We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Major Regression With Thermostat in UI7, ways around it?  (Read 41866 times)

Offline snovvman

Re: Major Regression With Thermostat in UI7, ways around it?
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2016, 12:35:51 pm »
It's interesting that we can get the UI5-like dual setpoint with ImperiHome and even AutHomation, but UI7 itself still insists on showing the single point.  I guess for now I'll use my phone if I want to change the setpoint while in Auto mode.  It's just silly...

Offline Scoutmedic

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2016, 07:53:12 pm »
It's interesting that we can get the UI5-like dual setpoint with ImperiHome and even AutHomation, but UI7 itself still insists on showing the single point.  I guess for now I'll use my phone if I want to change the setpoint while in Auto mode.  It's just silly...

I agree. I was looking at Imperihome, but, for me, I had to take it out of "auto changeover" to adjust the temperature. Just dragging the temperature around the wheel adjusted the heat set point. It didn't give me the option to set the cool set point.

Maybe it's just my lack of experience, which I will admit to without reservation.

Offline snovvman

« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2016, 08:02:27 pm »
I agree. I was looking at Imperihome, but, for me, I had to take it out of "auto changeover" to adjust the temperature. Just dragging the temperature around the wheel adjusted the heat set point. It didn't give me the option to set the cool set point.

Maybe it's just my lack of experience, which I will admit to without reservation.

For me, ImperiHome shows both set points and I am able to set heat or cool while in auto mode.

BTW, does anyone know if AltUI (Alternate UI) shows the proper thermostat controls?
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33309.0.html
http://www.domotique-info.fr/2015/04/altui-pour-vera-une-alternative-ui5-ou-ui7/

I'm currently on Vera Lite and I'm concerned that I won't have enough memory to reliably run AltUI.  When I upgrade to Vera Plus, I intend to give it a try.

Offline jschaffe

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2017, 11:22:00 am »
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Cool",
                   "SetCurrentSetpoint", {NewCurrentSetpoint = "85"},
                   5)

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSetpoint1_Heat",
                   "SetCurrentSetpoint", {NewCurrentSetpoint = "68"},
                   5)

I combined this with some earlier code posted in this thread and another thread, and posted my results here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,28943.msg311675.html#msg311675.

The bottom line is that I have combined heat/cool scenes that respect the thermostat's current mode and still do the right thing.