Author Topic: Introduction to VeraMate [Feat. GeoFencing/iBeacons/Voice Control/Watch & more]  (Read 11945 times)

Offline East

• Sr. Newbie
do you plan to add shortcut controls for notification center? Philips Hue recently added notification center support and that works really quick without the need to unlock the device or open the app.

I have been looking into this over the last couple of days as a matter of fact.  This will make it in, but I can't say when yet... :)

Wow... looking forward for that feature :)

Offline BrianAz

I'm having trouble logging in. Ios 8, vera mate 8.3.1 and UI7. Using my Getvera.com login info which works with homewwve. Not sure why it's not letting me login. What can I do to debug?

Thx

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
I'm having trouble logging in. Ios 8, vera mate 8.3.1 and UI7. Using my Getvera.com login info which works with homewwve. Not sure why it's not letting me login. What can I do to debug?

Thx

As you've mentioned, will take this up on other thread for any other's who have this issue;
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,28239.0.html
VeraMate for iOS - simple, customisable, Vera control.  http://www.veramate.com
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline goldriver

Is there a way Veramate change a state in a vera variable (other than creating a scene) so my PLEG in vera could react to someone coming close to a beacon or is veramate built to only react locally on the iphone  veramate scenes ?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:38:15 am by goldriver »

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
Is there a way Veramate change a state in a vera variable (other than creating a scene) so my PLEG in vera could react to someone coming close to a beacon or is veramate built to only react locally on the iphone  veramate scenes ?

At the moment VeraMate will only react by triggering a scene.  These aren't "local", but will be run on the Vera box which can be used by PLEG...

The ability to trigger switches etc will be in a future release.
Apple Watch, Voice Control, GeoFencing, iBeacons, Today Widget, UI5/6/7 support, Alerts.

Offline Vodden

At the moment VeraMate will only react by triggering a scene.

So, If my iPhone goes out of range of the iBeacon, will it untrigger the scene that it is assigned to?  I want to use iBeacons to detect if I am home or not, and act accordingly.
Vera 3 v1.5.622, Sharp Aquos, DSC 1864, EVL-3, (2) iPhone 6, Kwikset 912, Kwikset 910, (2) Linear WT00Z-1, (2) Linear WS15Z-1, (2) Linear WD500Z-1, (2) Evolve LTM-5, (8.) Aeotec micro-dimmer,  (3) Aeotec micro-switch, (1) Cooper Aspire RF9500

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
At the moment VeraMate will only react by triggering a scene.

So, If my iPhone goes out of range of the iBeacon, will it untrigger the scene that it is assigned to?  I want to use iBeacons to detect if I am home or not, and act accordingly.

No - there isn't a concept of "untriggering" a scene in Vera.  This would have to flip a switch, which in turn could trigger a scene, or, specify 2 different scenes to trigger entering and exiting the iBeacon range.

This could be a little tricky though depending on the size/layout of your flat.  If VeraMate thinks you are out of range when in reality the signal is just momentarily too weak, it might think you're out.   I'll be looking to enhance this in future versions to perhaps put a minimum wait time etc, although this could be done now (outside VeraMate) by installing a timer plugin that starts counting down, and is cancelled when it comes back in range.

Offline East

• Sr. Newbie
I recently upgraded from the free version to the paid version and I find the voice commands a funny thing to use. It's a bit unfortunate that the app needs to be running to capture the voice commands.

Any change it will be possible to integrate veramate with homekit, so it will be possible to use Siri? It's possible to activate Siri in a always listening mode when it's plugged in and that will be awesome for my situation :)

---

I've also found a bug when a Geofence is set for a scene that no longer exist or the name has been changed in UI7. Vera still trying to trigger the scene when condition has been met and I didn't find it possible to delete the geofence without adding a scene back with the same name. This could be solved by having a list activated geofence triggers so it can be deleted easier.

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
I recently upgraded from the free version to the paid version and I find the voice commands a funny thing to use. It's a bit unfortunate that the app needs to be running to capture the voice commands.

Any change it will be possible to integrate veramate with homekit, so it will be possible to use Siri? It's possible to activate Siri in a always listening mode when it's plugged in and that will be awesome for my situation :)

Thanks for the support :)  It's extremely unfortunate the app needs to be open, but this is Apple restricting dev access.  HomeKit sounds like a great idea in essence, except it requires hardware support to be able to implement it.  This means Vera or the zwave devices need to support it first.  (I'm still investigating whether there are ways around this, but I haven't found anything yet).

I've also found a bug when a Geofence is set for a scene that no longer exist or the name has been changed in UI7. Vera still trying to trigger the scene when condition has been met and I didn't find it possible to delete the geofence without adding a scene back with the same name. This could be solved by having a list activated geofence triggers so it can be deleted easier.

Ok that's a new bug.  I will look to get it fixed.  (Changes to the UI are also planned to make this all a bit easier).

Offline slajgaj

Sometime VeraMate config save/restore for example Dropbox? 8)

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
Sometime VeraMate config save/restore for example Dropbox? 8)

One of the next top items on the dev list :)

Offline slajgaj

in the meantime  some ideas, how can i restore the backup setting to other iphone/ipad?
 ;)

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
in the meantime  some ideas, how can i restore the backup setting to other iphone/ipad?
 ;)

... Unfortunately, there isn't :(  The configuration is stored in the apple setting store, which means it can't easily be changed outside of the app.   There's a possibility of transferring the config backup file over to the other app, but that would require file access to the iPhone etc, and I haven't looked into whether it'd work at all.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:47:58 am by veramate »

Offline waltzer11

Pressed and hold the scene button for 2 seconds as per instructions, they wiggle, then tap once and press "geofence". After that, it shows that all the scenes have check marks for both my wife's and my iPhones. (I guess by default). This means that all the scenes are activated either on entry or exit right? So I pressed the check marks and replace with an "x" mark for both our iPhone. still when either of us exit/enter the fence, some scenes are still triggered; arming the sensors, turning on lights during the day even though I have included the luup code " return luup.is_night():"This has been going on for over a week now and I have been trying my best to fix it but to no avail. Can someone help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

Offline veramate

• VeraMate
Pressed and hold the scene button for 2 seconds as per instructions, they wiggle, then tap once and press "geofence". After that, it shows that all the scenes have check marks for both my wife's and my iPhones. (I guess by default). This means that all the scenes are activated either on entry or exit right? So I pressed the check marks and replace with an "x" mark for both our iPhone. still when either of us exit/enter the fence, some scenes are still triggered; arming the sensors, turning on lights during the day even though I have included the luup code " return luup.is_night():"This has been going on for over a week now and I have been trying my best to fix it but to no avail. Can someone help me out and tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

The UI might be a little confusing (there is work on my dev list for this) -  the tick or cross specify what will happen when you press it.  EG, if you're seeing an X then the scene is activated (pressing the X will disable it).  The description on the map will tell you if it's enabled or not.

As for the luup.is_night(), you could try asking on the programming board if noone knows.  I've tried using that in the past as well, but never investigated where it actually gets the configuration for as to whether it's night or not - so I replaced that with triggers based on specific times.  You also need to make sure the LUUP is not on a trigger/schedule (as that won't be run via a GeoFence activation).