We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3  (Read 184820 times)

Offline Tank

Re: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2015, 02:26:56 pm »
Hello. I'm new to veraedge/vista20p and this is my first post. I recently bought a house that came with a Vista 20P system and one 6150FR keypad. I managed to get the installer code (wiped *41,*42 and *96) and just received the EVL 3 module. When I tried to changed the installer code something strange happened. In my first attempt it did not changed the installer code to the one that I was trying to program to, instead it set it, I assume, to its default one 6321 (I'm in Canada). I was successful in my second attempt, but it seems that the panel is somewhat in an arming state because it also chimes when the PIRs are triggered. I can disable the chime by I cannot disarm for whatever reason. As I mentioned in the beginning, I'm new to security systems (this is my first one to deal with) and for sure I'm doing something wrong, but couldn't figure it out. What is intriguing me, is that the arming mode was set even though the panel is showing "Not Ready" message on zone 04 ( a double sliding door with the door contacts too far apart - my assumption - easy to fix I would say) since I moved in. Before I proceed with the plugin installation I want to fix the arming issue and if I should be concerned with the installer code incident. Also, do to the fact that my keypad is 6150RF, is it wise to proceed with the plugin installation. Your help is appreciated.
Aztihg

I've found the DIY security forum to be helpful for alarm specific questions.  This is a link to their Honeywell section: http://www.diysecurityforum.com/index.php?board=5.0

Offline aztihg

« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2015, 11:29:53 pm »
Thanks for the link joey52685. I asked for help in the site you provided, and hopefully I can fix my security system. Do to the fact that my keypad is 6150RF, is it wise to proceed with the plugin installation? Thanks
Aztihg

Offline benk016

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2015, 04:38:34 pm »
Is there any way to fix this problem?

(http://i.imgur.com/iU4cUaU.jpg)

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2015, 05:11:51 pm »

It looks like you browser hasn't picked up the new json files... did you refresh the browser? (F5 or CTRL-F5)

Offline daerimin

« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2015, 05:24:48 pm »
That did it!

Excellent!!! I will make the repairs to the translation tables as soon as I can...

It may seem trivial to some, but it's become a critical piece in my home security and automation system, which provides a great deal of peace-of-mind and convenience to me.

I'm glad my efforts have contributed, in a small way, to you and your family's piece of mind. 8-}

I'd like to show some genuine support - if there's a way I could send a donation, or buy a license, please shoot me that info so I can do so.

I'm sorry, but this plugin is NOT licensed for sale!! 8-}

Seriously, the offer is greatly appreciated, but is not in any way necessary... If you have the insatiable urge to make a donation, make it to a worthwhile charity - your local childrens hospital or food bank or some other organization that can make a genuine difference in your community.

Just an update, got new Firmware and a new version of your app, everything is working perfectly now.  Thank you very much for all your efforts!!

Offline benk016

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2015, 06:04:47 pm »

It looks like you browser hasn't picked up the new json files... did you refresh the browser? (F5 or CTRL-F5)

I've never had the icons work at all. I even did a full system reset the other day and started over and still don't get them. App updated to 3.38 and didn't fix anything either.

Offline benk016

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2015, 06:07:56 pm »
I just got the update to the newest UI7 and it fixed the icons for me. The version number still is over the clear info button though.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #142 on: February 06, 2015, 07:25:56 pm »
I recently bought a house that came with a Vista 20P system and one 6150FR keypad.

Congratulations on your new home.

My condolences for having inherited a headache... (a panel with an unknown configuration... and unknown sensor wiring.)

First off, with the 6150RF it is POSSIBLE to program, but it is VERY difficult unless you know the panel inside and out, as many programming field will not display correctly on the 6150 (or any other Fixed Aplpha) keypad. To programm the panel properly, you will need to acquire a 6160 (or any other Custom Alpha) keypad.

I managed to get the installer code (wiped *41,*42 and *96) and just received the EVL 3 module. When I tried to changed the installer code something strange happened. In my first attempt it did not changed the installer code to the one that I was trying to program to, instead it set it, I assume, to its default one 6321 (I'm in Canada).

The default installer code for a Vista 20P is (and always  has been) 4112. If your installer code is 6321, it is either a custom code , or the default installer code for a national alarm monitoring company...

