program. i paid 2 of these; one for me and one for my wife so that we can both use geofence.