We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3  (Read 184818 times)

Offline withay

Re: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2015, 05:49:59 pm »
I'm new!  I mean, REALLY new, got my Vera Edge yesterday.  My Vera is properly installed and I have a dashboard.  I have not yet connected my few lights and locks to it!  I wanted to do my alarm system (Ademco Vista 15P) first.  I have the EnvisaLink 3 connected, and am able to "see" the Envisalink by its IP, and on Envisalink's website.

I installed the Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3 Plugin, did the install, and it all connected.

When I click the "read panel" button, I get a message up top that says:  EVL3VistaAlarmPanel: Panel Busy

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I know my password, installer code, and IP are correct.

UPDATED:

I spent the day installing a light dimmer switch (victory!) and a pricey ceiling fan control wall switch (victory!) and two Schlage motorized touchpad locks (Victory, and Victory after two tries!).

Now I noticed that there's a new message in blue up top:  EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Connection Down.

I went to the IP address and it seems to be working fine, I got my alarm panel status and even when two of my zones (doors) were last activated.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in.  I got:

EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Configuration Failed: No zones defined.

So I went to the plugin and clicked the button: "Read Panel" and got this message:

EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Attempting to get zone data...

And then after a few minutes we're back to:  EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Connection Down

I tried clicking the "Read Panel" button again and get: EVL3VistaAlarmPanel: PANEL BUSY.  which goes away when I scroll or go back to dashboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:25:14 pm by withay »

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2015, 09:00:18 pm »
I have constant problems with this plugin 'disconnecting'. The Vera status window (top of web page) shows... "EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Connection down."

v3.37 was just approved... This version should solve that issue... It appears that the EVL3 is occasionally sending some funky data that was causing the LuaUPnP process to error out and abort the plugin. I have made some quick changes that should prevent the error from occuring.

Note to all: Since mid November I have been dealing with several major issue at work, a new job (with the same company) and a long distance change of domicile. This has left me with very little spare time, only occasional and very brief internet access, and no access to a functioning Vera system to do any development. This will continue until I am settled into the new home and job, and I can install all my toys. The plugin has not been abandoned.

Offline daerimin

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2015, 07:05:59 pm »
Greetings all,

Is anyone else noticing that the plugin doesn't seem to recognize fully when the panel is armed in "Away" mode?  The virtual buttons on device in the UI (partition 1) change between Disarmed, Stay, and Night-Stay - but Away buttons never seems to highlight, even though the Status: readout above the buttons DOES show "Away."

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

I did test this and my Vera shows Away mode correctly

Greetings,

I am still experiencing this problem.  I've even tried to go through the code but I don't know enough about this language to be effective.  I'm using a Vista 15P alarm with an EVL3 with 01.11.136A firmware.  I've removed the app and reinstalled, rebooted, etc - everything I can think of.  Would it help if I supplied debug log data?  I can't get any events to trigger because the system never recognizes "Away" mode.  The other modes work, but not this one.

Thanks so much in advance!

Offline Pseudomizer

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2015, 07:12:38 pm »
There was a posting some time ago that you have to open one contact e.g. door when you arm the system otherwise the system always goes into "stay" mode. Without triggering the door contact the system will never switch to "away mode". You might want to search this forum for that thread.
Vera 3, RFWC5AW, 2 x LFM-20, FS20Z, 3 x YRD220ZW619KWKD, 2 x FI9826W, FI9828P, 2 x NEST Gen2, EVL-3CG, 11 x BR30, 3 x A19 Hue, Media Srv, 18 x ZW4004, 8 x ZW3003, 12 x ZW2002, IP2IR Cache, 2 x DSC24, ZWN-SC7, 4 x PIR-ZWAVE2, DSB05-ZWUS, RS100-HC, ECO-TILT-US, Ribu1C, 3 x GE12721, 2 x Echo, ZW078-A

Offline daerimin

« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2015, 01:07:25 am »
There was a posting some time ago that you have to open one contact e.g. door when you arm the system otherwise the system always goes into "stay" mode. Without triggering the door contact the system will never switch to "away mode". You might want to search this forum for that thread.