You would have used the installer code to get into programming to wipe those fields... Those field are dialer configuration (*41 - primary phone number, *42 = secondary phone number, *96 = initialize download id)... You have disabled the panels ability to "phone home" to the previously configured central station monitoring... this is good. You will also want to erase fields *43, *44, *45, *46 and *94 and setting *95 to "0".

Since you have the installer code, do not worry about changing it.

it seems that the panel is somewhat in an arming state because it also chimes when the PIRs are triggered. I can disable the chime by I cannot disarm for whatever reason.

The panel can not be "somewhat" armed... It is either armed or disarmed. What is displayed  on the panel? The behavior you are describing could by the "chime by zone" feature... and is disabled by entering "0" in field *26.

Also, set field *39 to "0"... this will force the panel to power up in the disarmed state, regardless of previous status.

As I mentioned in the beginning, I'm new to security systems (this is my first one to deal with) and for sure I'm doing something wrong, but couldn't figure it out.

First thing to do is read the programming manual... http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v15pand20pprogrammingguide.pdf

What is intriguing me, is that the arming mode was set even though the panel is showing "Not Ready" message on zone 04 ( a double sliding door with the door contacts too far apart - my assumption - easy to fix I would say) since I moved in.

That sounds like zone 4 is programmed as an interior follower zone (as a quick fix for the defective door switch), and the panel will arm as long as all of the "perimeter" zones are not faulted.

Before I proceed with the plugin installation I want to fix the arming issue and if I should be concerned with the installer code incident.

Also, do to the fact that my keypad is 6150RF, is it wise to proceed with the plugin installation. Your help is appreciated.
Aztihg

As you only have a 6150, you will not be able to change the zone configuration of your panel (the *56 zone programming menu does not display properly), or the long range radio configuration (the *29 Long Range radio configuration menu does not display correctly)... So you will not be able to program the panel to work with the EVL3 properly unless you can follow the directions to the letter without making a mistake (because you won't get proper feedback on the keypad)...

Once you have the EVL3 configured, it operated as a custom alpha display... You could then use a telnet program to connect to the EVL3 TPI port and do the programming using the EVL3 (The EVL3 TPI interface shows the display data that would appear on a Custom Alpha keypad... it's a bit more difficult to read the one line display, but is possible)... to use the EVL3 for programming, you would need to use the 6150 to program a keypad slot for the EVL3 - Field *191 for keypad 17 - program with 1,0... , configure the keypad slot into the EVL3) and then telnet to the EVL3 ip address on port 4025... It will ask for a login - enter "user", the EVL3 default... then it should start displaying lines of data... the ones with text represent what is displayed on the 2-line LCD of a custom alpha keypad... You can then program by typing the commands, just as you would with a real keypad...

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #143 on: February 06, 2015, 07:31:20 pm »
I just got the update to the newest UI7 and it fixed the icons for me.

Good... I was beginning to get confused... as you say they are working, then not working, then work but disappearing....

The version number still is over the clear info button though.

I wouldnt't worry about it... the "clear info" button is going to disappear in the next version anyway... Most of the data sent to the info display is automatically cleared after 30 seconds, and the "clear info" will still be in the setup page if needed.

Offline aztihg

« Reply #144 on: February 06, 2015, 11:39:49 pm »
I recently bought a house that came with a Vista 20P system and one 6150FR keypad.

Congratulations on your new home.

My condolences for having inherited a headache... (a panel with an unknown configuration... and unknown sensor wiring.)

First off, with the 6150RF it is POSSIBLE to program, but it is VERY difficult unless you know the panel inside and out, as many programming field will not display correctly on the 6150 (or any other Fixed Aplpha) keypad. To programm the panel properly, you will need to acquire a 6160 (or any other Custom Alpha) keypad.

I managed to get the installer code (wiped *41,*42 and *96) and just received the EVL 3 module. When I tried to changed the installer code something strange happened. In my first attempt it did not changed the installer code to the one that I was trying to program to, instead it set it, I assume, to its default one 6321 (I'm in Canada).

The default installer code for a Vista 20P is (and always  has been) 4112. If your installer code is 6321, it is either a custom code , or the default installer code for a national alarm monitoring company...

