We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Zipato RGBW Bulb  (Read 17371 times)

Offline vosmont

• Beta Testers
Re: Zipato RGBW Bulb
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 11:44:32 am »
The version 1.0 of the plugin RGB Controller has been approved.
It should be compatible with the Zipato RGBW Bulb.

Offline JS007

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2015, 09:59:15 pm »
The version 1.0 of the plugin RGB Controller has been approved.
It should be compatible with the Zipato RGBW Bulb.
tried the update method, got "BAD_PLUGIN" message

http://192.168.1.151:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=6686

did a uninstall and reinstall

looks like now turns on and off, but no color changes, rebooted, still no color changes though

Offline JS007

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 11:51:07 pm »
just to add to that, when i click on the color wheel, I get "#NANNANNAN" in the box below regardless of where i click on it

Offline vosmont

• Beta Testers
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 03:59:59 am »
Ok, I've reproduced the bug on Firefox.

Waiting for a correction, it works on Chrome.

Sorry for this buggy version.

Offline vosmont

• Beta Testers
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2015, 10:30:20 am »
Here is a patch pending a new version

Offline JS007

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2015, 09:00:35 pm »

thanks, that worked, I have to say this bulb doesn't have the most color in it, more of a tint of color but can see it change (think it's the bulb though not the plugin)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:03:32 pm by JS007 »

Offline tiaanv

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2015, 03:49:32 am »

thanks, that worked, I have to say this bulb doesn't have the most color in it, more of a tint of color but can see it change (think it's the bulb though not the plugin)
You will get that effect if the warm white channel is also on.. Make sure it is off.
Vera Edge 1.7.961 - Follow me. I know exactly where I'm not going.
**CBUS Vera Interface plugin (creator),SmartSwitch (unofficial dev with permission)**

Offline JS007

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2015, 10:55:33 pm »
how do I disable the warm white channel?

Offline tiaanv

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2015, 02:24:20 am »

You need to send the color change command as explained in this thread.... to see a breakdown of the channels look here:
http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-91

Also remember that when sending the command you might need to use the ALTID of your device for the "NODE" value as explained in here... I would set ALL the color channels to 0x00.  Then you should get pure colors

T
**CBUS Vera Interface plugin (creator),SmartSwitch (unofficial dev with permission)**

Offline JS007

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 04:09:51 pm »

You need to send the color change command as explained in this thread.... to see a breakdown of the channels look here:
http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-91

Also remember that when sending the command you might need to use the ALTID of your device for the "NODE" value as explained in here... I would set ALL the color channels to 0x00.  Then you should get pure colors

T

wow, real colors, I ran this, then the plug in worked great

luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='56',Data='51 5 10 0 0 1 0 2 50 3 75 4 125'},1)

nice dark colors

I do have to turn the plugin off then back on every so often as colors stop changing, then works again
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 04:15:42 pm by JS007 »

Offline vosmont

• Beta Testers
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2015, 05:15:56 am »
@tiaanv or @JS007
As I haven't got a Zipato, I'm not able to test by myself.

If I understand well your post, the "Color Control" Z-Wave Command Class should set cool white to "0" in order to be able to control the other colors (red, green, blue and warm white) ?

Other questions :
- When you send the zwave command, is the Zipato module turned on, on the Vera UI ?
- When you change colors, is the slider for cool white color on the Zipato module changed too ?
- If the Zipato module is turned off on Vera UI, is it possible to change the colors ?

Offline tiaanv

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2015, 05:29:06 am »
@tiaanv or @JS007

If I understand well your post, the "Color Control" Z-Wave Command Class should set cool white to "0" in order to be able to control the other colors (red, green, blue and warm white) ?

Other questions :
- When you send the zwave command, is the Zipato module turned on, on the Vera UI ?
- When you change colors, is the slider for cool white color on the Zipato module changed too ?
- If the Zipato module is turned off on Vera UI, is it possible to change the colors ?
Hi V

The zipato is not properly supported by Vera,  so it actually only appears as a single dimmable lamp.   The slider controls the cool/warm white channel.   Can't remember which one.   I will verify the various states this evening for you.  As far as I can remember the lamp does not have to be on. In fact if you switch it on you get the effect mentioned before.

I'll get back to you.

Offline JS007

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2015, 10:59:36 pm »
@tiaanv or @JS007

Other questions :

once ran that command above, turning it on off from the other contol, changing the dimmer, ect... doesn't seem to break it

I can't get it back to not working now ( the bright white flooding the color )

if I turn the light off from the device itself, when I just turn it off then on from the plugin and it works again as expected

it's on, as soon as you turn the plugin on, the device goes on and full power
        no, it stays wherever I set it
       no, when it's off can't change colors, if turn plugin off\on then it also turns device on and full level but still dark rich colors

« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 11:04:27 pm by JS007 »

Offline Big Moose

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2015, 07:26:23 pm »
Just received two Zipato's and they are pretty sweet - thanks for the plugin Vosmont, works like a charm!

Offline vosmont

• Beta Testers
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2015, 03:46:33 am »
@Big Moose,
you're welcome  :)

There's still a problem with cool white against RGB / warm white.
I will propose a new version soon.