We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: RFXtrx plugin version beta 3 released  (Read 64077 times)

Offline famvis

Re: RFXtrx plugin version beta 3 released
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2015, 03:07:53 pm »
When I connect my RFX-E to my laptop  I can move my sun screen (with somfy CTS) up and down. Also the sun/wind detection on/off works fine.

But when I make a windowcovering1 in the vera -lite (ui5) nothing happen.
I use the : http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-79  to make the right settings.
What can be the problem?

I found the problem already!
You have to translate the ID from the RFXmanager (hex) into Decimal when making a new device in the vera plug-in.
f.e.  10001 in the RFX manager mus be 65537 when you make the device in the vera plugin.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 03:20:19 pm by famvis »

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2015, 01:54:42 am »
I'm looking to buy sun blinds with Somfy motors and sun/wind detection. Aynthing I need to think about what comes to RFXtrxE support?

I assume I have to buy the RTS module for the motor? Is there something I don't need to buy? Would be nice to save a buck or two and show thw wife how awsome the home automation setup is. ;)

Offline Turbine Terror

« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2015, 05:58:32 am »
Have installed beta3 hoped it would resolve issue with Somfy venetians configured in 'eu' mode "lift & tilt" not working? Seems the RTS Receivers need <.5 second pulse to work properly is there an alternative plugin to suit this configuration? The only part of the plugin that works is the 'Stop/My' button other buttons up/down only operate the blind for about 2 seconds then stop?

Can you offer a solution to this?

Many thanks
Turbine Terror

Offline nautic

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2015, 08:52:54 am »
Hello!

I have Nexa WTE-1 dimming button. I only receive 1 status when pushing "up" knob even if I press several times. Is it possible to get RFXtrx to register more than one push?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2015, 02:10:31 pm »
Have installed beta3 hoped it would resolve issue with Somfy venetians configured in 'eu' mode "lift & tilt" not working? Seems the RTS Receivers need <.5 second pulse to work properly is there an alternative plugin to suit this configuration? The only part of the plugin that works is the 'Stop/My' button other buttons up/down only operate the blind for about 2 seconds then stop?

Can you offer a solution to this?

Many thanks
Turbine Terror

Venitian mode was added in a recent RFXtrx firmware and is not yet implmented in my plugin.
Open and Ckise commands for Venitian (EU and US) could probably be added with a small effort. I add it to my TODO list but as this plugin is no more my priority, I cannot promise that I will implement the change.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 06:35:46 pm by lolodomo »

deejc

« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2015, 02:22:57 pm »
Hi
Maybe I missed a post but I am wondering why this plugin is no longer your focus ?
It is obviously used by a lot of people and I suspect many wonder this ?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2015, 06:44:15 pm »
Hi
Maybe I missed a post but I am wondering why this plugin is no longer your focus ?
It is obviously used by a lot of people and I suspect many wonder this ?

My free time devoted to software programming for HA could now be more and more focussed to the openHAB project.

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2015, 03:42:29 am »
Do you have any more info about the openHAB project? Sounds interesting.

Offline nautic

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2015, 05:00:28 am »
Hello!

I have Nexa WTE-1 dimming button. I only receive 1 status when pushing "up" knob even if I press several times. Is it possible to get RFXtrx to register more than one push?

No one?

deejc

« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2015, 12:12:48 pm »
My free time devoted to software programming for HA could now be more and more focussed to the openHAB project.

And this is the problem with the vera and HA in general, the plugin nature allows external programmers to make plugins that get used by lots of people but there is absolutely no security for the end user if a programmer decides to jump ship.

Offline MarkAgain

« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2015, 01:27:11 am »
Thanks for the plugin!  Works perfect and was easy to set up!
I have a question if you don't mind.  I am using an Oregon Scientific rain gauge.  It displaces the amount of rain in mm/hr.  How could I get the rain amount to display in inches/hr.

Thank you, Mark

Offline martinbrash

« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2015, 06:36:38 pm »
Hi,

Trying to get the RFXtrxE working with the Vera Edge and Somfy Blinds. After contacting support they sorted the "known" USB problem.

The up/down/open/close commands only move the blinds a very small distance. When connected to the laptops there are additional commands such as "up/down (transmit <0.5 seconds)" and these make the blinds open/close properly.

Will these commands be available in the plug-in at some point soon or is there a work-around (manually shortening the pulse) please? If not, I will return the units as I only purchased them for the Somfy blinds.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Offline martinbrash

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2015, 06:44:12 am »
The kind people at Vesternet modified the source code to get my blinds working. They modified the L_RFXtrx.lua file which I uploaded, restarted the device and voila!

I have attached a copy of the modified file.

Offline TwannieM

« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2015, 06:53:55 am »
What exactly changes with this file?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2015, 06:56:01 am »
Thanks for the plugin!  Works perfect and was easy to set up!
I have a question if you don't mind.  I am using an Oregon Scientific rain gauge.  It displaces the amount of rain in mm/hr.  How could I get the rain amount to display in inches/hr.

Thank you, Mark

This would require to implement a new unit option in the plugin, like for the temperature or the wind speed.