Author Topic: Merten CONNECT compatibility  (Read 37895 times)

kalleochvera

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Merten CONNECT compatibility
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 02:06:25 am »
I have figured out how to configure my Merten 2-gang battery push buttons! (only button one and two).

Here is an outline of how I did.
1) Reset your push-button to be sure it is clean
2) Include them. I do it with a full power inclusion from the Devices-->Z-wave-->"more z-wave options" page.
3) You have two options. 1) You can trigger scenes, or 2) You can associate buttons directly to dimmers er switches.
(If you want instant reactions and be able to dim your lights use option 2). If you have more complex settings use option 1).)
4) Set you scences or associations and save.
5) Configure the push-button: This works for me, but i'm sure it can be done differently. First, push button one three times to put the push-button into learning mode. Right after that, push "Configure node right now". Wait 20 seconds.
If it doesn't work, repeat step 5).

This should do it. (The cogs never turns green, but I guess it is because button 3 and 4 don't work)

I'm happy to learn that you can make the push-buttons talk directly to dimmers. This way lights change directly, not one by one under a few seconds...

Strangely, I have managed to configure button 3 and 4 to activate a scene. Button 1 och 2 was not configured so still just two buttons, but intresting to have button 3 and 4 working.

Let me know if anything is unclear or can be done better.

Regards
Karl

Ap15e

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 03:24:28 am »
If you are using option 2 (associating buttons directly to devices) you could even try to modify the behaviour of the buttons by setting the Z-Wave parameters accordingly (see attached excerpt from merten's manual).

vascodp

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 08:31:48 am »
I tried all possible combinations (including Karl's script), but I just can't complete the pairing process. Vera shows "Waiting for wakeup..." forever or "unable to get any information" when trying to configure.

I'm using Vera 2, first with 1.1.304 and now with 1.1.319.

Any further ideias ?

This is getting critical as there are not many european in-wall controllers (with a decent look), and it seems that to have Vera detecting european x10 commands from my SS13 scene controllers does not seem obvious either...

Ap15e

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 05:16:22 am »
I have experimented a bit with my 2-gang push buttons (1.0.994):

1. Reset the device
2. Full power inclusion
3. Change settings, save
4. Configure device
5. Test device

The tricky part is step 4. There seems to be a very short window for the configuration (200 ms?),
so one has to repeat the configuration several times to succeed. If this does not work, restart at step 1.

I managed to

directly Z-Wave-associate an ACT dimmer to the left top/bottom button (quite reproducible)
 directly Z-Wave-associate an ACT dimmer to the left and a merten dimmer to the right buttons (not reproducible ...)

But:
If I set direct associations, scene activation does not work. It seems you cannot set direct
associations and use Vera's scenes at the same time.

@MCV
Shouldn't Vera set an Z-Wave association to itself at the controller? Wouldn't this allow using
direct associations and Vera's scenes at the same time?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:59:54 pm by Ap15e »

kalleochvera

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2010, 04:51:45 am »
My inclusion-configure recipe for the push-button doesn't work with the new firmware (1.1.1047). Any one else experiencing this?

Any new tips on how to battle the Merten devices?

(Let us all remind the developers to have a look at this incompatibility issue every once in a while)

Karl

Shadock

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010, 10:21:18 am »
Same problem for me here with the 4gang merten.
Vera (v2) see it as a motion detector, but nothing happens. I can not configure it in scene, etc..
I've tried to add it in many ways but without success

Does not work at all.

Please Mcv, can you respect your engagement ? It's a strong promise, but it's never respected it worth nothing !

saataja

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2010, 02:28:02 am »
Just bought vera 2 and very happy with the performace the only down size is not supporting Merten 4 gang and I have two on these in my house.

Does any one know if 2 gang model is supported? Would like to assosiate 2 gang controller to a reguler flush mounted merten switch using Vera. Also would like to include this switch to a scene used by Vera.

To admins: I would be _very_ willing to use quite extensive testing in order to support 4 gang model. This model seems to quite sold in europe and thus would be nice to get to the supported hardware list.
Vera 2, 27 nodes, android and touch (ivera). Me likes!

itgo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2010, 09:10:18 am »
Hi, I am experiencing the same issues with the Merten 506,004 device. It is recognized as a motion sensor. I followed the advice of the user huwu, creating a scene, but I don't understand where to put the 255 and 0 values for the button he's talking about, and I don't have the option "A scene is activated" as trigger. I would be immensely grateful if somebody points me to the correct way to make Vera work with this device.