You would have used the installer code to get into programming to wipe those fields... Those field are dialer configuration (*41 - primary phone number, *42 = secondary phone number, *96 = initialize download id)... You have disabled the panels ability to "phone home" to the previously configured central station monitoring... this is good. You will also want to erase fields *43, *44, *45, *46 and *94 and setting *95 to "0".

Since you have the installer code, do not worry about changing it.

it seems that the panel is somewhat in an arming state because it also chimes when the PIRs are triggered. I can disable the chime by I cannot disarm for whatever reason.

The panel can not be "somewhat" armed... It is either armed or disarmed. What is displayed  on the panel? The behavior you are describing could by the "chime by zone" feature... and is disabled by entering "0" in field *26.

Also, set field *39 to "0"... this will force the panel to power up in the disarmed state, regardless of previous status.

As I mentioned in the beginning, I'm new to security systems (this is my first one to deal with) and for sure I'm doing something wrong, but couldn't figure it out.

First thing to do is read the programming manual... http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v15pand20pprogrammingguide.pdf

What is intriguing me, is that the arming mode was set even though the panel is showing "Not Ready" message on zone 04 ( a double sliding door with the door contacts too far apart - my assumption - easy to fix I would say) since I moved in.

That sounds like zone 4 is programmed as an interior follower zone (as a quick fix for the defective door switch), and the panel will arm as long as all of the "perimeter" zones are not faulted.

Before I proceed with the plugin installation I want to fix the arming issue and if I should be concerned with the installer code incident.

Also, do to the fact that my keypad is 6150RF, is it wise to proceed with the plugin installation. Your help is appreciated.
Aztihg

As you only have a 6150, you will not be able to change the zone configuration of your panel (the *56 zone programming menu does not display properly), or the long range radio configuration (the *29 Long Range radio configuration menu does not display correctly)... So you will not be able to program the panel to work with the EVL3 properly unless you can follow the directions to the letter without making a mistake (because you won't get proper feedback on the keypad)...

Once you have the EVL3 configured, it operated as a custom alpha display... You could then use a telnet program to connect to the EVL3 TPI port and do the programming using the EVL3 (The EVL3 TPI interface shows the display data that would appear on a Custom Alpha keypad... it's a bit more difficult to read the one line display, but is possible)... to use the EVL3 for programming, you would need to use the 6150 to program a keypad slot for the EVL3 - Field *191 for keypad 17 - program with 1,0... , configure the keypad slot into the EVL3) and then telnet to the EVL3 ip address on port 4025... It will ask for a login - enter "user", the EVL3 default... then it should start displaying lines of data... the ones with text represent what is displayed on the 2-line LCD of a custom alpha keypad... You can then program by typing the commands, just as you would with a real keypad...

Thanks a lot cybrmage. You were right, the system wasn't "somewhat" armed but field 26 disabled. I'm reading through the manual everyday day and make progress in understanding it. However, with the 6150 is  a little harder to debug. Please excuse my ignorance but how can I program zone 4 as a interior follower instead of perimeter? and secondly is the  the "EyezOn" app considered a telnet program?

I managed to install the EVL3 tonight and can see the system but is in "not ready" state. I have one wireless door sensor and as a result I checked the shadowing feature for the EVL3. Is that right?

Thanks again
aztihg 

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2015, 12:13:39 am »
Please excuse my ignorance but how can I program zone 4 as a interior follower instead of perimeter?

With a 6150 keypad... you can't easily program the zones... The keypad does not display the menus you need to navigate through the process... You can do it "blind"... IF you know the exact keypresses to enter... I will not provide that information, as I am not in the immediate vicinity of my test bench to verify the EXACT key sequences you need...

And you don't want the zone to be an interior follower... I suggested that it is currently programmed as an interior follower, as that is the only way that it will show as faulted and still allow the panel to be armed... You want it to be a perimeter or an entry/exit zone so that it will trigger an entry delay when opened and trigger an alarm if the entry delay expires.

and secondly is the  the "EyezOn" app considered a telnet program?

EyezOn app??? what EzezOn app?? there isn't an EyezOn app... There is a web interface, and a mobile interface, and a local browser interface... None of these interfaces will allow you to program the panel in any way, shape or form.

