We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Merten CONNECT compatibility  (Read 79348 times)

Offline MikeT

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Merten CONNECT compatibility
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2012, 07:44:24 pm »
Sirkro,

Just by chance I had some spare time available over Easter Weekend and had a go at configuring my Merten 2 dual gang switches (507219), that up to now had been directly associated with four flush-mounted Connect receivers (using the Merten Connect USB Interface directly). To my shock, amazement and delight I got it to work and all config is now done directly from Vera.

I have to say it's not smooth sailing as it does error every time it you try to configure the node, but in the end it seems to stick and works as I expect (despite the errors). So, it's by no means perfect, but now at least fit for purpose! Just keep trying a few times and make sure you configure the Connect receivers as well to ensure that they have the associations too.

Good luck!

Offline kalleochvera

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2012, 11:30:32 am »
I have used some of my spare time to replicate your amazing achievement without luck. How did you do it? Can you do it again?
I would be more than happy if you could teach me the magic.

Have any one else managed to associate both buttons?
 ???

Thanks.

Offline vascodp

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2012, 12:01:21 pm »

@kalleochvera,

When at UI4, I was able to associate both buttons. It was an odd process, but after some practice, It wouldn take me less then 5 minutes to configure each device. However, the wall controller never showed up as "configured", but I didn't care as they were fully functional.

Try to click 3 times on the top left button, at the same time you click "Configure node right now". Then, keep clicking the same button at a slower pace (once every second or so). First, the led stops responding, even when you press the button. Then, you will get a red or green flash each time you press the button. It's time to quickly press 3 times and repeat the process as many times as needed until you finally get a result message from Vera. Probably, it will be an error message, but after a couple of attempts (and some practice), you will verify that both buttons light the green led and the associations are both working.

However, once I upgraded to the UI5 (1.5.346), the standard process can only configure one association (even though the release notes refer to a fix), and I could not reproduce the process, so far...

Any clues out there ????

Offline kalleochvera

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2012, 12:55:09 pm »
@vascodp
Thats typical, I did just upgrade my Vera 2 to the latest UI5 (1.5.346). I also shifted to the latest z-wave firmware (3.20). I have tried in every possible way. No success. :-(

@MikeT
What firmware, hardware, etc. are you running? Is it still working for you?

@Ap15e
As one of the most experienced users battling Merten devices. Do you have any success?

I'm cautiously optimistic since MCV have released a firmware with a Merten fix. Lets hope for the best.

Offline Ap15e

• Beta Testers
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2012, 01:55:37 pm »
IIRC, I've never tried to configure a Merten device with UI5 - sorry.

Offline vascodp

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2012, 04:49:30 pm »

I was trying to setup association group 2, instead of 3.

My controlleres are now working on UI5, with both buttons associated, after using the procedure described before. It's worth trying...

Offline kalleochvera

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2012, 09:15:57 am »
With some luck I manage to associate one button. With two buttons set in the "Device options" tab it doesn't work. :-(
Maybe i'm setting the values and groups wrong?
@vascodp
What are your settings in the "device options" tab? (Any configuration settings?, Group ID:, Set to:,

I have two merten dimmers that are to be managed (independently) with the two buttons.

Thanks for all the help!

Offline vascodp

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2012, 05:56:11 pm »
@kalleochvera,

Under "device options", I have no parameters, just groups 1 and 3 associated with the two controlled devices, in my case two duewi Window blind inserts.

The rest comes with time and patience...

Offline kalleochvera

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2012, 06:44:25 am »
@vascodp
Thank you for telling me over and over again to keep trying. After installing 1.5.408 I gave it a new push and it worked!

It seems pretty random when the devices get correctly configured. I'll keep experimenting to see if I can get it to work every time. Maybe there are alot of bugs lurking around in the devices...

(Now I'm not able to associate anything because of a bug in 1.5.408, but thats a different story. http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,11166.0.html)

Thank you again.

-Karl

Offline Magnus

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2012, 08:00:21 am »

@kalleochvera,

When at UI4, I was able to associate both buttons. It was an odd process, but after some practice, It wouldn take me less then 5 minutes to configure each device. However, the wall controller never showed up as "configured", but I didn't care as they were fully functional.

Try to click 3 times on the top left button, at the same time you click "Configure node right now". Then, keep clicking the same button at a slower pace (once every second or so). First, the led stops responding, even when you press the button. Then, you will get a red or green flash each time you press the button. It's time to quickly press 3 times and repeat the process as many times as needed until you finally get a result message from Vera. Probably, it will be an error message, but after a couple of attempts (and some practice), you will verify that both buttons light the green led and the associations are both working.

However, once I upgraded to the UI5 (1.5.346), the standard process can only configure one association (even though the release notes refer to a fix), and I could not reproduce the process, so far...

Any clues out there ????

I have succeded to configure my 4-gang Eljo Connect (Merten) just like you described above. I also end up with the status "not configured" in Vera and showing red light. But I can use the two paddles to dim two different nodes. I assume they are connected directly since I cannot trigger any scenes by pushing the paddles.

Can anyone please describe howto let the paddles instead control scenes so that you have better control over what shall happen. I know this will have the downside with delays etc but I want to know how to do this.

/Magnus

Offline huwu

« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2012, 08:49:33 am »
...just create a scene with a trigger (event). Remember that the device only supports event numbers 0 and 255. See attached screenshot.
Jochen
My Z-Wave:Vera3, VeraEdge, 4*Dimmer, 14*RollerShutter, 4*PlugIn,9*Binary, 8*SmokeSensor, 2*Remote, 1*Siren, 1*RangeExtender, 1*Sensor, 1*BatterySwitch. Devices from:Duewi, Merten, HomePro, Trickle, Everspring, Fibaro, Aeon, Vision and MiCasa Verde

Offline heke

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2013, 09:40:24 am »
Hi,

Are there any updates on merten 2 gang radio switch (507219).

I noticed that new devices are added from merten to private beta.

1.5.532 - November 20, 2012 - private beta
12.           Added many new devices (Everspring, 2-Gig, Merten, Fibaro).

Offline heke

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2013, 04:24:10 pm »
Hi,

Just got 2 gang radio button to work with direct associations to merten super dimmers. Thanks vascodp for instructions !!! :)

Offline marks

« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2013, 06:52:24 pm »
Are you guys able to initiate scenes from these units? If so, how?

Offline huwu

« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2013, 03:53:40 am »
See my previous comment and the screenshot.

Just create a scene and create a trigger in there based on the Merten device.

My Z-Wave:Vera3, VeraEdge, 4*Dimmer, 14*RollerShutter, 4*PlugIn,9*Binary, 8*SmokeSensor, 2*Remote, 1*Siren, 1*RangeExtender, 1*Sensor, 1*BatterySwitch. Devices from:Duewi, Merten, HomePro, Trickle, Everspring, Fibaro, Aeon, Vision and MiCasa Verde