We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3  (Read 184826 times)

Offline Theboob

Re: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3
« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2015, 01:07:12 am »
One final item that I should note. For some odd reason, it read one of my zone labels wrong. Instead of "BASEMENT NORTH" for zone 10, it used the label from zone 20 "FRONT DOOR". Not sure what happened there.

Offline Theboob

« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2015, 02:35:53 pm »
Am I the only one here or what :(

Offline mscott0418

« Reply #227 on: May 18, 2015, 12:01:37 am »
my vera can't find my evl3 I can ping everything but it. i also tried to run nc and got this message nc: can't connect to remote host (192.168.1.7): No route to host
i can connect from my android.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #228 on: May 18, 2015, 01:15:09 pm »
Here is a bugfix update (v3.38b26) that corrects an incorrect file included with the last two releases (v3.38b23 and v3.38b23 for UI7) and fixes the additional state determination functions during programming functions...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:22:33 pm by cybrmage »

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #229 on: May 18, 2015, 01:42:07 pm »
Does anyone know if the EVL-3 works properly with a 2 partition system? I would like to set my basement windows up on a separate partition which is always armed, so I thought this would be a good way to do it.

If these zones are to be ALWAYS armed... a better way is to change the zone type to "24Hr Burglary"... If tripped, it will trigger an alarm regardless of the partition armed state.

Quote from: Theboob link=topic=27602
It seems to be failing .....

I made SOME progress......

Holy moly.....In L_EVL_3VistaAlarmPanel.lua.....

One final item.....

but I'm no expert.
And you haven't read the previous discussion (in this thread) on the "read panel" function, nor the WARNING in the first post... Which explain the reason that the function will not proceed if the panel is giving data that it does not specifically recognize...

The IsPanelInTrouble function did have a bug in it... but it is only triggered after it is determined that the panel is in an unknown mode... The changes you made circumvent this safeguard and you are lucky that your panel programming was not corrupted!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:43:48 pm by cybrmage »

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #230 on: May 18, 2015, 02:01:38 pm »
my vera can't find my evl3 I can ping everything but it. i also tried to run nc and got this message nc: can't connect to remote host (192.168.1.7): No route to host

This is a problem with your network or your EVL3... If the Vera can't connect to the EVL3, then something is not right... possibly...
1) Your EVL3 is not connected to the same network as the Vera.
2) Your Vera is connected to your router via wireless and your router has client isolation enabled.
3) Your EVL3 is connected to your router via a wireless bridge and your router has client isolation enabled.
4) Your EVL3 has not been correctly configured for use with a Vista panel.
5) Your EVL3 has taken a firmware upgrade that did not succeed.
6) Your EVL3 is defective.

For item #1, make sure the EVL3 is on the same network as the Vera.
For Item #2 or #3, reconfigure your network so that both the EVL3 and the Vera are connected via wires OR try to disable client isolation on your router.
For item #4, make sure you follow the instructions for creating an EYEZ-ON account, adding your EVL3 to your account and configuring the EVL3 for use with a Vista panel... The EVL3 ships with the DSC firmware and will not work with a Vista panel until it is properly configured with an EYEZ-ON account.
for item #5, contact EYEZ-ON support... They will do some troubleshooting and can (usually) force the EVL3 to take another firmware upgrade.
For item #6, contact your seller to get a warranty replacement.

Also, make sure you can access the EVL3 from a PC on the network by bringing up the EVL3 local interface in a browser... If you can't bring up the interface (even if the EVL3 still has the DSC firmware), you most likely have a defective unit.

Offline Theboob

« Reply #231 on: May 18, 2015, 03:37:41 pm »
Does anyone know if the EVL-3 works properly with a 2 partition system? I would like to set my basement windows up on a separate partition which is always armed, so I thought this would be a good way to do it.

If these zones are to be ALWAYS armed... a better way is to change the zone type to "24Hr Burglary"... If tripped, it will trigger an alarm regardless of the partition armed state.

Quote from: Theboob link=topic=27602
It seems to be failing .....

I made SOME progress......

Holy moly.....In L_EVL_3VistaAlarmPanel.lua.....

One final item.....

but I'm no expert.
And you haven't read the previous discussion (in this thread) on the "read panel" function, nor the WARNING in the first post... Which explain the reason that the function will not proceed if the panel is giving data that it does not specifically recognize...

The IsPanelInTrouble function did have a bug in it... but it is only triggered after it is determined that the panel is in an unknown mode... The changes you made circumvent this safeguard and you are lucky that your panel programming was not corrupted!!
I still would suggest that you change your string compare to allow users to display the partition number on their keypads. ie. Simply look for "Disarmed".

Offline Theboob

« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2015, 03:42:55 pm »
Hey cybrmage. What support from EVL-3 do we need to get Relay support like the AD2USB has (so we can get zone status updates while the panel is armed)? I think it just needs to support being a virtual 4204 relay board, right?

