We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Scene control from GE 45631 Z-Wave Wireless Keypad Controller missing hue lights  (Read 1419 times)

Offline agidi

Hello dear Vera gurus of the world.

Your ideas or suggestions are welcomed.

I have a pretty GE 45631 Z-Wave Wireless Keypad Controller working just nice with my scenes. One on buttons turns on a Scene on my vera, which in turn , activates several lights.
For example an ALL ON, and a ALL OFF scene.  simple.

I recently got 4 HUE lights.  Wired them independently to be always energized.
I added the HUE pluggin, memorized a Preset for each, and added them to the Scene that controls the all on and all off.

If i run the scene from the UI, it controls all lights as expected.
If i run the scene from my iphone using VeraMate (which i recommend) , the scene controls all lights as expected.
If i run the scene from the GE 45631 Z-Wave Wireless Keypad Controller, it misses the HUE lights exclusively.
on or off, it will always miss the hue lights.

There is no major setup, just link the button to the scene.
See this screenshot
http://screencast.com/t/zJ56LE77YG4S

Any ideas why? or how to fix it?
all comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Offline acurioso

I'm not sure about this particular controller but for many controllers the Vera literally copies over the scene settings over to the secondary controller.

This has two side effects:
  • Devices that are not Z-Wave will not work from the secondary controller.
  • Devices on delay will not work (Vera only copies over the "Immediate" group to a lot of controllers.

This is because when you press the button on the secondary controller it is not actually Vera that is doing the controlling, it is the secondary controller (which is working off the copy).

It's for that reason that I haven't put one of these in yet either, since I have a lot of non-z-wave devices controlled by Vera. I'm not sure how to fix that but I would very much be interested in a solution as well.