We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Control "My Modes" from a scene etc for other apps like ImperiHome?  (Read 7430 times)

Offline 416to305

Hey everyone,

I love how the Vera has modes built in like Home, Away etc, something the ISY missed and why I switched to Z-Wave.  I use ImperiHome though as I find the Vera app is really slow and laggy where ImperiHome works really well.

Is there any way to select a mode like away, home etc other than the Vera app?  Tried making a scene but I don't see "Set mode" as any type of action there.  Ideally looking to be able to set home or away from within ImperiHome.  Also if I can't set it from a scene, is there no way to do something like "If the front door changes to locked, then switch to Away mode?"  Thanks!

Offline PAO1908

Re: Control "My Modes" from a scene etc for other apps like ImperiHome?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 04:59:04 pm »
Sure this is possible. Just create for each mode a scene and use this luup codes:

Away:
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1', 'SetHouseMode', { Mode=2 }, 0)

Home:
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1', 'SetHouseMode', { Mode=1 }, 0)

Night:
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1', 'SetHouseMode', { Mode=3 }, 0)

Vacation:
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1', 'SetHouseMode', { Mode=4 }, 0)

Regards

Offline brettow

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 05:29:58 pm »
I'm guessing you are running the new UI however if this was in imperihome it would be great to use.

At the moment I'm using a mixture of scenes that works but isn't pretty.

Offline PAO1908

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 03:36:06 am »
I didn't understand if you are talking to me :)  but if yes : yes I'm using UI 7 and Imperihome, just added a shortcut to the scenes

Offline 416to305

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 09:15:55 am »
Thanks everyone, I actually got it working as well with a plug in, there's one called HomeModes or something like that, just search for Status.  It adds a device with 4 buttons, Home, Away, Vacation, Night then that way you can make a scene to turn each on similar to what you did above.  There's also a virtual switch plugin I used so that way if it's turned on, then away mode is on, and if it's off, home mode is on.  So far so good!

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 04:42:20 pm »
Thanks everyone, I actually got it working as well with a plug in, there's one called HomeModes or something like that, just search for Status.  It adds a device with 4 buttons, Home, Away, Vacation, Night then that way you can make a scene to turn each on similar to what you did above.  There's also a virtual switch plugin I used so that way if it's turned on, then away mode is on, and if it's off, home mode is on.  So far so good!

ImperiHome doesn't support multiswitch or many plugins. So in that app you will not find your Multiswitch even if its on the VERA and you can use it with other apps or the UI.

Offline RobotsFearMe

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 05:22:00 pm »
Maybe someone can help me with this. I was wanting to do this exact thing for use with Homewave.

Anyway, I go to Scenes > Add Scene
Trigger: Manual
Device actions: Nothing, just hitting Next Step
Then under "Also, execute the following Luup code:", I'm pasting this code in (for switching to Away Mode):
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1', 'SetHouseMode', { Mode=2 }, 0)
I give it a name and then save it.

However, when I manually run this scene, nothing is happening.  If I paste the luup code into the Test Luup Code section, it does work, so I feel like I'm just missing something within the scene creation.  Thanks in advance for any advice!

andreimios

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 03:36:18 am »
Hi all,

There is a plugin in appstore for this : House Modes plugin that can be used in scenes for both triggers and actions.

Best Regards,

- Andrei -

Offline RobotsFearMe

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 06:38:02 am »
There is a plugin in appstore for this : House Modes plugin that can be used in scenes for both triggers and actions.

For some reason, I thought the plugin was only the trigger part.  Thanks much, it's exactly what I needed!

Offline Grwebster

Glad to hear there is a plugin. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk