We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3  (Read 175848 times)

Offline Pseudomizer

Re: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2014, 10:50:53 am »
Hi.

Sorry for my absence... October was a hellish month 8-}

I have published an update to the plugin that addresses some of the issues mentioned in the thread... hopefully it will be more usable..

I will provide more feedback to the comments once I re-read the thread...

Great to hear but please don't make my functioning system now non-functioning after I finally got it working  ;)
Vera 3, RFWC5AW, 2 x LFM-20, FS20Z, 3 x YRD220ZW619KWKD, 2 x FI9826W, FI9828P, 2 x NEST Gen2, EVL-3CG, 11 x BR30, 3 x A19 Hue, Media Srv, 18 x ZW4004, 8 x ZW3003, 12 x ZW2002, IP2IR Cache, 2 x DSC24, ZWN-SC7, 4 x PIR-ZWAVE2, DSB05-ZWUS, RS100-HC, ECO-TILT-US, Ribu1C, 3 x GE12721, 2 x Echo, ZW078-A

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2014, 12:05:09 pm »
in order for the Read Panel function to operate correctly the system must have Chime mode disabled.

Great catch!! thanks!! Saved me a whole lotta frustration... 8-}

This issue is now fixed as of v3.17...

Great to hear but please don't make my functioning system now non-functioning after I finally got it working  ;)

I make no promises... But, I do always try to make sure that any changes I make are productive... You should be fine... After the zones and outputs are populated, the "read panel" function will not run, and your configuration will not be changed. (although this was a bug in v3.1...)

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2014, 01:02:26 pm »
1) Logs - I use Eventwatcher to keep tabs on all my Zwave and Ademco devices.  I'm no longer seeing the status for "Ademco Vista Partition 1, DetailedArmMode" in any of my logs (Eventwatcher or standard Vera).  I think I have things set up correctly but perhaps you're hiding those updates somehow? 

I changed the code in the function that handles the ArmMode and DetailedArmMode... I used to update those variables every time a message was received from the EVL3. It now only updates these variables if they have changed. You should get a plugin generated message (when debug mode is turned on] and a vera generated message when the variable changes.
Code: [Select]

50      11/04/14 10:14:18.492   luup_log:53: (EVL3VistaAlarmPanel::setPartitionState) Set DetailedArmMode='NotReady' for partition 1 (device #95). <0x2f9da680>
06      11/04/14 10:14:18.492   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 95 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EVL3VistaAlarmPartition2 variable: [[35;1mDetailedArmMode[[0m was: Ready now: NotRe
ady #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:0x977a68/NONE duplicate:0 <0x2f9da680>

3) For my wireless door sensors (Ademco 5816), I had to enter in my serial # and loop #.  If I didn't enter in the loop #, then I saw some strange behavior (e.g., if I left a door open, the status would change to closed after 30 seconds even though the door was still open).  I assume the plugin assumes a wired sensor if the loop # is empty.
Yes. The serial/loop fields change the behavior of the zone (within the plugin) from wired (uses the TTL variable) to wireless (uses the TTL_RF_MOTION value) , but only for motion sensors. For a door/window sensor, the TTL variable should always be used... If you have debug mode set, the plugin will report the TTL value that it has set for the zone. This behavior (the zone clearing while still tripped) may indicate a bug in the TTL mechanism or that the TTL method is not the best way to overcome the Vista panels lack of fault restoral messages.

And yes, you are correct... The wireless sensors do report their state changes immediately, except for the motion sensors that only send reports if it has not already sent a report within the previous three minutes.

I also just noticed another thing (perhaps related to my #1 above about logging).  I use Homewave for iOS.  The alarm partition doesn't show up anymore when I try to add an alarm device to Homewave.  When I check the device's advanced properties under UI5, I see its category is still set as 23 (DEVICE_CATEGORY_ALARM_PARTITION).  So I'm little confused why I can't select it as an option in Homewave (and why the alarm state doesn't show up in my logs anymore).
Thanks

Not sure whats happening here... I have not used any of the "mobile apps" extensively yet, but I have just checked using ImperiHome on Android and it only shows the zone devices but not the partition or panel devices... Vera Mobile on IOS also doesn't show the panel/partition devices, but VeraMate does... I'll need to look into this further.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:06:34 pm by cybrmage »

Offline Aaron

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2014, 03:53:47 pm »
Cybrmage,
Can you help me troubleshot why the Device Names are reverting back to the defaults when i try to change them?

thx!