There is a telnet program built-in to Windows 7 that can be used to program the panel more easily (as it will display the menus)... but you need to have your EVL3 connected and the panel properly programmed in order to use the TPI interface...

I managed to install the EVL3 tonight and can see the system but is in "not ready" state. I have one wireless door sensor and as a result I checked the shadowing feature for the EVL3. Is that right?

No... That is NOT correct... The shadowing feature is not dependant on the type of sensors you have... It is dependant on the Long Range Radio (if any) that you have installed... It should only be enabled if you already have a GSM communicator installed on your panel.

so....

1) Did you create an Eyez-On account?
2) Did you correctly register your EVL3 into your Eyez-on account as an "Envisalink 3 Honeywell"?
3) Did you program your panel for the EVL3 as per the detailed instructions provided by Eyez-on? here -> https://www.eyez-on.com/EZMAIN/evl3honeywell.php
4) Did the EVL3 conplete downloading the Honeywell firmware from the Eyez-on site?

The EVL3 is shipped with the DSC firmware installed... When you create the account, and register the device as "Envisalink 3 Honeywell", the EVL3 will then automatically download the honeywell compatible firmware....
Once the firmware has downloaded, then the EVL3 can be configured using the local browser interface, and will then connect to the panel as a keypad *IF* the panel is properly programmed.... follow the instructions in the linked guide...

Offline aztihg

« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2015, 01:08:10 am »
The shadowing feature is not dependant on the type of sensors you have... It is dependant on the Long Range Radio (if any) that you have installed... It should only be enabled if you already have a GSM communicator installed on your panel.

There are no extra modules installed beside the main board and EVL3 module. I considered 6150RF as being a RRF receiver when checked the shadowing feature during the EVL3 installation. Is that a wrong assumption?

There is a telnet program built-in to Windows 7 that can be used to program the panel more easily (as it will display the menus)... but you need to have your EVL3 connected and the panel properly programmed in order to use the TPI interface...

Thanks , I'll check it.

1) Did you create an Eyez-On account?
2) Did you correctly register your EVL3 into your Eyez-on account as an "Envisalink 3 Honeywell"?
3) Did you program your panel for the EVL3 as per the detailed instructions provided by Eyez-on? here -> https://www.eyez-on.com/EZMAIN/evl3honeywell.php
4) Did the EVL3 conplete downloading the Honeywell firmware from the Eyez-on site?

1) Yes
2) It is shown as Honeywell subsystem on the local web
3) I would say yes. The only thing that I noticed is the local web is refreshing every couple of minutes or so. Is that normal?
4) I would say yes, due to the fact that when connected both locally or through the Eyez-on I can see everything as described on the Eyez-on webpage. Is there a way to check that?

Offline sasaba

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2015, 01:10:05 am »
Just tried out the "Delay" button and get an "error: no implementation". Is it actually not implemented yet or am I having a problem? Thanks for the effort to implement this feature.

Offline Tank

« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2015, 08:11:10 am »

FYI the 6160 has been replaced by the 6162, it's a much nicer looking keypad.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2015, 12:09:46 pm »
cybrmage et Al,
I've been using this plugin for a while.. really awesome, helps a TON!

A few thoughts, comments & usage questions -- would like the user community input if you'd be so kind :)

a) Set Labels did not work for me?
Both with 'red' labels an without (all labels followed proper "rules")
I tried a few times and it never set the labels in the EyezOn web site. Is this what other have seen? I finally just st teh labels in the EyezOn site manually but wanted to see if I unstand the function properly?

b) Anyway to get more than 4 buttons on the Device?
I'd like to add Chime & Instant & Maximum
MultiSwitch app has 8 buttons on the Device itself so I suspect it can be done.

c) I have not yet integrated the door & motion sensors into my Vera DIY self-monitored alarm. Any gotchas to consider when I start to move that direction?

d) My EVL3 loses connection with Vera almost daily. It is connects with Wifi N bridge. The EVL3 is always accessible via browser but somereason the Vera, or this app, thinks it is not there. Often, the only fix is rebooting the Vera.
... Anyone else having this issue?
... Is there a way to get a Notification when the app sees the connection is lost?  This way maybe we can trigger an auto-reboot?

thx!