Author Topic: RFXtrx plugin version beta 3 released  (Read 57347 times)

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
Re: RFXtrx plugin version beta 3 released
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 04:55:58 pm »
What is the name in the market plave?
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline Freddan101

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 05:08:38 pm »
What is the name in the market plave?
It hasn't been published yet.

Offline mixedup

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 05:31:56 pm »
This sounds really good noting I can't find any Zwave/VeraLite pool/spa temperature sensors at the moment.  Can I ask a few questions:

a) One would choose the RFXtrx433E USB 433.92MHz unit to purchase to match the frequency of a WT0122 (temperature sensor) correct?

b) I can't see where to buy a RFXtrx433E USB 433.92MHz in Australia.  Any issues do you think if I order from overseas (Europe) and use in Australia? 

c) Is it OK to buy a USB extension board to put more than one USB device into the VeraLite?   i.e. I'd be adding RFXtrx433E as well as my CurrentCost connection (for solar generation / power usage monitoring)

d) Wondering if the WT0122 signal from the backyard will make it to where my VeraLite currently is, which is kind of in a room on the front side of the house (brick house), so effectively a couple of rooms to pass through.  Any options here besides having to relocate where my Veralite is? 

thanks

Offline Vera Plus user

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2014, 08:40:30 am »
I have pre-beta v69 installed on UI5. How can I install beta 3 and still keep my devicec?

Offline djassa1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2014, 08:55:21 am »
Hi Lolodomo

Installed beta3 on UI6, still the same issues concerning manual device creation or autocreate button which is not working. Also no way you can edit a device and drop down menu are all empty.

Except that, all devices, I have 15 of them, are working fine.

Thanks

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2014, 11:05:40 am »
Just clear your WEB browser cache and new devices should probably appear.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 11:07:06 am »
I have pre-beta v69 installed on UI5. How can I install beta 3 and still keep my devicec?

As usual, just upload the new files and reload.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2014, 11:14:34 am »
This sounds really good noting I can't find any Zwave/VeraLite pool/spa temperature sensors at the moment.  Can I ask a few questions:

a) One would choose the RFXtrx433E USB 433.92MHz unit to purchase to match the frequency of a WT0122 (temperature sensor) correct?

b) I can't see where to buy a RFXtrx433E USB 433.92MHz in Australia.  Any issues do you think if I order from overseas (Europe) and use in Australia? 

c) Is it OK to buy a USB extension board to put more than one USB device into the VeraLite?   i.e. I'd be adding RFXtrx433E as well as my CurrentCost connection (for solar generation / power usage monitoring)

d) Wondering if the WT0122 signal from the backyard will make it to where my VeraLite currently is, which is kind of in a room on the front side of the house (brick house), so effectively a couple of rooms to pass through.  Any options here besides having to relocate where my Veralite is? 

thanks

Yes wt0122 is compatible with RFXtrx433 and also my plugin. As RFXtrx is just an USB device, you can certainly buy it in Europe. You can use a hub if you have several USB devices to connect to the Vera but be careful to choose one compatible with the Vera.

Offline djassa1

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2014, 06:58:19 pm »
Just clear your WEB browser cache and new devices should probably appear.

Wow thanks, that did it  :)

Offline egman

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 10:08:49 pm »
OK, I need help...  Trying to use Rollertrol shades in a new setup running UI7.  Has anyone verified that they work with the Beta 3 load?  Followed all the instructions, and I can get devices to pop up with names like "RFX Window B0/005438/02", but none of the commands have any effect. 

Another clue is that under "Managed Devices", when I select that line, the only command listed under the command pulldown is "Confirm pair". 

Any idea?

Also, I've been having difficulty with the RFTrx Settings tab.  It's difficult to tell what's enabled, but I assume if they don't change to light green when you mouseover, they are already in that state.  Assuming that's the case, I have a hard time getting changes to stick.  If I save changes, they'll often revert back to what I had before.  Right now I'm running with just the Hasta/Rollertrol enabled.

Any help would be much appreciated, as these blinds are the main reason I bought the Veralite!

Offline nautic

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 02:51:31 pm »
Hello!
I have installed 1.7.439 and tag "beta3". I also have RFXtrx433E. My problem is the buttons Enable / Disable in "RFXtrx settings" from Devices / RFXtrx Controller Device. I can not see if the protocol is Enabled or if its Disabled. When I hoover over the buttons, the selected status are highlighted. It looks like I can change 5 of the protocols status, and then it is full stop. When I press Save RFXtrx I get no confirmation if the Write was successfull. I have not got the plugin to Automatic find my itmes. I have 4 WT450H temperature sensors that should be covered in "beta3".
Is this a bug, or have I missed something?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 08:59:26 am »
Hello!
I have installed 1.7.439 and tag "beta3". I also have RFXtrx433E. My problem is the buttons Enable / Disable in "RFXtrx settings" from Devices / RFXtrx Controller Device. I can not see if the protocol is Enabled or if its Disabled.

Try to refresh your WEB browser cache if you did not do it after
If not, that could a new bug introduced by Vera Control in version 1.7.439.

When I hoover over the buttons, the selected status are highlighted. It looks like I can change 5 of the protocols status, and then it is full stop. When I press Save RFXtrx I get no confirmation if the Write was successfull.

Yes, that is true, there is only a message logged, maybe (I don't remember) a message in the list of messages in the top center zone.

I have not got the plugin to Automatic find my itmes. I have 4 WT450H temperature sensors that should be covered in "beta3".
Is this a bug, or have I missed something?

That might be a consequence of your unexplained difficulty to setup receiving protocols.

Offline egman

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 10:01:40 am »
Yes, nautic described by issue #2 exactly.  Also running 1.7.439.  But even "flying blind" I believe Rollertrol was enabled, because it did recognize the command and create the device.  But no functionality.  And as I said above, in the Managed Devices, the only option in the pull-down is "Confirm Pair".

Am I stuck with trying to roll back to UI5?  I've already tried that and failed, presumably because of the "upgrade flag" thing on this new device.  Reading other threads, sounds like that requires a call to Vera... 

@lolodomo, any thoughts? 
Anyone else having any luck with Rollertrol on any version of UI7?

Thanks!

Offline mixedup

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 12:00:20 pm »
I'm on firmware version 1.6.641 with my VeraLite...will this plugin work OK for me on this version?   I'm not sure what UI version I am running when people talk about this, however in my URL to the advance interface it has "/cmh_ui6/"?

(I note on the plugin info tab it hasn't been modified since Feb 2012)

Update:  I just noted this was a "beta" thread - my question was actually just about installing the current version of the plugin via my VeraLite which says it's version 1.1 of the plugin, and whether this will work for me...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:02:01 pm by mixedup »

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 02:23:21 am »
Yes, nautic described by issue #2 exactly.  Also running 1.7.439.  But even "flying blind" I believe Rollertrol was enabled, because it did recognize the command and create the device.  But no functionality.  And as I said above, in the Managed Devices, the only option in the pull-down is "Confirm Pair".

Am I stuck with trying to roll back to UI5?  I've already tried that and failed, presumably because of the "upgrade flag" thing on this new device.  Reading other threads, sounds like that requires a call to Vera... 

@lolodomo, any thoughts? 
Anyone else having any luck with Rollertrol on any version of UI7?

Thanks!

Only "confirm pair" command for rollertrol in the managed devices is normal.