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2014, 07:00:05 pm »
3) For my wireless door sensors (Ademco 5816), I had to enter in my serial # and loop #.  If I didn't enter in the loop #, then I saw some strange behavior (e.g., if I left a door open, the status would change to closed after 30 seconds even though the door was still open).  I assume the plugin assumes a wired sensor if the loop # is empty.
Yes. The serial/loop fields change the behavior of the zone (within the plugin) from wired (uses the TTL variable) to wireless (uses the TTL_RF_MOTION value) , but only for motion sensors. For a door/window sensor, the TTL variable should always be used... If you have debug mode set, the plugin will report the TTL value that it has set for the zone. This behavior (the zone clearing while still tripped) may indicate a bug in the TTL mechanism or that the TTL method is not the best way to overcome the Vista panels lack of fault restoral messages.

And yes, you are correct... The wireless sensors do report their state changes immediately, except for the motion sensors that only send reports if it has not already sent a report within the previous three minutes.

After further testing, I did find a bug in the way I determined the zone type... This has been fixed in V3.25

I also just noticed another thing (perhaps related to my #1 above about logging).  I use Homewave for iOS.  The alarm partition doesn't show up anymore when I try to add an alarm device to Homewave.  When I check the device's advanced properties under UI5, I see its category is still set as 23 (DEVICE_CATEGORY_ALARM_PARTITION).  So I'm little confused why I can't select it as an option in Homewave (and why the alarm state doesn't show up in my logs anymore).
Thanks

Not sure whats happening here... I have not used any of the "mobile apps" extensively yet, but I have just checked using ImperiHome on Android and it only shows the zone devices but not the partition or panel devices... Vera Mobile on IOS also doesn't show the panel/partition devices, but VeraMate does... I'll need to look into this further.

Ok... the various mobile apps support the Alarm Partition devices ONLY when the device type is "urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:AlarmPartition:2". I was using a custom device type. The device type for the partition devices has been changed as of v3.25, and should now be usable with the various mobile apps (I have tested it with ImperiHome for android.)

Cybrmage,
Can you help me troubleshot why the Device Names are reverting back to the defaults when i try to change them?

thx!

You must change the name of a zone device in the zone definitions. This is the "Zones" tab on the panel device. To change a zone definition, re-enter the existing data into the input boxes on the "add" line....

ie: existing zone 9 is:
09   1   Zone# 9   1234567   1   Motion
and you want to change the name to "Hall Motion", you would enter:
09   1   Hall Motion   1234567   1   Motion
then click on Add, and the zone definition will be updated. When you then save the data and the LUUP engine restarts, the name on the zone device will be changed.

If you just change the name directly in the zone device, it will be reverted back to the "default" name that is contained in the zone definition. (Not really a default... it's what the name is set to in the panel if you used the "read panel" function, or manually specified when zones were entered into the zone definition.)

Offline Aaron

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2014, 10:18:32 am »
You must change the name of a zone device in the zone definitions. This is the "Zones" tab on the panel device. To change a zone definition, re-enter the existing data into the input boxes on the "add" line....

ie: existing zone 9 is:
09   1   Zone# 9   1234567   1   Motion
and you want to change the name to "Hall Motion", you would enter:
09   1   Hall Motion   1234567   1   Motion
then click on Add, and the zone definition will be updated. When you then save the data and the LUUP engine restarts, the name on the zone device will be changed.

If you just change the name directly in the zone device, it will be reverted back to the "default" name that is contained in the zone definition. (Not really a default... it's what the name is set to in the panel if you used the "read panel" function, or manually specified when zones were entered into the zone definition.)

Thank you for the explanation... it is confusing. Maybe in a future version you might be able to add a 'Change' button so we don't need to reenter all devices (I have 30)?

Offline fcol

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2014, 08:03:54 pm »
I just wanted to report that I just upgraded to plugin v3.32 and all seems good.  My logs are capturing the DetailedArmMode again and I am able to access the alarm functions via my mobile app (Homewave).  Thanks a lot, cybrmage!

One warning: I tried to update this morning using http://VERAIP:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=6436 and my Vera started to endlessly reboot (requiring a factory reset).  Fortunately, I had made a backup beforehand and was able to restore.  After the restore, I tried the force-update command again and the plugin updated with no issue.  I will attribute the botched upgrade to user error somehow.

Offline Pseudomizer

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2014, 03:23:52 am »
Auto Upgrade to 3.25 occured, status of Vera at the top said "EVL-3 Connection down" which looked like an old status as I had the browser open the whole day. I clicked on reload and the plugin was working as it is supposed to.

I also changed my old non-alpha keypad to the 6160 keypad today, after changing the new default address of the keypad it powered up properly. Then I went in there and named the zones using the zone name descriptor codes.

Then I went into the plugin, deleted all the sensors and reentered them with the new names I just had assigned to them via the keypad (I have to agree with Aaron that a rename would be nice to have not having to delete them all). Vera reload and everything works beautifully. The plugin even remembered to which room I had assigned each sensor and that I had made them sticky for the dashboard.

