We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3  (Read 184816 times)

Offline Theboob

Re: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3
« Reply #390 on: August 18, 2015, 07:30:31 pm »
Make that 3.  I updated from 1.7.599 to the latest 1.7.649 and I'm getting alerts every time I walk by a motion sensor or trigger any sensor.

Bizarre. It was working flawless until I updated.

Hey Cyber. Any ideas what the Vera team have done?

Offline Theboob

« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2015, 09:53:54 pm »
Question. I did a backup prior to upgrading to the latest firmware. Now I want to go back to the 1.7.599 release I backed up. Here is what I tried:
- Restored to factory defaults (that still left the latest firmware though).
- Went under the backup tab and restored my backup file (to 1.7.599).
- Went under the firmware tab and it STILL says I'm running the latest of 1.7.649.

So fed up with this piece of I will not swear. Anyone know how I can get back to my old firmware so I don't get notifications every time I walk by a motion sensor????

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #392 on: August 18, 2015, 10:12:05 pm »
I also started getting text/email alerts on every status change in the system.
I'm getting alerts every time I walk by a motion sensor or trigger any sensor.
I upgraded the Vera's firmware to 1.7.649 a few days ago. Prior to that everything was working properly- I was getting alerts via text and email

The notifications are generated by the Vera House Modes functionality, not by the plugin... Whenever you upgrade the firmware, the House Modes revert to the default values (the values are not currently saved in the backup file either)... The default is to send notifications... Go into the "My Modes" tab from the dashboard and scroll down to "Notifications" and turn them off.

- Restored to factory defaults (that still left the latest firmware though).
- Went under the backup tab and restored my backup file (to 1.7.599).
- Went under the firmware tab and it STILL says I'm running the latest of 1.7.649.

The backup file does NOT store the firmware installed on the Vera. To downgrade, you must install the firmware then restore your backup... The firmware links can be found HERE
Reverting to old firmware will NOT resolve the issue... see above...

Now today its telling me the connection to the EVL3 is down completely.

Still no ESP programmed into the plugin... Is the plugin updated to the latest version? You need to post logs for me to troubleshoot the issue.

Offline robertgabrielson

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #393 on: August 18, 2015, 10:41:26 pm »
I was having a similar issue. Make sure that the sensors are disabled in the modes section if your running mios7 for the home mode. Otherwise you will get notifications.

Offline Theboob

« Reply #394 on: August 19, 2015, 12:33:18 am »
Thanks guys, I'll give it a try. I've updated lots of other times and haven't had to do this.

By the way, I do use notifications for a few scenes, I hope this won't turn them off too right? For example, I have a scene that notifies me when the garage door is left up for > 5 minutes.

Also, during the restore, all my devices were lost. Any way to get them back? Or do I manually have to go around and delete/add them? Bummer. The restore thing sort of sucks.

Offline Theboob

« Reply #395 on: August 19, 2015, 12:49:57 am »
I did the restore again, but CLICKED the "restore zwave network. The devices seem to be coming back. Again (sigh), it appears that during a restore, the CHECK BOX is selected by default (sort of greyed out but CHECKED). So I assumed it would restore it. However, this time I CLICKED it and it seemed to restore it.

Man I'm in a pissy mood about this thing tonight. Why is everything that should be so obvious and simple, not.

Offline Theboob

« Reply #396 on: August 19, 2015, 12:52:55 am »
Hi there guys. Would it seem normal for the following messages during a restore?
- Backup : Please wait! Restoring 5000 of 16383
- ZWave : Restoring Z-Wave dongle. Wait up to 2 hours

I hope it doesn't think I have 16,000 zwave devices???? If so, something, she's not right!

Offline Theboob

« Reply #397 on: August 19, 2015, 01:21:38 am »
Weird. After it fully finished the zwave network restore, the devices mostly all disappeared. Oh well, I guess I'll go add them all back in manually and adjust all the scenes. What a drag. I might just delete them all and reset the zwave network and start over. But I'll sleep on it.

Offline Theboob

« Reply #398 on: August 19, 2015, 02:18:40 pm »
Latest vera release is definitely screwed. I have mine in "HOME" mode which is configured to disarm all of my sensors. However, if you go onto the "Devices" page, it shows all the sensors "Armed".

If you goto the Dashboard it says it's in HOME mode. But if you actually click on the HOME button and then go back to the Devices page, now the sensors are all disabled.

