We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3  (Read 184825 times)

Offline cybrmage

Re: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3
« Reply #480 on: October 20, 2015, 05:17:42 pm »
A bug slipped into the 4.0 release.... It is fixed... (new archive in first post... updated to App Marketplace and pending approval)

For convenience, the fixed lua file is attached...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:30:03 pm by cybrmage »

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #481 on: October 20, 2015, 05:45:49 pm »
So I'm seeing "ATTACHMENT SUPERCEDED".

Because I try to remove all versions that have bugs, so that I don't have to deal with squashed bugs (as much) due to people installing outdated files. The latest stable version is always available from the first post.. The latest development/experimental release is also linked from the first page.

Is there any way to get rid of, or hide, the first "EVL3 Vista Panel" that shows?  The "EVL3 Vista Partition" is what controls my alarm panel, that first EVL3 Vista Panel" doesn't do anything and I'd rather not see it.
Sure... You can delete the panel device... That will also delete the partition device and all the sensor devices... So your dashboard will be nice and neat.

Seriously... The Panel device IS the plugin... It does ALL the work...

You could hide it (set it to invisible under advanced)... BUT, you will then not be able to make any changes to the plugin configuration!! SO... DON'T DO IT!!!
(Fair Warning: The first person to post a "Help, i've hidden my panel device and now I can't change any options" message WILL be mocked mercilessly!!)

If seeing the panel device really bugs you, place it into a room and colapse the panel for that room.

Offline withay

« Reply #482 on: October 20, 2015, 06:21:15 pm »
For convenience, the fixed lua file is attached...

Thanks!  That did the trick.

LOL and I won't hide it - I promise!  :)

Thanks for all your work and support on this.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #483 on: October 27, 2015, 10:51:44 am »
The latest version of the plugin (version 4.0.1) is now (finally) available in the App Marketplace.

Offline eyeSpy

« Reply #484 on: October 27, 2015, 08:56:18 pm »
Inadvertently got upgraded to 4.0 today. Plugin died painful death. Have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, downgrading, etc. No joy.

I'm back at the point of a reinstall, it says READY for a while and then it goes to CONNECTION DOWN. I have not even read the panel yet this time. Panel reading generally fails (never completes).

Any tips would be appreciated.

EDIT: After downgrading to 3.39, without reading panel, still get CONNECTION DOWN after about three minutes. The EVL3 still shows active TPI session, but the panel plugin does not get out of CONNECTION DOWN until I reload the engine.

EDIT #2: Restored Vera from two day old backup (v3.39). Everything was fine on 3.39. Tried the "Installation: Fresh Upgrade from a previous version" instructions, and failed again with CONNECTION DOWN. Restored Vera from backup again. Sticking with the v3.39 unless we can figure this one out.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:48:58 pm by eyeSpy »

Offline taema

« Reply #485 on: October 29, 2015, 12:09:47 pm »
Same exact thing is happening to me. Everything was working perfectly before upgrade that must have happened automatically. Tried doubling the connection timeout from the default 180 to 360 but then it just goes to "connection down" after 6 minutes instead of 3. If I reload, it says "Ready" again for another few minutes and then dies. I'm pretty certain there are no network issues because the EVL3 is showing a TPI session from the Vera. No earlier backup, though, so I'm just stuck for now.

Inadvertently got upgraded to 4.0 today. Plugin died painful death. Have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, downgrading, etc. No joy.

I'm back at the point of a reinstall, it says READY for a while and then it goes to CONNECTION DOWN. I have not even read the panel yet this time. Panel reading generally fails (never completes).

Any tips would be appreciated.

EDIT: After downgrading to 3.39, without reading panel, still get CONNECTION DOWN after about three minutes. The EVL3 still shows active TPI session, but the panel plugin does not get out of CONNECTION DOWN until I reload the engine.

EDIT #2: Restored Vera from two day old backup (v3.39). Everything was fine on 3.39. Tried the "Installation: Fresh Upgrade from a previous version" instructions, and failed again with CONNECTION DOWN. Restored Vera from backup again. Sticking with the v3.39 unless we can figure this one out.