Thumbs up!
Vera 3, RFWC5AW, 2 x LFM-20, FS20Z, 3 x YRD220ZW619KWKD, 2 x FI9826W, FI9828P, 2 x NEST Gen2, EVL-3CG, 11 x BR30, 3 x A19 Hue, Media Srv, 18 x ZW4004, 8 x ZW3003, 12 x ZW2002, IP2IR Cache, 2 x DSC24, ZWN-SC7, 4 x PIR-ZWAVE2, DSB05-ZWUS, RS100-HC, ECO-TILT-US, Ribu1C, 3 x GE12721, 2 x Echo, ZW078-A

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2014, 09:03:26 am »
Then I went into the plugin, deleted all the sensors and reentered them with the new names I just had assigned to them via the keypad (I have to agree with Aaron that a rename would be nice to have not having to delete them all).

Since you programmed the zone names into the panel, then deleted the zones... you could have used the "read panel" function to import the zones (with names) from the panel.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2014, 10:50:41 am »
Then I went into the plugin, deleted all the sensors and reentered them with the new names I just had assigned to them via the keypad (I have to agree with Aaron that a rename would be nice to have not having to delete them all).

Since you programmed the zone names into the panel, then deleted the zones... you could have used the "read panel" function to import the zones (with names) from the panel.

I only used the 'read panel' function I have not entered anything manually. I see no way to edit the names on the existing line items? I bought a home with this system installed, I have not done any setup or modification. I suspect there are no "names" in the system. Even if there were, a user might want to name things differently then the installer did.

It looks like the plugin is checking the names of existing devices to sync them with something. I can change a name on a device in Vera and when LUA reloads I see the name I entered change back to the name the Plugin is using.

I hope you will consider adding on of both of these options...

Edit Name button in the plugin panel
or
Option for the plugin to not renaming devices that already exist (and were imported)

Offline burn1out

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2014, 05:39:54 pm »
Confirmed! The latest version released today makes my vera reboot constantly, and I can't change anything to fix it. I removed and re installed and still doesn't work.

Thanks for your work!!!

Offline CBland

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2014, 10:18:36 pm »
Thank you for resolving the issues with the force, chime mode, and mobile apps!!

However, as a couple of others have mentioned the update put my Vera into an endless reboot.  I have it backup now, but when installing the app it immediately returns to the constant reboot. The logs show errors indicating the device files are not being downloaded during the install.

Looking at it some more there appears to be an extra "/" in the path to the lua file.

02      11/06/14 22:10:29.531   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml <0x2baa2000>
02      11/06/14 22:10:29.531   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml <0x2baa2000>
01      11/06/14 22:10:34.844   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::CreateLuaInterfaces can't load plugin /etc/cmh-lu//L_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.lua <0x2baa2000>
01      11/06/14 22:10:34.844   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::CreateLuaInterfaces can't load plugin /etc/cmh-lu//L_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.lua <0x2baa2000>
03      11/06/14 22:10:34.966   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::Run ready 12 devices installation 30011543 missing D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml version *1.5.622*  allow_evt: 1 allow_ud: 1 upnp 1 netpnp: 1 reprovision: 0 tz:18000 tnow:1415329834 dst: 0 gmt:-18000 tz:EST / EDT changed: 0 pMem 0x843000 start 7389184 diff: 1273856 <0x2baa2000>

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:21:08 pm by CBland »

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2014, 01:33:57 pm »
02      11/06/14 22:10:29.531   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::FetchMissingFiles need to download D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml <0x2baa2000>
02      11/06/14 22:10:29.531   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::m_sMissingFile_set D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml <0x2baa2000>
03      11/06/14 22:10:34.966   JobHandler_LuaUPnP::Run ready 12 devices installation 30011543 missing D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml version *1.5.622*  allow_evt: 1 allow_ud: 1 upnp 1 netpnp: 1 reprovision: 0 tz:18000 tnow:1415329834 dst: 0 gmt:-18000 tz:EST / EDT changed: 0 pMem 0x843000 start 7389184 diff: 1273856 <0x2baa2000>

These are all errors generated by the LuaUPnP engine... It can't download the plugin from apps.mios.com... It was having issues yesterday...

Offline CBland

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 09:29:33 pm »
Apparently, there is still an issue with the ability to install the plugin.  It's never able to download the files. Could they be posted here for the current version so they can be manually uploaded?

Every time I've tried to re-install the app the Vera LuaUPnP engine continues to crash and reload.  There were no issues until the auto-update occurred. I've factory reset and started over several times the last day and a half. Just tried again about 2 hrs ago and it's still in the constant reload cycle.

Thanks!

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2014, 10:05:56 pm »
It's never able to download the files. Could they be posted here for the current version so they can be manually uploaded?

Latest version is attached to the first post...