We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: RFXtrx plugin version beta 3 released  (Read 58809 times)

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
Re: RFXtrx plugin version beta 3 released
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 02:26:57 am »
I'm on firmware version 1.6.641 with my VeraLite...will this plugin work OK for me on this version?   I'm not sure what UI version I am running when people talk about this, however in my URL to the advance interface it has "/cmh_ui6/"?

(I note on the plugin info tab it hasn't been modified since Feb 2012)

Update:  I just noted this was a "beta" thread - my question was actually just about installing the current version of the plugin via my VeraLite which says it's version 1.1 of the plugin, and whether this will work for me...

You are running UI6.

I never released any 1.1 version of my plugin. The last version is tagged beta 3.

Offline hyzteric

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 02:40:05 am »
A little bit off topic but I have great fear in moving to UI7 is everything working fine on it already??
I tried UI6 once and it was a mess. :-/
What was/were the reasons you moved to UI7?
Thanks

PS: thanks for the great job btw!!

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 02:59:23 am »
@nautic: please check your logs at lua startup searching for RFCxtrx lines. You will see what are the protocols enabled.

Offline mixedup

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 03:29:37 am »
I never released any 1.1 version of my plugin. The last version is tagged beta 3.
oh...it's just when I go to add apps (http://10.0.0.135/cmh_ui6/)  I see version 1.1 in the version column for the RFXCOM Gateway plugin...is this the one? 

UPDATE: Oh I see I'm getting mixed up between the older thread associated with the market place version and this "beta 3" version that's not on the market place (I think).  Any advice in terms of which one I should be trying?  (i.e. noting I'm on UI6?)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:45:00 am by mixedup »

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 07:19:07 am »
oh...it's just when I go to add apps (http://10.0.0.135/cmh_ui6/)  I see version 1.1 in the version column for the RFXCOM Gateway plugin...is this the one? 

UPDATE: Oh I see I'm getting mixed up between the older thread associated with the market place version and this "beta 3" version that's not on the market place (I think).  Any advice in terms of which one I should be trying?  (i.e. noting I'm on UI6?)

You are just using another plugin than mine. Sorry I cannot help on the other plugin, and that is not the right place to discuss about the other plugin.

RFXCOM plugin is for the RFXlan product.
RFXtrx plugin is for the RFXtrx product.

First question: what product are you using ?

Offline mixedup

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 07:24:20 am »
Sorry. Confusing myself here. I've ordered  a RFXtrx433E USB 433.92MHz.

So its this/your plugin I should use lolodomo?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 07:28:26 am »
A little bit off topic but I have great fear in moving to UI7 is everything working fine on it already??
I tried UI6 once and it was a mess. :-/
What was/were the reasons you moved to UI7?
Thanks

PS: thanks for the great job btw!!

The plugin is working perfectly with UI7 1.7.388. I have not tested with 1.7.439.

More generally on UI7, you have to go through all the other sections of the forum to make your idea. Checking the changelog of version 1.7.437, it looks like a lot of bugs were fixed. Unfortunately it might remain few critical bugs (just an hypothesis as I have not tested myself version 1.7.439) that contrained me to downgrade to UI5.
The reason to upgrade to UI7 is that the user interface is better (personal point of view), few features were added (modes) and UI5 is the past while UI7 is the future for almost everybody.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 07:31:55 am »
Sorry. Confusing myself here. I've ordered  a RFXtrx433E USB 433.92MHz.

So its this/your plugin I should use lolodomo?

Absolutely. In this case, install the right plugin (version beta 3) and do the setup (serial port configuration in particular).
I have no precise feedback from users running UI6, but it should probably work.
I have myself only tested with UI5 (1.5.622) and UI7 (1.7.388).

Offline mixedup

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 07:37:57 am »
Actually I have the unit, but the sensors haven't arrived yet. Could I try it now?

Offline egman

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 07:40:27 pm »
Yes, nautic described by issue #2 exactly.  Also running 1.7.439.  But even "flying blind" I believe Rollertrol was enabled, because it did recognize the command and create the device.  But no functionality.  And as I said, in managed Devices, the only option in the pull-down is "Confirm Pair".

Am I stuck with trying to roll back to UI5?  I've already tried that and failed, presumably because of the "upgrade flag" thing on this new device.  Reading other threads, sounds like that requires a call to Vera... 

@lolodomo, any thoughts? 
Anyone else having any luck with Rollertrol on any version of UI7?

Thanks!

Only "confirm pair" command for rollertrol in the managed devices is normal.

So any thoughts on why I get no function after adding these devices?

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2014, 02:04:23 am »
Yes, nautic described by issue #2 exactly.  Also running 1.7.439.  But even "flying blind" I believe Rollertrol was enabled, because it did recognize the command and create the device.  But no functionality.  And as I said, in managed Devices, the only option in the pull-down is "Confirm Pair".

Am I stuck with trying to roll back to UI5?  I've already tried that and failed, presumably because of the "upgrade flag" thing on this new device.  Reading other threads, sounds like that requires a call to Vera... 

@lolodomo, any thoughts? 
Anyone else having any luck with Rollertrol on any version of UI7?

Thanks!

Only "confirm pair" command for rollertrol in the managed devices is normal.

So any thoughts on why I get no function after adding these devices?

I don't remember the exact process for rollertrol.. Do you have a remote control paired with your rollertrol ?
Search on the forum, there were discussions in the past about rollertrol.

Offline egman

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2014, 01:19:21 pm »
OK, I'm an idiot.  Think I figured it out.  Thinking I might have a faulty RFXtrx unit, I inspected it - and it says "RFXREC433".  They sent me the receiver only version...  Sending it back. 

Offline Trond

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2014, 11:20:18 am »
Where is the link to download this? ???

Offline n0ir

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2014, 11:30:28 am »
Is it possible to backup all created devices somehow? I'm going to buy a Vera Edge and will have to take the plunge from UI5 to UI7. I am a bit worried all my ~30 433MHz devices will vanish (like earlier when I have uinstalled the plugin).

Offline hyzteric

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 12:23:33 pm »
Is it possible to backup all created devices somehow? I'm going to buy a Vera Edge and will have to take the plunge from UI5 to UI7. I am a bit worried all my ~30 433MHz devices will vanish (like earlier when I have uinstalled the plugin).
I'm interested in that too. I'd like to try UI7 some day but don't want to reconfigure it all.
There is a backup button somewhere but it is not documented anymore, I don't want to mess with it (my wife would kill me... again :p)