Thank you for your reply - although I'm not sure this is my issue.  This never was a problem before some upgrades made back in Oct or Nov of 2014.  Let me clarify the issue a bit - just in case:

I'm using UI7 of my Vera 3 - when I go to Devices, I see the Panel, and the Partition, just like I'm supposed to.  Without clicking into the detail screen of the partition, I see the following in the device's box:
------------------------------------
EVL3 Partition 1
[Away][Stay][Night-Stay][Disarm]
------------------------------------

I can click any of the 4 button and the alarm will respond by arming or disarming correctly.  The text label [whatever] will change to show the correct mode.  The problem is that the "Away" button never highlights (the others all do), and also no events are triggered on Away - therefore I cannot create any scenes that run when the alarm arms "Away."  I know the alarm is in the proper mode, because all the physical panels show it, the voice announces it properly, and the status changes in the plugin's display - just don't seem to have the event firing.

The attachment shows both Disarmed and Armed Away - you can see the difference.

Thanks for any assistance!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:13:06 am by daerimin »

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2015, 09:33:15 pm »
I can click any of the 4 button and the alarm will respond by arming or disarming correctly.  The text label [whatever] will change to show the correct mode.  The problem is that the "Away" button never highlights (the others all do), and also no events are triggered on Away

Yes, I revamped the mode processing code back in early November...

My VeraLite running UI5 highlights the status correctly, but I don't (yet) use scenes with the alarm panel so I can't speak to that... and I don't recall any issues when I tested the events or when testing under UI7....

Is your alarm panel in "chime" mode?? I did have issue with alarm panels in "chime" mode with the panel programming code, so there could be an issue with status processing when in "chime" mode... Or it could be an issue with the json for the device under UI7...

That being said... Once I get my system(s) set up again (they are in a box, in storage, waiting for a moving truck), I'll work on the issue...

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2015, 10:08:51 pm »
When I click the "read panel" button, I get a message up top that says:  EVL3VistaAlarmPanel: Panel Busy

The "PANEL BUSY" message means that you have tried to initiate a panel programming task while a previous programming task is still running.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in.  I got:

EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Configuration Failed: No zones defined.

So I went to the plugin and clicked the button: "Read Panel" and got this message:

EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Attempting to get zone data...

And then after a few minutes we're back to:  EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Connection Down

I tried clicking the "Read Panel" button again and get: EVL3VistaAlarmPanel: PANEL BUSY.  which goes away when I scroll or go back to dashboard.

The "no zones defined" is normal... the plugin started, and the zones are not defined... so far, so good...
The "Attempting to get zone data" is the plugin starting the panel read process... Does your panel chime three times??? If yes, all is good... If no, there is a problem...

The "connection down" may or may not be a problem... During programming, the connection monitor is bypassed... the "connection down" message may be a previously scheduled connection check that starts running before the programming flag is set... or it may be a bug...

The "panel busy" means a previous programming task is still running... with indicated that this is not the same panel disconnect issue that others have experienced...

More information is needed to track down this issue. If you can set debug mode on and provide the log output, that would help.

Offline pigmax

« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2015, 12:52:40 am »
I am a newbie and am trying to hook up a EnvisaLink 3 with a Vera Edge. 

Prior to trying to get the Vera Edge interface to work, I got the EnvisaLink 3 working with the eyezon web site.  I can connect to my Ademco alarm system, and arm and disarm it booth from the webserver in the EnvisaLink 3, and from the eyezon mobile access page.

I am now trying to get the EnvisaLink 3 to work with Vera Edge.  I installed the "Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3" app.  It sees the proper IP address for the EVL3.  I have set the correct "installer code", and have set the interface password to "user" which is the default password of the EVL3.

When I press the "read panel" button, the alarm panel does not beep or go into installers mode.  I get a blue banner saying it is attempting to get zone information and then a panel in a unknown mode message.    I have tried several times and I also get a panel busy message.  I have tried and tried and it just won't read the panel.

I SSH into the Vera and ran a "tail -f LuaUPnP.log" to see if I could see what sort of error message was happening, but the output is cryptic and I can't see anything obvious.  I have attached the output of the log file in a txt file.

