We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Merten CONNECT compatibility  (Read 78531 times)

Offline huwu

Re: Merten CONNECT compatibility
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 02:20:53 am »
Thank you for the translation and the site, mhn.

The most important thing to me is that the window covering devices work in the new release because I have 14 of them. With the first public beta four weeks ago MCV had a bug supporting these kind of devices.
My Z-Wave:Vera3, VeraEdge, 4*Dimmer, 14*RollerShutter, 4*PlugIn,9*Binary, 8*SmokeSensor, 2*Remote, 1*Siren, 1*RangeExtender, 1*Sensor, 1*BatterySwitch. Devices from:Duewi, Merten, HomePro, Trickle, Everspring, Fibaro, Aeon, Vision and MiCasa Verde

Offline wellepi

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 02:49:38 pm »
Hi,

I run release 1.0.899
The Merten receivers integrate very easy. It concerns models
They all work. The only thing I did not test yet is the dim function of the 507900

Only one button of the battery powered radio button (4 buttons) 506244 works. Initially it was not functioning at all, but when pushing during the peering process (add a controller) quickly the 0 button and then the 1 button , the 0 button works now and can trigger a scene. Any other suggestions to have also the other buttons working are welcom?

Pieter

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 04:37:04 pm »
The 1-gang Merten push buttons seem to work with firmware 1.0.900. Use method #2 (http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Add_Controller) for inclusion. The lower button has scene no. 0, the upper button has scene no. 255.

PS:
Please update http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Supported_Hardware.

Offline huwu

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 05:39:23 pm »
900?

Is this the new release?
My Z-Wave:Vera3, VeraEdge, 4*Dimmer, 14*RollerShutter, 4*PlugIn,9*Binary, 8*SmokeSensor, 2*Remote, 1*Siren, 1*RangeExtender, 1*Sensor, 1*BatterySwitch. Devices from:Duewi, Merten, HomePro, Trickle, Everspring, Fibaro, Aeon, Vision and MiCasa Verde

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 07:10:36 pm »
Firmware 1.0.900 corrects a problem with dongle backup/restore (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=1872.msg6873#msg6873).

Offline wolf

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 10:10:38 am »
Hi!

I am as well in the process of buying and combining vera with the merten z-wave series.

Here some questions:

As far as I see it (after reading in this forum and the wiki), the different merten receivers should be easy to include into the system without a problem.

The trouble usually begins when the battery powerded controllers come into action: Here the 2 button (4-way) switch still is not fully supported - only the first half (2 buttons) is working in vera...

As I read the manual of 5052../ 5062../ 5072.. this switch contains of 2 seperate units (individually configurable) - shouldn´t it be possible to go through the process of pairing the devices with vera twice to solve the missing button problem?

Or is my impression wrong and the two halfs of the button share the same id?

It would be really cool to be able to fully use the switches with vera...

Wolf
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:15:39 am by wolf »

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 11:22:29 am »
http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=571 suggests that the merten switches with 4 button are one device.

But one could try to associate the two non-functional buttons with other merten devices using the proprietary merten method. Of course, these associations would not be visible to Vera.

Offline umtauscher

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 06:17:05 am »
Hi everyone,

what about the Merten 506004? When I connect it, it is shown as a motion sensor. This can't be right, especially as this device is confirgurable.  There are four inputs, which can be configured to different functions.
What about MCV's guarantee (everything simply works)? http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Guaranteed_Compatibility

It seems to me, this issue is old enough to be sovled by now. What is the trick to make it work?
Thanks in advance

Umtauscher

Offline huwu

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2010, 06:22:11 am »
Hi,
I don't use this device by now but maybe this link helps you:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Merten_506004_Connect_Radio_Transmitter_FM_4gang

Regards

Offline umtauscher

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 08:27:42 am »
Thanks, but this only states the things that are also dokumented in the device manual.
The problem is, that Vera isn't able to use it correctly.

Offline umtauscher

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2010, 04:02:54 am »
Well after experimenting one day, I can officially say, that the merten 506004 transmitter is not properly supported by Vera:
This device has four inputs, that can be configured to act as two 2-way switches or two 1- way switches.  This means you can either use it as a simple on off switch or a dimmer switch with up and down function.
- In the first case, you leave the correspondig second pair of inputs unconnected. You connect a normal on-off switch to it and it send once when closing the contact and once when opening it.

- In the second case, you use 2 buttons, one for on an one for off for each channel.

Vera detects this 2 channel transmitter as a single motion sensor. This one logically has only 2 states.  

Secondly the transmitter has 4 additional modes, that can be set by programming one variable per channel, but Vera doesn't support that either.

So this is far away from "simply works"

Cheers
Umtauscher
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 04:04:29 am by umtauscher »

Offline kalleochvera

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 11:41:11 am »
How can I include and configure the Merten battery operated 2-gang push-button to the Vera network? (I know that it is only possible to use button 1 and 2 with Vera.)

The first step is straight forward. I'll do a full power inclusion from the "More Z-Wave optons" section. After naming the device and chosing room I'm stuck.

I have managed to configure a few push-buttons, but I have no idea how I did it, and I can't repeat it.  ???

The "tools" I have used (in every possible combination) when trying to configure are:
Acording to the manual you can either press the operating surface three times to enter programming mode or hold it down to "configure" the push button.
Using full power inclusion several times hoping that Vera will configure the button.
Pressing "configure node right now"
Adding associations in the "Custom ZWave settings" section

Regards
Karl

Offline huwu

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 12:35:33 pm »
Hi Karl,
are you sure that the device is not included?

The low-power way worked for me.

First reset the device to be sure that it is "clean". Than push three times the upper left button an include the device via the dongle.

Offline kalleochvera

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 01:41:29 pm »
I have no problem including the push-button. The problem is to configure.
After you have included your buttons, what do you do then?

You might be on to something when you suggest a reset. Two of my brand new devices were locked (impossible to reset) and I had to replace them. Maybe the other ones are faulty too?

I have mostly been using lower left button to include.  I'll add choice of button to my "tool box" and see what happens.

Thank you for helping.

Offline huwu

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2010, 11:21:16 am »
ok, sorry for misunderstanding.

You have to create as scene with an event. Choose event type "A scene is activated". Than the number of the scene.
Upper left button is 255
Lower left button is 0

See attached picture.

Hope that helps....