We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: RFXtrx plugin version beta 3 released  (Read 60139 times)

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
Re: RFXtrx plugin version beta 3 released
« Reply #150 on: September 12, 2017, 01:11:31 am »
I'm stuck.

..edit unstuck.

edit 2: Thanks for the plugin, it's all installed and working perfectly on UI7  :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 02:57:39 am by zedrally »
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline dreynolds09

« Reply #151 on: October 12, 2017, 06:49:23 am »
Hi - I appreciate this is most likely the wrong thread, but hoping you might be able to help.

I am trying to add a new device for the RFXtrx433 - I fill out the information as
Category: RFY
Device Type: Window Covering
Device Name: Somfy blind
Id: 1
Unit Code: 1

I then click "create" and it comes up with a message in green "Vera will reload to validate changes..."

But it then just hangs - nothing happens.

Any advice on what I need to do please? Any guidance is appreciated.

Offline watsondesign

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2017, 08:58:29 am »
Hi - I appreciate this is most likely the wrong thread, but hoping you might be able to help.

I am trying to add a new device for the RFXtrx433 - I fill out the information as
Category: RFY
Device Type: Window Covering
Device Name: Somfy blind
Id: 1
Unit Code: 1

I then click "create" and it comes up with a message in green "Vera will reload to validate changes..."

But it then just hangs - nothing happens.

Any advice on what I need to do please? Any guidance is appreciated.

im having the same issue, any help would be great!

Offline dreynolds09

« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2017, 05:23:58 am »
Update - I logged a query with MiOS and they recommended a downgrade in the firmware. I have just downgraded from 1.7.3231 to 1.7.3014. Now I can at least create a new device to configure.

Next challenge is to connect it with the blinds!

Offline watsondesign

« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2017, 07:58:58 am »
Do you think you could share the custom url for the downgrade?

Offline dreynolds09

« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2017, 06:32:47 pm »
Sure - this is what they sent me:

I do not think downgrading the unit will affect your current setup. If you experience any issue we can upgrade it back. To do this, please go to Settings > Firmware > Advanced: URL for custom Vera firmware. Copy paste the following link and hit Download. Let me know how It goes.

http://dl.mios.com/rl/BETA/722/mt7620a_Luup_ui7-1.7.3014-en-mios.squashfs

Offline zedrally

« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2017, 06:59:17 pm »
We would all be better off by putting in Support Ticket so Vera can fix the bug they created.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Keithbrayuk

« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2017, 05:45:44 pm »
 I also have the same problem since the firmware upgrade I cannot add any more devices also the will not delete any devices in the device manager menu .

Trying to downgrade to previous firmware to see if it fixes the issue

Offline develdonk

« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2017, 04:51:29 am »
Im hoping that someone of this forum can help me since after 2 days of messing around im becoming litte desperate...

I have 2 vera's and working with the vera for 3 years now in combination with rfxcom. Nebver had any single problem (other than datmine filling up the storage but thats not the problem).

Now i tried to upgrade my vera device from veralite to vera edge. All went fine, all devices are transferred with exception of rfxcom app. I have (in the meantime) tried to install the app from mios like 5 times but are unable to get it to work with the device despite setting port, baud rate correct etc etc. Then i have downloaden alpha, beta, trunk 153 etc. walked the normal procedure of uploading files, restart luup, crate device and never a device is created on the vera edge (latest firmware for both edge as well as the rfxcom per today).

Hooking the rfxcom to my computer... works fine, connecting it with vera lite... works fine...

Maybe someone can post like the 5 steps togo through then ill give it some more shots... :)

description i used: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_rfxtrx/wiki/WikiStart#InstallationSetup
trunk i used: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_rfxtrx/browser/trunk#
firmware i used: http://www.rfxcom.com/epages/78165469.sf/nl_NL/?ObjectPath=/Shops/78165469/Categories/Downloads

1 thing is strange: in serial port configuration in menu develop apps of the vera i select the bottom line "used by device" i can see all the frx devices i made thus far but they dont show up on the devices menu...

Offline dreynolds09

« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2017, 04:55:25 am »
Did you try that link i posted to wind the firmware on Vera Edge back? Worked for me - once all the devices were created and setup, I re-installed the latest firmware version and it all works perfectly.

Offline develdonk

« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2017, 07:10:50 am »
Did you try that link i posted to wind the firmware on Vera Edge back? Worked for me - once all the devices were created and setup, I re-installed the latest firmware version and it all works perfectly.

yes i did. got the msg: Wrong firmware for current platform: Vera3Lite. Intended for mt7620a

Offline develdonk

« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2017, 09:01:40 am »
Ok this is very strange... so fed up with the gear that i erased both vera's. instead of downloading the last trunk i took the ?ld" files from my vera. logged onto the vera by means of winscp and put back the old files. Suddenly i can make the rfx controller device again and its workign (at leats receiving) still busy trying to create devices (not yet worked) but we are one step further. Conclusion: files on the internet are corrupt?

Offline fyford

« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2017, 08:39:03 am »
Hi,

I've been using v1 but have never been able to change device type as the dropdown is always empty. I upgraded to v3 beta with no issues hoping that might fix it, but no luck.

Let me know if any one has any ideas please?

Offline m13kern

« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2017, 10:54:21 pm »
As I am a total newbee, I would appreciate a few tips to get started. I have a bunch of blind motors that I want to integrate to Vera. They are Alphamotors (Australia) 433.92MHz.

How do you use the RFXmngr to snoop out the signals? is it possible? Any tips to get started are much appreciated. Cheers Markus

Offline zedrally

« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2017, 11:20:41 pm »
May or may not work. Best Guide available is from Vesternet.
http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/rfxcom
Should give you a start.