Offline mscott0418

« Reply #233 on: May 21, 2015, 03:12:59 pm »
Still Error: No implementation when trying to set the ip and the detect feature fails with detectModule failed: evl3 module not found
Evl3 not found at forced/autodiscovered ip address if I enter IP under variables > ForcedIP
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:20:03 pm by mscott0418 »

Offline mscott0418

« Reply #234 on: May 21, 2015, 03:30:07 pm »

This is a problem with your network or your EVL3... If the Vera can't connect to the EVL3, then something is not right... possibly...
2) Your Vera is connected to your router via wireless and your router has client isolation enabled.
3) Your EVL3 is connected to your router via a wireless bridge and your router has client isolation enabled.

For Item #2 or #3, reconfigure your network so that both the EVL3 and the Vera are connected via wires OR try to disable client isolation on your router.
For item #4, make sure you follow the instructions for creating an EYEZ-ON account, adding your EVL3 to your account and configuring the EVL3 for use with a Vista panel... The EVL3 ships with the DSC firmware and will not work with a Vista panel until it is properly configured with an EYEZ-ON account.
for item #5, contact EYEZ-ON support... They will do some troubleshooting and can (usually) force the EVL3 to take another firmware upgrade.

Also, make sure you can access the EVL3 from a PC on the network by bringing up the EVL3 local interface in a browser... If you can't bring up the interface (even if the EVL3 still has the DSC firmware), you most likely have a defective unit.

The vera and the evl3 is setup on the same network on the wire. They are connect side by side on the same router.
client isolation is not enabled and i can reach it from a computer, through the evl3 website and an android app called watch my home and it can arm and disarm my vista 20p panel.
I'm really scratching my head with what could be the issue but I dont know where to start. everything else can talk to the evl3 except this.  ???

Offline Theboob

« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2015, 03:42:08 pm »

The vera and the evl3 is setup on the same network on the wire. They are connect side by side on the same router.
client isolation is not enabled and i can reach it from a computer, through the evl3 website and an android app called watch my home and it can arm and disarm my vista 20p panel.
I'm really scratching my head with what could be the issue but I dont know where to start. everything else can talk to the evl3 except this.  ???
I'm not sure I can help, but what versions of things are you using? Vera (UI7?), EVL3, Plugin?
Also. When you say can't find it, what error are you getting?

Offline mscott0418

« Reply #236 on: May 21, 2015, 03:51:27 pm »

I'm not sure I can help, but what versions of things are you using? Vera (UI7?), EVL3, Plugin?

EVL3 Firmware Version: 01.11.140A
vera Firmware Version 1.7.583
Error: No implementation when trying to set the ip and the detect feature fails with detectModule failed: evl3 module not found
Evl3 not found at forced/autodiscovered ip address if I enter IP under variables > ForcedIP

Offline Theboob

« Reply #237 on: May 21, 2015, 04:28:07 pm »

Error: No implementation when trying to set the ip and the detect feature fails with detectModule failed: evl3 module not found
So far, those are the same I'm running. What version of the plugin are you running? It should say under Apps/My Apps/Ademco Vista...

I was getting this same error, so I think I can help.

Offline Theboob

« Reply #238 on: May 21, 2015, 04:43:58 pm »

So far, those are the same I'm running. What version of the plugin are you running? It should say under Apps/My Apps/Ademco Vista...

Here is my suggestion (this is what I did to get it going):
- Reset your EVL-3 password back to the original (if you've changed it). user/user
- Install the plugin files from this post: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27602.msg224713.html#msg224713 (ie EVL3Vista_3.38b23_UI7_1.7.1018.zip)
- To install those, unzip the files to a folder, goto Apps/Develop Apps/Luup Files. Then press Upload. Grab all the files from the folder you unzipped too and install them (multi select all of them at once).
- Let the Vera cycle the luup engine (orange light goes off for a bit).
- Try that.

One last thing. Is your panel displaying the Partition number on the keypad display? ie Is *198 set to 1?

Offline mscott0418

« Reply #239 on: May 21, 2015, 06:42:49 pm »

Here is my suggestion (this is what I did to get it going):
- Reset your EVL-3 password back to the original (if you've changed it). user/user
- Install the plugin files from this post: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,27602.msg224713.html#msg224713 (ie EVL3Vista_3.38b23_UI7_1.7.1018.zip)
- To install those, unzip the files to a folder, goto Apps/Develop Apps/Luup Files. Then press Upload. Grab all the files from the folder you unzipped too and install them (multi select all of them at once).
- Let the Vera cycle the luup engine (orange light goes off for a bit).
- Try that.

One last thing. Is your panel displaying the Partition number on the keypad display? ie Is *198 set to 1?

keypad says ready
EVL3Vista_3.38b23_UI7_1.7.1018.zip allows me to enter the IP address without the No implementation error but it still doesn't detect it. I get the error:
EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Startup FAILED: EVL3 not found at Forced/Autodiscoved IP Address.
pressing the detect button gives me
EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : detectModule FAILED: EVL3 module not found

i can reach it through ip, the eyezon website, and the android app. I don't get what i could be doing wrong.
params setting
name: EVL3VistaAlarmPanel
device_type: urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:EVL3VistaAlarmPanel:1
device_file: D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml
impl_file: I_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.xml
device_json: D_EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1.json

does any of this look wrong