Thank you
Vera2 (111047)- Merten (Danfoss) 509201 - Merten remote 506923 - Merten radio 4 gang 506004 - Merten switch 2x 507502 - Merten switch x1 507501 -Merten radio pliug adapter dimmer 508619 - Merten Radio-Argus 220 sensor 509519 - Merten Blind control  580698 and 504546 - Merten - Panasonic  BL-C111

itgo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 09:11:59 am »
Hi, from the Zwave alliance site, it reads:

"Having this standard means every product that bears the Z-Wave mark will work with all other Z-Wave products, with no special programming, regardless of who originally manufacturers the item. As a result, total home control has been made simple, accessible and affordable to consumers everywhere. Not three years from now. Not next year -- today."

So I wonder how it is possible that Merten has been awarded the compatibility Zwave if this is not completely true, or if this is an issue only with the Micasaverde Vera!
Vera2 (111047)- Merten (Danfoss) 509201 - Merten remote 506923 - Merten radio 4 gang 506004 - Merten switch 2x 507502 - Merten switch x1 507501 -Merten radio pliug adapter dimmer 508619 - Merten Radio-Argus 220 sensor 509519 - Merten Blind control  580698 and 504546 - Merten - Panasonic  BL-C111

Ap15e

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 10:02:24 am »
You could try to file a "Guaranteed Compatibility" claim (http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/GuaranteedCompatibility).

umtauscher

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 09:30:35 am »
I tried that already. MCV claim, the device is not compatible - go figure.

Ap15e

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 10:20:16 am »
Does the 506004 have a Z-Wave logo?

umtauscher

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 10:44:22 am »
Yes, it has, but as far as I can see, only on the box. ;-)

mhn

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010, 11:23:35 am »
They said the same about the Duewi remote  http://www.duewi.de/download.php?bid=5861&lid=4

It has a Z-Wave logo on the remote.

(I never tried the Guarantee, I just wanted my remote to work.)

itgo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2010, 01:06:27 am »
I wrote a letter to Zwave Alliance and I hope to provide comprehensive answers that will bring you back here in the forums.

Here is the text :

Dear Zwave Alliance,

I'd like to ask for your kind assistance to help me with a serious issue I'm having.

Here in Italy (and in a few other European countries) we have wall recessed boxes which are slightly different from the rest of the world, so we can't use many of the existing Z-Wave load control devices on the market, designed to fit into square boxes (we have rectangular ones).
 The only wall-mountable solution available to us is a device built by Merten, the product code of which is 506.004. It is a little transmitter allowing remote control of other Merten load control devices (such as 507.502, and others). This device is wired to push buttons commonly found in Italy.

To control Zwave devices I chose the MiCasaVerde Vera system, hoping it would recognize the Merten device properly; but unfortunately Vera recognizes it as a motion sensor.

We've been investigating this issue, looking for help in any forum (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=276.msg26757), and there we noticed other users have our same issue, but don't seem to bother much; on the contrary, for us in Italy this matter is crucial, since this device is the only one we can fit into standard wall recessed boxes.

The Zwave alliance site reads:
 "Having this standard means every product that bears the Z-Wave mark will work with all other Z-Wave products, with no special programming, regardless of who originally manufacturers the item. As a result, total home control has been made simple, accessible and affordable to consumers everywhere. Not three years from now. Not next year -- today."

After deep testing, MiCasaVerde claims that the Merten device does not fully comply to Z-Wave standard parameters, and therefore the Vera system can not recognize it properly.
Here is a technical analysys from their support :
"The Merten 506004 is a proprietary device, they have proprietary classes embed in their controller. For this, we're not able to control it. We made several requests to Merten to provide those classes to implement them into Vera, but so far, no answer. We could go ahead and reverse engineer their code, but that's illegal and unfair. Until they provide those classes, we can't do much about it, sorry."

So I wonder how is it possible that this Merten device has been awarded Zwave compatibility if this is not completely true!

We hope to find a solution as soon as possible, since our vision is to start installing Zwave systems in Italy where this technology still isn't well-known.

Thanks for your attention .
Best regards