I would sure appropriate some help in getting this working. ???

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2015, 04:56:00 am »
When I press the "read panel" button, the alarm panel does not beep or go into installers mode.  I get a blue banner saying it is attempting to get zone information and then a panel in a unknown mode message.    I have tried several times and I also get a panel busy message.  I have tried and tried and it just won't read the panel.

The reason it will not read the panel, and throws the "panel in UNKNOWN mode" message is due to:

Code: [Select]
50      01/15/15 22:21:10.351   luup_log:3: (EVL3VistaAlarmPanel::incoming) Unhandled data [%00,01,1C28,08,00,*** HILTON **** CHIME,Rdy to Arm$]

which indicated that your panel is programmed with a custom display message, or your panel was manufactured for a specific customer with a custom ROM...

The plugin is designed to work with standard panels... and standard panels display (some variation of) "DISARMED"...

Unfortunately, you will either have to reset (erase) the custom message or wait for me to figure out an easy way to handle custom messages. You could try to manually program the zones, but the custom message may prevent the plugin from properly recognizing what arm state the panel is in.

Offline withay

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2015, 11:28:47 am »
Things are working!  Here's what I did:

Deleted app
Installed app
entered "Interface Password" clicked "Set" button
entered "Installer Code" clicked "Set" button
clicked "Detect" button for IP Address
detected ok.
Clicked read panel
Several messages up top, worked ok, Panel time (incorrect) appeared next to "Sync Time" button.
"Backing up" message appeared up top.
"Backup Success" message appeared up top then went away.
Assigned to room: Basement, "Save Changes" Success
Clicked "Sync Time" button, correct day/time/date appeared.

And the alarm shows up in Devices!!

For the next part, please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place - as it may not have anything to do with the plugin/app.

Now, my devices seem...  not what I expected.
When I first moved into the house (last April) I had: Front Door sensor, Living Room Motion sensor, Basement door Sensor, Basement Motion Sensor, Back Hall Motion Sensor.  No instructions, no connection to an alarm company, no codes, just the panel and my curious brain.

I found a manual online, and helpful forums, and got the installer code and made my master code and PIN codes to control it.  I was then able to arm/disarm, and successfully set it off by accident with the front door twice!

A few months ago I removed the wires (bypassed with resistors) in the box from the Living Room Motion sensor, and the Back Hall Motion Sensor, as I didn't want to use them.

From my keypads by the front door and upstairs, I am able to arm/disarm.

My Vera dashboard shows:
Zone #04 - picture of motion sensor
Zone #03 - picture of motion sensor
Zone #02 - picture of motion sensor
Zone #01 - picture of door sensor

They all have "bypassed" with the slide button greyed out.  When I clicked one of the slide buttons to see what would happen (don't judge!) I got a message up top: "Can't remove zone bypass for a single zone.  Perform a partition disarm to remove all zone bypasses."

When I click "Away" to arm in Vera, I get a message:  "Cannot arm/disarm without PIN code."

I found where to add my PIN, did so.

Clicked "Away" and heard the beeps and my panel armed, and all 4 zones show "armed" in red.

I clicked "Disarm" and heard the beep and "disarm" is green...  but all 4 zones still are red and say "Armed".

So, let me TL;DR for my questions:
Why does Vera show 3 motion detectors for zones 1,2,3, and a door/window for 4, when it should show (as far as I know) 2 doors and 1 motion detector?
How DO I find out what I have?
Does a red "Armed" simply mean that the zone is not bypassed?
How do I get a zone back after clicking "bypass" and having it work and that zone disappeared?  (again, don't judge, I'm clicky!)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:52:56 pm by withay »

Offline pigmax

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2015, 04:52:24 pm »
Thanks for the find about the custom message in the 1st line of the display.  I reset the partition 1 description in partition descriptor 11.  Now the panel displays "DISARMED CHIME" on the first row, and "Ready to Arm" on the second row.

So now I go to read the panel and it still won't work.  I captured a log and have attached it. It still shows an unhandled data error 50.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2015, 08:35:42 pm »
A few months ago I removed the wires (bypassed with resistors) in the box from the Living Room Motion sensor, and the Back Hall Motion Sensor, as I didn't want to use them.

