We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Who can further develop this Kodi XBMC add-on ?? I have it working ish..  (Read 21713 times)

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
Re: Who can further develop this XBMC add-on ?? I have it working ish..
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 07:55:38 pm »
Sounds similar to what I had in Windows MCE, I had an Amulet remote sold it now. Worked well for controlling MCE and MYMovies.dk.

So how does it control Vera stuff? Or is it just for XBMC voice control?

macrho

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 08:07:46 pm »
It controls Vera completely independently of XBMC. It'll scan your devices and, I think, your scenes as well. You can download a 30 day trial form their website, I believe. I'm fairly satisfied with it, it is better using my phone and much better than using a 10 foot UI. I can say: turn kitchen lights on, unlock front door, launch rockets [ok, last one doesn't work]

When siriproxy worked, that was probably the best way to control my Vera stuff - yack into my iPhone and actions happened. [rant] too many systems being closed that interfere with having a truly pervasive automation setup. [/rant]

Offline gijosh28

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 09:57:36 am »
Hey cw-kid,

I used to have this addon working in Frodo.  I just updated everything to Kodi v14, and of course it doesn't work anymore.  I am going to try your modified one today.  Unfortunately I can't help much.  I used to program a long time ago.  I just don't have the time now to relearn, and fix this.  But if you make any progress, or find enough support to start a bounty, let me know.  I would love to have this working again.

Thanks,
Josh

UPDATE:  Ok, I rebooted and tried installing again and it seems to have worked.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 10:05:40 am by gijosh28 »

Offline gijosh28

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 10:04:27 am »
Hey cw-kid,

I just tried to install this and it said "invalid structure."  Any thoughts?

I am really surprised there isn't more cross culture between XBMC (an media center OS originally built from hacking apart a game console, that runs on all manner of current hardware and is constantly and internationally user upgraded and updated with all kinds of apps), and vera and/or z-wave in general. 

Thanks,
Josh

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 03:10:53 pm »
Josh

Are you on XBMC Gotham ? I've not tested with Helix as yet. My modified version of the add-on installs and works OK for me on Gotham (OpenElec).

One guy did email me after my blog post about it, said he was going to develop something or improve the existing add-on. Not heard anything since will chase him up see if he made any progress?

Offline B3rt

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 02:23:36 pm »
i would like to see this to work also.

I use several kodi devices in house and it would be great to control my vera unit from my bedroom using kodi(xbmc), to check if for example the light is indeed on or off without to have to login (webinterface, etc).

I do not have my phone/tablet at hand in my bedroom when i go to sleep, kodi is present and always on (raspberrypi) on my bedroom tv..

So if someone got a solution to get this running again this would be great!

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 11:05:18 am »
OK I've got Kodi Helix up and running now on my test PC.

My modified Vera Home Automation add-on still seems to install OK in Helix with no errors.

It works as is in Confluence OK.

However in the new skin I am testing and hoping to maybe run in Helix a skin called 1080XF the add-on doesn't look right and all the text is missing until you highlight / select an item then the text for it becomes visible, which is bit of a downer.

See attached screenshots.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:26:22 pm by cw-kid »

Offline B3rt

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 03:50:59 am »
looks great, the skin problem was allready present in the original version.
Only worked/looked fine in the original skin..

May i ask what you changed/updated to get to work in kodi?
Dou you maybe have a zip with the working files which we can use?

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2015, 05:35:56 am »
Hi

The add-on works OK in Aeon MQ5 skin but not in this new 1080XF skin I was hoping to use for Kodi.

I've not changed anything with the add-on for Kodi. I did an upgrade however from Gotham to Kodi and it migrated all my settings and add-ons to Kodi.

So the Vera add-on was already there in Kodi. I did however as a test uninstall the Vera add-on from Kodi and install it again and it did reinstall OK etc.

I've uploaded the file to my dropbox again here in case there was an issue with the first upload?

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
Re: Who can further develop this Kodi XBMC add-on ?? I have it working ish..
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2015, 06:18:29 pm »
I've been poking around in the add-ons files / code again. I've managed to change the add-on so it now goes full screen mode and is also no longer transparent where you can see the rest of XBMC behind it as before.

I also changed the background colour / button on focus colour etc to match the 1080XF skin I am testing so its Grey etc.

I still haven't been able to work out why the buttons text / box outlines are missing when running in this 1080XF skin?

See attached screen shots.

Has anyone tried this Kodi add-on with Vera UI7 ?

We really need a developer to pick this up!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:26:47 pm by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2015, 10:12:19 am »
I am also testing another new Kodi Helix skin called Metro-TV.

The Vera add-on runs better in this skin and all the button texts are visible, but I still lose the button box outlines, when compared to how it looks in Confluence.

See attached screen shots.

Offline fusion600

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 10:33:20 am »
This is Great news and progress.  I wish i could dedicaate some time, but I wanted to thank you for your efforts.

I actually use XBMC only for video add-ons, so Metro-TV isn't the best for me.  still looking.

Once the functionality gets worked out, maybe I can take on the interface updates.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 12:05:16 pm »
I think for Kodi Helix I'll be using the 1080XF skin I just wrote a bit about it on my blog here.

But the Vera add-on is looking bad in that skin.

Offline fusion600

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2015, 12:32:46 pm »
BTW I am using UI7.  I get remote time-outs 50% of the time.  bit frustrating but this is very encouraging as it meets my needs perfectly if the bugs can be worked out.

Offline Vodden

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 06:02:26 pm »
@cw-kid

I'm going to give your mod a try on Gotham 13.0.  I will let you know how it works.

Vodden
Vera 3 v1.5.622, Sharp Aquos, DSC 1864, EVL-3, (2) iPhone 6, Kwikset 912, Kwikset 910, (2) Linear WT00Z-1, (2) Linear WS15Z-1, (2) Linear WD500Z-1, (2) Evolve LTM-5, (8.) Aeotec micro-dimmer,  (3) Aeotec micro-switch, (1) Cooper Aspire RF9500