Author Topic: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3  (Read 109945 times)

Offline kelmor

Re: PLUGIN: Ademco Vista Alarm Panel with EVL3
« Reply #570 on: July 07, 2017, 11:59:46 am »
Hi! I have a honeywell 20p panel and EVL4 module connected to it.

I am trying to follow the "Installation: Fresh Install" guide. I get stuck at the step where I need to "enter the Installer password for Alarm Panel". In the "EVL3Vista" tab there is no such thing. In the "Panel" tab there is an installer code option. When I'm trying to set the code through it, I receive an error: "No code in the Installer Code input" in the blue bar on top of the page. In the "Codes" tab there is a way to change the code and I did it, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I'd be happy to get any help or advice. Thanks!

Offline kelmor

« Reply #571 on: July 07, 2017, 01:23:03 pm »
I found the place where you can enter the installer code:

EVL3 Vista Panel device

"Panel" tab => "Advanced" => "Variables" => "InstallerCode" is where you can enter the code for the panel.

After that all other steps without issue.

Offline undertoe

• GitHub for My Vera Plugins
« Reply #572 on: July 23, 2017, 02:25:18 pm »
If i wanted to toggle or turn off chime mode in the evening and turn it back on at a schedule time. what luup would i use?

tried
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1","ToggleChimeMode","", DeviceID )

Great Plugin BTW! Using with EVL4 Honeywell 20p and works fine.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 02:26:52 pm by undertoe »
Check out my vera plugins: Roomba Plugin, Roomba Thinking Cleaner Plugin, Blue Iris Cam Plugin

Offline recurry

« Reply #573 on: August 19, 2017, 09:05:02 pm »
Just in case it might help someone I thought I'd post a tip on installation and configuration. Among various small issues with the data entry pages which I solved by entering IP address and installer codes via the "Advanced" pages, I found it would error out on the "Read Panel Config" saying something about unrecognized status or trouble status. After looking at the code it was clear this was a result of my having a couple of zones bypassed. Removed the bypassed so I got a clean "Ready to arm" on the panel which solved the problem. In other words, the panel must be in a completely clean and ready state in order for the Read Panel Config code to work.

Hope that little tidbit streamlines things for someone else.

Cheers,
Ron

Offline jonstrasser

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #574 on: September 13, 2017, 11:07:02 pm »
Hi
I did a full install of my panel....then after the fact added a zone.    I've manually added the zone in the zone table under the EVL Vista Panel....but I don't see the new device showing up under devices.
Any suggestions?

Offline undertoe

• GitHub for My Vera Plugins
« Reply #575 on: September 17, 2017, 09:51:02 am »
Anyone have any insight on this luup code?

If i wanted to toggle or turn off chime mode in the evening and turn it back on at a schedule time. what luup would i use?

tried
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EVL3VistaAlarmPanel1","ToggleChimeMode","", DeviceID )

Great Plugin BTW! Using with EVL4 Honeywell 20p and works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out my vera plugins: Roomba Plugin, Roomba Thinking Cleaner Plugin, Blue Iris Cam Plugin