****** Actually. I figured it out. ******
Read on Cybr.  Here is the issue:
- Press HOME mode to disarm all Honeywell sensors.
- Go put alarm into STAY mode using keypad (or whatever).
- Goto devices tab and note that the sensor devices from the Honeywell are all now "ARMED"
- Go back to the Honeywell keypad and turn off the alarm
- Goto the devices tab again. Note how they are all "ARMED" still. Since the alarm is OFF and we are in HOME mode, they should have probably went to "DISARMED".

That seems to be the "problem"? I don't think it was like that before, but not sure. All I can say is that I've updated my firmware every couple of months and I've never had any issues like this. 

So not sure if this is a plugin issue or Vera. Either way, it's messed up. I'll try reverting to the old firmware to see what happens. Might as well, my system is pooched any way.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #399 on: August 19, 2015, 02:47:29 pm »
Latest vera release is definitely screwed. I have mine in "HOME" mode which is configured to disarm all of my sensors. However, if you go onto the "Devices" page, it shows all the sensors "Armed".

The "House modes" feature (in the Vera firmware) is badly implemented... This was discussed several weeks ago... see HERE

If you feel that the ARM/DISARM display on the vera UI is backwards, use the new "invert bypass" option in the plugin...

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:51:55 pm by cybrmage »

Offline Theboob

« Reply #400 on: August 19, 2015, 02:53:43 pm »
Well I went back to the 599 firmware and it seems to act the same (sensors go to enabled when alarm disabled).

I guess I'll just disable the notifications. I thought I had them enabled before, but I guess not. It must have enabled them on the upgrade from 599 to the latest. 

Offline Theboob

« Reply #401 on: August 19, 2015, 03:31:51 pm »
I guess 599 is different. Even though the sensors go to "ENABLED" when the alarm system is turned off (and notifications are turned on for HOME mode), NO notifications are generated (alarm off, sensors enabled, notifications on) when the sensors are tripped.

So something definitely did change. Anyhow. I'll move on.

Thanks for your support guys.

Offline benk016

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #402 on: August 19, 2015, 10:11:35 pm »
Yes, I'm seeing this same behavior. My home mode has everything but the smoke detector disarmed, but all devices go to armed.

Offline James92TSi

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #403 on: September 08, 2015, 04:20:07 pm »
Quick question, which I've tried searching for and couldn't find anything.

Is it possible to execute a lua code action that would virtually press a keypad function key A/B/C/D via this plugin and the EVL3?

My panel is a Vista 20P and I am running 4.00dev39 of this plugin.  Here are my function keys:

A = Fire zone
B = 24hr Audible burg zone (Police panic)
C = Left garage door (2sec relay output, NO contacts on 4229 relay 1 wired into garage door button)
D = Right garage door (same as above with relay 2 on the 4229)

Now, I have the ability to control the garage doors in Vera via the momentary output relay devices created by this plugin, BUT this creates a bunch of dinging at the keypad (4 dings on open plus 3 ding chime; 4 dings on close).  If I use the keypad function keys (or virtual keypad function keys in this plugin) I get 1 ding for key actuation and 3 ding chime when the zone opens.  1 ding key actuation to close the door.  Less dinging = good....

Also, having the output relay devices mapped in vera causes 4 keypad dings (2 per output) whenever luup reloads... so if I am modifying my vera config, the keypad is dinging away sometimes to the annoyance of others in the house. 

If I could use lua code to press the function key C/D when desired via scene, that would (I believe) reduce the excess dinging and raise the approval factor of my projects... ;)

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #404 on: September 09, 2015, 04:11:11 am »
Is it possible to execute a lua code action that would virtually press a keypad function key A/B/C/D via this plugin and the EVL3?

First, set the configuration for the outputs to disabled in the EVL3Vista panel device. This will stop the keypad chimes.

The you have two options...

1) In a Scene... Go to advanced configuration and add an action for your partition device using the RequestLetteredKeyPress action... Enter A or B or C or D into the "Key" field, and your pin into the "PINCode" field.

2) Lua Code:
Code: [Select]
local Panel_Device_ID = 1234    -- replace 1234 with the device number for you EVL3Vista Panel device
local Action_Parameters = {
  ["Key"] = "D",   -- can be "A", "B", "C" or "D"
  ["PINCode"] = "1234",    -- Enter a valid alarm panel user code
}
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1","RequestLetteredKeyPress",Action_Parameters,Panel_Device_ID)

** NOTE: modified to correct the code sample **
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:52:15 pm by cybrmage »