We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: RFXtrx plugin version beta 3 released  (Read 59984 times)

Offline SiobhanB

Re: RFXtrx plugin version beta 3 released
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2017, 06:50:29 am »
Hi - I appreciate this is most likely the wrong thread, but hoping you might be able to help.

I am trying to add a new device for the RFXtrx433 - I fill out the information as
Category: RFY
Device Type: Window Covering
Device Name: Somfy blind
Id: 1
Unit Code: 1

I then click "create" and it comes up with a message in green "Vera will reload to validate changes..."

But it then just hangs - nothing happens.

Any advice on what I need to do please? Any guidance is appreciated.

im having the same issue, any help would be great!

It looks like the Ajax call's returning a 404, does anyone know what this URL should be?
http://[localip]/port_49451/data_request?[querystring]

Offline Isablend

« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2017, 10:50:15 am »
Its to do with a change in the port that being used by the underlying firmware.   The issue is impacting a number of apps that need to be changed to get it working again.

I posted a note about what I'd done and it included updating the .js file for this app as well as others.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52447.0.html

Offline mujji82

« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2018, 10:06:48 pm »
Hi There,

Sorry I am new to vera and vera community, I am trying to work Rftrx with my vera plus, at the moment under vera plus devices Rftrx showing Beta 3 version, I am trying work my 17 Dooya curtain motors with the vera, so as per my understanding to communicate with through rftrx to my wall mount receiver dooya 228A I need a remote which is dooya DC2760, (I dont have now but I have ordered one)

But there is some confusion as you can see in attached photos my sunflower motor also has a 433 Mhz frequency and transceiver 228A also have the same frequency so please help with the following scenarios.
1. can I communicate through rftrx to my curtain motor directly ? if yes please explain
2. Can I communicate directly to DC228A ? if yes please explain
3. motor and wall mount controller supplier told me I can pair dooya DC2760 to my Wall controller DC228A which is connected to motor through hard wires, but after that pairing how can I pair the DC2760 remote to Rftrx (in the Rftrx user guide DC2760 is a tested remote controller with Rftrx).
4. Suppose I pair one DC2760 remote control with one motor then RFtrx learns from the remote DC2760 so would I able to pair my other 16 curtain by pairing one by one and creating individual devices with unique with different id and unit codes ? (photo attached)
5. I have the latest version Beta 3 on vera plus, so this beta 3 version is the firmware version of Rftrx or vera plus plugin version ? and do I need to update the Rftrx firmware version as well if yes please explain how ?

Thanks

Offline tinman

« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2018, 11:01:02 am »
I have never set up any blind controls but I think that you could use the remote to 'pair' with the blind motor control. If you don't plan on using the remote you could probably do the pairing using the RFXtrx through the Vera Hub. You would want to create a new device in the RFXtrx plugin interface. I suppose you could enter any ID and unit code since the motor control will learn any ID and unit code you choose. As you said, you should be able to pair as many window covering devices you want as long as you use a different ID and/or unit code for each new device you create.
I think the RFXtrx user guide lists the DC2700 as a tested device. I don't know what is different between the DC2700 and the DC2760. I was not able to find user manuals for either one on line so I don't know if they are multi-channel (multi unit code?) devices or not.
If you want to pair the DC2760 with the RFXtrx you can go to the plugin's Managed Devices page and turn on Auto Create. If the RFXtrx transceiver can decode the signal from the remote then pressing the remote buttons should cause a new device to be created. Be sure to have the BlindsT1 protocol enabled.
If your RFXtrx is working with your Vera hub I wouldn't change anything about the firmware or plugin version. If you can't get it to work, upgrading to the latest firmware and plugin might help.

Offline dreynolds09

« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2018, 09:31:47 pm »
I am still finding that I need to go back to an old version of the firmware to connect devices to the rfxtrx433e. Frustrating

Offline b_weijenberg

« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2018, 02:29:53 am »
The current RFXtrx433E firmware does not receive Dooya - BlindsT6 protocol remotes. The RFXtrx emulates Dooya remotes, see chapter 2 in the RFXtrx User Guide.
You can create a BlindsT6 device in the Vera using a random ID and pair this as additional remote to the motor, see also chapter 10 in the RFXtrx User Guide.

A new beta firmware for the RFXtrx433E can also receive the listed Dooya remotes. Send a request to rfxcom.com for this firmware.

Offline ledavidou

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2018, 06:27:24 am »
Hello everyone,

Veraplus UI7 + RFXTRX433e.

I can control my Somfy roller shutter perfectly but now, i would like to control my Chacon DI-O devices.
I allready enabled the RFXTRX "ARC", but devices are not discovered.

What am I missing ?

Thank you all

Offline b_weijenberg

« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2018, 05:06:18 am »
The latest Chacon product is using the "AC" protocol.

Offline ledavidou

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2018, 05:51:37 am »
Thanks for your reply but :

- AC protocole is already enabled
- I'm using "old" Chacon devices.

Offline Digi D

« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2018, 12:03:11 pm »
Hello

Please help me this is making me go bald I am try to add the rfx controller to the vera I managed to get it on there but when I try to add the somfy to it I get the same as the post below from siobhanB the rfx controller is saying version beta 3 on the device page
Category: RFY
Device Type: Window Covering
Device Name: Somfy blind
Id: 1
Unit Code: 1

I then click "create" and it comes up with a message in green "Vera will reload to validate changes..."

But it then just hangs - nothing happens.

Any advice on what I need to do please? Any guidance is appreciated.

Offline tinman

« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2018, 01:04:40 pm »
If you are not using the latest version of this plugin which is version 1.50 as reported on the RFXtrx Help tab then I suggest you download the Zip file in this post:
 http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,102560.0.html.
If you still have problem when using this new version then post them in the main RFXtrx section: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,45.0.html

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2018, 07:27:33 pm »
I found a lot of these problems came back to Vera FW versions.
I've refused to upgrade FW from VeraFW 1.7.3014
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:27:48 pm by zedrally »
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline tinman

« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2018, 10:25:15 pm »
Well, if you're satisfied with what you have I guess that's one approach that can be taken.

Offline madmaniac73

« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2018, 04:38:14 pm »
Hi, I'm running the latest (and greatest) version 1.50 of the plugin, using a RFXtrx433e unit with the new firmware type Pro 1. I noticed that a lot of protocols are now gone from the configuration page for the plugin, and also Firmware type says "unknown". I don't know if the to things are coorelated, but would it be possible to somehow add the protocols back?

Offline fyford

« Reply #179 on: September 22, 2018, 08:02:23 am »
I noticed there's new firmware from RFXcom