We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Major Regression With Thermostat in UI7, ways around it?  (Read 41897 times)

Offline TC1

Re: Major Regression With Thermostat in UI7, ways around it?
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2015, 07:39:06 am »
Umm... Open ticket?

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2015, 11:28:26 am »
What is the best way to raise this with MCV to get their attention? I had UI5 before and had cool and heat setpoints AS IS DISPLAYED ON MY THERMOSTAT THANK YOU MCV

This is annoying as hell!

Most apps (imperihome or homewave) all have double temps. Double temps are in the advanced menu just on the on the dashboard which I don't use daily.

Offline rwalker

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2015, 11:21:14 am »
I opened a ticket with Customer Care and they said to use Heat/Cool mode with single set-points - no Auto.  Can we get official word from MCV on this?  Need to go find another controller if I can't have dual set-points like before.

Thanks

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2015, 01:47:29 pm »
I opened a ticket with Customer Care and they said to use Heat/Cool mode with single set-points - no Auto.  Can we get official word from MCV on this?  Need to go find another controller if I can't have dual set-points like before.

Thanks

How are you tyring to use it? You using a scene or what? I have had ui7 for 6 month or so and can set dual temps or auto. for some time. Also dual temps are in the advanced menu, so they should work with scenes (I use PLEG, never tried stock scenes) and all the apps I use have dual temps.

Offline rwalker

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2015, 05:14:06 pm »
Never tried Imperihome... but you can't do that in the WebUI right?  Mine will let me choose Auto, but only provides 1 set-point making it useless.  What do you mean advanced menu?  I also don't see any option to set it in scenes.  I have Trane thermostats.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2015, 10:40:03 am »
Never tried Imperihome... but you can't do that in the WebUI right?  Mine will let me choose Auto, but only provides 1 set-point making it useless.  What do you mean advanced menu?  I also don't see any option to set it in scenes.  I have Trane thermostats.

These are also TRANE thermostats.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2015, 11:02:51 am »
How are you tyring to use it? You using a scene or what? I have had ui7 for 6 month or so and can set dual temps or auto. for some time. Also dual temps are in the advanced menu, so they should work with scenes (I use PLEG, never tried stock scenes) and all the apps I use have dual temps.

Do those actually work?  I'm having some serious isues getting HomeWave to handle certain thermostats to work properly in UI7.  For one, the API doesn't allow setting of separate setpoints anymore in UI7; you can only set the setpoint for the active mode.  I suppose you could set the desired setpoint by changing the thermostat mode, then changing the setpoint and reverting the mode back to its old value.

You can still retrieve all setpoints though.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline d55m14

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2015, 06:39:53 pm »

Do those actually work?  I'm having some serious isues getting HomeWave to handle certain thermostats to work properly in UI7.  For one, the API doesn't allow setting of separate setpoints anymore in UI7; you can only set the setpoint for the active mode.  I suppose you could set the desired setpoint by changing the thermostat mode, then changing the setpoint and reverting the mode back to its old value.

Hi intveltr

I noticed with the Danfoss thermostat that when I change the Setpoint with the Heat mode on from the UI7 interface it will change the CurrentSetPoint variable. Only after changing the mode to off and to Heat again the CurrentSetPoint Heat variable will change

Donato

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2015, 11:27:00 am »
After this latest firmware upgrade to Vera I'm now having major issues adjusting any temperature setpoints, but only in my Vera mobile apps. Under SimpleWave and VeraMate trying to change my temperature setpoint has no effect on my actual Radio Thermostat CT80's setpoint. Yet when I change the setpoint directly on the Vera UI or in the RadioThermostat mobile app the setpoint changes just fine.

Is opening a support ticket any kind of a solution to this issue? It worked fine under UI5 and I'm pretty sure even right when I first upgraded to UI7 before the latest firmware upgrade. I'm assuming this is an issue with Vera now since so many people are having tstat issues now.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2015, 06:54:35 pm »
After this latest firmware upgrade to Vera I'm now having major issues adjusting any temperature setpoints, but only in my Vera mobile apps. Under SimpleWave and VeraMate trying to change my temperature setpoint has no effect on my actual Radio Thermostat CT80's setpoint. Yet when I change the setpoint directly on the Vera UI or in the RadioThermostat mobile app the setpoint changes just fine.

Is opening a support ticket any kind of a solution to this issue? It worked fine under UI5 and I'm pretty sure even right when I first upgraded to UI7 before the latest firmware upgrade. I'm assuming this is an issue with Vera now since so many people are having tstat issues now.

Not sure how you see it as a vera issue. Sounds more like a simplewave or Veramate issue possibly after update. If the vera app works fine then vera and the T-sate are communicating fine. Something might have changed that simplewave and veramate might need to upgrade also. But you should check in those sections.

Offline xeinth

« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2015, 05:53:43 pm »

I just received a update from vera support that the issue of not being able to program temperature set points for non-active modes will be address in the next firmware.  My ticket was regarding the Trane t-stats so not sure if this was a general problem or just the tranes.

Brian

Offline alexlui

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2015, 12:37:45 am »
Hi,

I have Remotec ZXT-120 A/C IR extender which were working under UI5. However, since I upgraded to UI7, I still can control it but the thermostatic does not display any temperature at all (shows 0.0 ). Anyone know what went wrong?
Vera2 (UI5), Vera3 (UI5), Vera Edge, Vera Plus

Offline rtjonespe

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2015, 09:47:09 pm »
I posted a comment yesterday on Vera's Facebook page about this and got the following reply:

Hi Richard,

While the new generation thermostat management has been well received by most users we understand the desire for more granular controls from a small segment of our user base and will be restoring individual set points in the 7.0.12 software update. It is slated to be released the first week of October, so the fix is not far out.

Cheers,

Colin Burke McClure ▾ Sr. Director of Product Development

Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control
www.getvera.comcolin@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

So maybe this will be addressed in the coming months (but I think we have heard that before).

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2015, 06:32:09 pm »
I posted a comment yesterday on Vera's Facebook page about this and got the following reply:

Hi Richard,

While the new generation thermostat management has been well received by most users we understand the desire for more granular controls from a small segment of our user base and will be restoring individual set points in the 7.0.12 software update. It is slated to be released the first week of October, so the fix is not far out.

Cheers,

So maybe this will be addressed in the coming months (but I think we have heard that before).

"While the new generation thermostat management has been well received by most users"

Do you notice how even the first sentence starts out with a lie? The rest that follows........

All two of you that are complaining about the ui7 thermostat issue can you please keep it down your making to much noise for just being a "Small Segment".

;D

Offline JS007

« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2015, 04:51:18 am »

Hi Richard,

Cheers,

hoping we can poll the ct100 again too in Octobers release