Author Topic: UI5 Firmware: 1.5.672  (Read 8892 times)

Offline Aaron

Re: UI5 Firmware: 1.5.672
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 06:16:11 pm »
I've been running .672 and it has been fine, no issues for me with anything.

Offline bb3454

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 10:14:50 am »
Does 1.5.672 work with a Vera2?

Offline helraiser

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 06:57:44 pm »
Still at 672 on Vera3. Been using the newer Zwave + products and they've all been solid. Okay, some functions are missing but I think that's a function of the chipset on the Vera3 and not the firmware version. I could be wrong tho. i'm waiting for Aeotec to release their garage stuff and then we'll see if I'm looking at a new controller or not.

Either way, very happy with 672.

Offline Big Moose

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 07:24:52 pm »

Is there a changelog for 1.5.672 ?

^^^ This - anyone know where I can find a changelog?

Offline Aaron

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2015, 03:40:15 pm »
Still at 672 on Vera3. Been using the newer Zwave + products and they've all been solid. Okay, some functions are missing but I think that's a function of the chipset on the Vera3 and not the firmware version. I could be wrong tho. i'm waiting for Aeotec to release their garage stuff and then we'll see if I'm looking at a new controller or not.

Either way, very happy with 672.

ditto... maybe we can hack future Veras to run UI5? ;-)

Offline dindsy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 05:54:54 pm »
Hi there,
I'm piggy backing on this thread to show I am trying to find the answers.

I just received a replacement Vera Lite after my initial one just stopped powering on. Small plug for good service, thanks to Zwave.com.au for not arguing when the device was 16 months old (4 months out of warranty).

I thought I would give UI7 a go an persevered for a day. the interface is so laggy and drops out and I have to reconnect and re-login or reboot my device so I have given up. I was on UI5 and I am going back. With any luck my backup configs will reappear but I am not hopeful since I have a new device ID. But I digress.

I am having trouble downgrading. I have used the link in this thread and it appears to go through software download but I can't reconnect with it.

I used to use cp.mios.com as my web interface. that link doesn't show me any new devices. but I saw another thread that said use cpui5.mios.com.

if I use that link I can see the device but when I try and connect it stalls at "connecting to unit, Please wait".

So I go via Home.getvera.com, add the device and get into it. But as soon as I do this it is upgrading the firmware, presumably to UI7 again.

Any thoughts?

BTW I am trying the 1.5.672 link now to see if it works.

thanks
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 06:19:01 pm by dindsy »

Offline wilme2

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 05:31:42 pm »
Call Vera and have them remove the "force update flag".

Then you can load the UI5 firmware...
Long Live UI5!

Offline dindsy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2016, 02:16:35 pm »
Just for completion. I did end up calling the Vera guys a couple of times. In one attempt to get back to UI7 some of the software files didn't load and my ZWave communication stopped working. I called Vera help and they logged in remotely and restored the files and got it running again. They were also able to confirm the UI5 web link to use and were also able to give me the config file for my previous set up (Yay!). My PLEG set up for my front door took me a long time to work out.

I had another call with them when my UI5 attempt stopped me being able to log into the unit at all. The Tech guys connected remotely with my PC and got back into it. I picked up some handy http commands from watching him take control (hehehe). He attempted to bring the unit back and upgrade to UI7 (at this point I stopped caring what interface I was one and just wanted it back. I also notice that the last UI7 install was working OK when it made the local connection to the unit).

His attempt to get it to UI7 failed and it stayed on UI5 but I could log into it and managed to restore my config. He did call me back when he followed up and noticed that it didn't work. But since I was where I wanted to be from the start I said I was fine.

I'm very happy with the Vera support.

Offline pdipesh11

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 11:33:20 am »
Hi,
I have vera lite and I have spent lot of time but no success with z wave plus sensor
just to give detail -
I purchased zwave plus motion sensor from monoprice as somewhere I read that zwave plus is backward compitable, I tried to add it and it came up as generic switch, I contacted vera and they tried to change it to motion sensor but it didn't worked and they said I need to upgrade to UI7, earlier I had very bad experience with UI6 and I had to downgrade to UI5, but vera people said that UI7 is the only option so I finally upgraded to UI7 and it detected motion sensor but again lot of issue (slow system, cant see thermostat in mobile app, camera  and lot other) so I copied all the parameter of zwave plus motion sensor from UI7 and I downgraded my vera lite to UI5 with is very stable , now I tried to include the motion sensor but same result, it came as switch so I changed its parameter to the copied parameter and no success, I have garage door opener which is zwave (not zwave plus) and that is also not working , now I find majority of retailer sale zwve plus so I cant add more sensor to my network and to be honest last couple of days lot of robbery happened so its little urgent for me
really appreciate if some one can give me some tip so that I can add the sensor to my vera lite

Thanks in advance

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2017, 04:04:39 pm »
A Z-Wave device can run with a  Z-Wave plus or Z-Wave controller.
A devices that ONLY talks Z-Wave plus needs the new controller.

Some early Z-Wave plus devices had a different include method (different button) to initiate an include with the and older Z-Wave only controller.
You need to make sure your Z-Wave plus devices will work on a Z-Wave only network.