We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Can I still use Powerlink2 module on my Powermax Pro panel?  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Synchrouk

Can I still use Powerlink2 module on my Powermax Pro panel?
« on: October 24, 2014, 11:23:57 am »
I've just bought a Powermax Pro panel.  I already own a Vera Light.  I'm thinking of using this plugin to see what I can combine with the two systems, but I'm unsure if the serial ==>  USB cable that I need to use, will interfer with the installation of the Powerlink2 that I am planning to buy.  Anyone know the answer please?

Offline Synchrouk

Re: Can I still use Powerlink2 module on my Powermax Pro panel?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 11:32:12 am »
I'm assuming that the Vera Light and the Powermax panels need to be perminantly connected via a serial/usb cable as well?

Do they have to communicate via this method?  Is there no way that they could do it via TCP/IP?  This would remove the need to keep them close togther and connected via a serial/usb cable, which would obviously have it s benefits.

Offline nlrb

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 12:13:43 pm »
You cannot use the Vera Lite and the Powerlink2 together. There can only be one master.

You can use a USR-TCP232-E to transfer the serial signal from the PowerMax over TCP/IP.

guest146447

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 01:15:29 pm »
The Powerlink2 is truly rubbish - slow, highly insecure, interface from the 90s... a Vera solution is much better in all respects, I think.