We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Who can further develop this Kodi XBMC add-on ?? I have it working ish..  (Read 21597 times)

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
Yes you can have Vera send popup notifications to Kodi, I wrote about that on my blog also a while back.

http://windowsmediacenter.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/xbmc-vera-integration-send.html

And there is a DLNA plug-in for Vera which you can also integrate with Kodi, so from Vera web UI you can have basic transport controls over Kodi, like stop, play, pause and also see what's now playing on each Kodi instance etc.

However the DLNA plug-in for Vera also has a text to speech feature which is why I installed it, so you can send TTS commands from Vera to Kodi, to have Kodi speak out.

I didn't write a setup guide for this, however if you search this forum for XBMC text to speech you should see a thread I started where I ask how to do this and all the answers are in that thread. I should write a guide for the blog if I ever have time.

However for my main TTS notifications / announcements in the house I have Vera send them to my Logitech Squeezebox in the kitchen.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
What you running Kodi on? LINUX?

You may also find this article interesting as well.

http://windowsmediacenter.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/xbmc-openelec-logitech-harmony.html

Where I turn a bog standard Logitech Harmony universal remote control into a Z-wave remote via the OpenElec Kodi PC.

Basic idea of this is explained in the article.

In part two of this same article I cover some other stuff about sending popup JSON notification messages to Kodi
http://windowsmediacenter.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/xbmc-openelec-logitech-harmony.html

The basic code you need is there at least

Code: [Select]
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ShowNotification","params":{"title":"Your Title Here","message":"Your Message Here"},"id":1}
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:41:24 pm by cw-kid »

Online parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
Thanks again !

I recently upgraded my ageing Netgear NAS to a QNAP (HDMI enabled) one, and that runs Kodi, on its Linux OS.

I'm trying to do more and more HA stuff via my NAS from storage to control (OpenHAB, which is not easy :(  ).

As I have been setting up Kodi, for me and also one for ethe kids we are using it more and more.

I'll check out the links

Update - I've seen the following curl command posted on a few sites, have you tried this with vera via an OS.execute ?

curl -v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json" -X POST -d '{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ShowNotification","params":{"title":"0Dough","message":"Gotcha"}}' http://xbmc:8080/jsonrpc
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:13:25 am by parkerc »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
Hi

I just wrote a new article about the Vera DLNA plug-in and Kodi integration here.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers

Update - I've seen the following curl command posted on a few sites, have you tried this with vera via an OS.execute ?

curl -v -H "Accept: application/json" -H "Content-type: application/json" -X POST -d '{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ShowNotification","params":{"title":"0Dough","message":"Gotcha"}}' http://xbmc:8080/jsonrpc

What are we talking about? Sending pop-up notifications to Kodi from a Vera scene? In that case no I haven't tried.

I was using WGET in the LUUP tab, see attached screen shot.

And I use curl in my python scripts on XBMC for the Logitech Harmony remote integration project.

Offline NickTheGreat

I'm just new to Kodi, but I could never think of a use for this plug in.  But the notification thing I could see.   8)

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
If anyone reading this conversation was thinking about installing XBMCState don't! There is a newer version called KodiRemote that also has playback transport control and navigational buttons for controlling Kodi.

So KodiRemote has similar functionality to that of using XBMCState and the DLNA plug-in.

I have written a new setup guide for KodiRemote here, take a look.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:46:48 am by cw-kid »

Offline fusion600

Thanks Kid!!

Offline Denverodysea

cw-kid,
I have tried your methods "KodiRemote for Micasaverde Vera Home Automation", even reverted my Vera 3 back to UI5, but I keep getting errors on your LUUP scripts. Running the latest Stable KODI and DESPERATE to get the lights to dim when the movies start. Any progress? CHEERS

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
cw-kid,
I have tried your methods "KodiRemote for Micasaverde Vera Home Automation", even reverted my Vera 3 back to UI5, but I keep getting errors on your LUUP scripts. Running the latest Stable KODI and DESPERATE to get the lights to dim when the movies start. Any progress? CHEERS

Sorry only just seen this, did you figure it out in the end?

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
From my "KODI - Lounge Dim 25%" scene

Link_XBMC_to_devices = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:VSwitch1","Status",92)
if(Link_XBMC_to_devices=="1")then
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1","RunScene",{SceneNum="5"},0)
end

It checks the status of the Virtual Switch (Link devices to Kodi) which has a device ID of 92. If the Virtual Switch is ON (devices are currently linked), then it runs the scene with scene number 5, which dims the lights to 25%.

From my "KODI - Lounge On" scene

Link_XBMC_to_devices = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:VSwitch1","Status",92)
if(Link_XBMC_to_devices=="1")then
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1","RunScene",{SceneNum="1"},0)
end

It checks the status of the Virtual Switch (Link devices to Kodi) which has a device ID of 92. If the Virtual Switch is ON (devices are currently linked), then it runs the scene with scene number 1, which turns on the lights to 100%.

Its all covered in the blog post and should be fairly easy to follow.