Removing just the wires is not enough... You need to delete the zone from the panel as well (otherwise you will get devices in Vera to control the disconnected zones)... enter programming mode. enter *56 (zone programming), go to the zone for the sensor(s) you removed, and enter 0 (zero) for the zone type - the panel will ask if you want to delete the zone, enter 1 for yes. repeat for other removed zones.

Why does Vera show 3 motion detectors for zones 1,2,3, and a door/window for 4, when it should show (as far as I know) 2 doors and 1 motion detector?

Because the plugin does a "best guess" of the sensor type based on the zone label from the panel and sometimes it makes a bad choice (i've spoken to it about the pitfalls of making bad choices in life, but it just won't listen).

You can go to the panel device setup page, go to the zone tab and change the sensor type for the zones affected to the correct type of sensor installed for the zone.

How DO I find out what I have?

By examining the panel and the sensors... trip a sensor and look at the panel for the report of which zone was faulted... you then know that the sonsor type that you just tripped is for the zone that just faulted.

Does a red "Armed" simply mean that the zone is not bypassed?

Yes, the red "Armed" means that the sensor is active and is not bypassed... An Armed, or active, sensor can trigger an alarm on your panel if the partition the sensor is in is armed. A disarmed, or bypassed, sensor will not trigger an alarm on the panel if the partition that the sensor is in is armed.

How do I get a zone back after clicking "bypass" and having it work and that zone disappeared? 

You rearm a zone by disarming the partition that the sensor is configured to.

(again, don't judge, I'm clicky!)

STOP CLICKING ON S***!!!! 8-}

So now I go to read the panel and it still won't work.  I captured a log and have attached it. It still shows an unhandled data error 50.

The unhandled data is normal behaviour (The "50" at the begining of the line is the log level, not an error number).

Basically, you do not yet have any zones defined in the plugin, so the plugin is idling... The incoming status information can not be processed, as there are no zones, so the data is logged as unhandled.

So... first... What model of panel do you have? second... what is displayed in the status box at the top of the screen?

Also, the log you attached does not show the plugin starting the "read panel" function, and without that I can't tell what is going on...

In the mean-time, since we did determine that you had a custom message defined rather than a custom panel... you have the option of defining your zones manually using the zones tab...

Offline pigmax

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2015, 01:27:31 am »
My system is a Vista 20p (ADT Safewatch 3000)

I am still trying to get the read panel function to work.  I got the following error in the log file.

01      01/16/15 23:12:47.105   LuaInterface::CallFunction_Timer-5 function discoverPanelConfig failed [string "--EVL3VistaAlarmPanel..."]:2568: attempt to index local 'pData' (a nil value) <0x767af520>

I have attached a log file if you need more information.

As always thanks for helping me get this working.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2015, 03:35:29 am »
01      01/16/15 23:12:47.105   LuaInterface::CallFunction_Timer-5 function discoverPanelConfig failed [string "--EVL3VistaAlarmPanel..."]:2568: attempt to index local 'pData' (a nil value) <0x767af520>

For some reason, your EVL3 does not have any data waiting for the plugin when it checks for keypad data... The plugin uses this data to determine what mode the panel is using (normal or chime mode)...

I've changed the routine that waits for this data.... upload the attached file to your Vera, and reload the LuaUPNP engine, and see what happens (I disavow any responsibility if the magic blue smoke escapes from your Vera 8-} )

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:00:49 pm by cybrmage »

Offline chicagodan

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2015, 10:13:27 pm »
Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting my EVL3 to my Vera (Honeywell Vista 20P).  Installed the EVL3, Eyezon app is working properly, installed the plugin in Vera.

When I type the EnvistaLink IP address into the IP (Forced) field, I receive an "error no implementation" (The IP address is the one assigned to EnvistaLink by the router from my DHCP Tables, correct?). It's also not able to detect the IP address (do the Vera and EnvistLink need to be next to each other; currently they are on opposite sides of the house).

Are there installation instructions and does anyone have additional thoughts for connecting the two?

Thanks.