Offline JuanInsite

« Reply #486 on: October 30, 2015, 05:57:37 pm »
Hi!

I get my EvisaLink 3 few days ago and i?m trying to pair with my vera 3 running on Ui7. I configured the Evisalink 3 with an static IP and changed the interface password. Then, i installed the app on my Vera and did all the configuration but it does not allow me to read the panel. The error that appear says: "Startup FAILED: EVL3 found is using DSC firmware." any one knows what?s the error about? i?ll appreciate

Thank you

Offline mydon

« Reply #487 on: October 31, 2015, 12:58:41 pm »
Novice here...on Vera Edge firmware 1.7.906.  Does anyone know how to prevent this app from updating automatically?   Every time I uncheck the auto update checkbox...if I change screens the box is checked again.  Like the poster above...on 4.0 or 4.0.1 I get connection down errors and can't get this working again.   It's been working fine for the past 9 months and then auto updated to 4.0 and no longer works.    I'm restoring to a backup with the 3.39 version but within a couple hours it auto updates to 4.0.1.

Offline cybrmage

« Reply #488 on: October 31, 2015, 03:29:46 pm »
Plugin died painful death. Have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, downgrading, etc. No joy.

Logs appreciated... Logs with debug mode turned on would have made it easier... but any logs are better than nothing.

It appears that your zone definition is corrupt... (Zones 15,16,17,18,20,21,22,23,25,26 and 27 have in invalid sensor types)

I can only assume that this is due to:
1) The zone data was created in a very old version of the plugin that had a zone creation bug
OR
2) The zone sensor data was manually changed to 0 (zero) to purposely trick the plugin into not creating a zone device for those zones.

Either way, previous version of the plugin silently ignored these corrupt zone definitions... Recent versions have changes the zone data processing, and this is causing the plugin to crash...

Attached is a fix... (v4.00.2)

Offline eyeSpy

« Reply #489 on: October 31, 2015, 08:30:30 pm »

Thanks cm. That appears to have fixed the issue.

Offline mydon

« Reply #490 on: October 31, 2015, 10:52:31 pm »
4.00.2 fixed my issue as well.   Thanks so much. 

Offline taema

« Reply #491 on: November 03, 2015, 01:09:01 pm »
Worked for me as well. Thanks!

Plugin died painful death. Have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, downgrading, etc. No joy.

Logs appreciated... Logs with debug mode turned on would have made it easier... but any logs are better than nothing.

It appears that your zone definition is corrupt... (Zones 15,16,17,18,20,21,22,23,25,26 and 27 have in invalid sensor types)

I can only assume that this is due to:
1) The zone data was created in a very old version of the plugin that had a zone creation bug
OR
2) The zone sensor data was manually changed to 0 (zero) to purposely trick the plugin into not creating a zone device for those zones.

Either way, previous version of the plugin silently ignored these corrupt zone definitions... Recent versions have changes the zone data processing, and this is causing the plugin to crash...

Offline zuczek

« Reply #492 on: November 03, 2015, 05:25:36 pm »
Im new to Vera. I've had EVL3 on my panel for about 8 months now and it works fine. Vera updated to newest software. I installed the EVL3Vista app and it shows software as follows: Version:4.00.2 EVLEVL3 FW:01.12.163A

I put the static IP address and left the username as default (same on the EVL3)

Under the Panel Tab, I've put the default Installer Code 4112 and Choose Vista 20P panel. When I click "Read Panel Config" it says "Attempting to get Zone Data" and Plugin Status changes to "Busy" but after a minute or so it says unable to get zone data...

Any suggestions?

How do I get the logs?

Offline john.berg

« Reply #493 on: November 13, 2015, 07:26:10 pm »
Getting the same thing with the same versions, I am using an EVL-4 though. Seems to die on loading zone data

Offline X50

« Reply #494 on: November 22, 2015, 10:12:31 pm »
I just started getting: "EVL3VistaAlarmPanel : Startup FAILED: EVL3 found is using DSC firmware."

The only change made was the latest firmware upgrade for the Vera. I have a second location with the same equipment that was also upgraded, but isn't showing any problems.