Author Topic: Cooper Aspire RF9540-N/RF9542-Z Dimmer Switch Programming  (Read 10108 times)

Offline shallowearth

Re: Cooper Aspire RF9540-N/RF9542-Z Dimmer Switch Programming
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2016, 07:00:02 pm »
SGM from my previous post 9540/9542 combo works great with parameter 10.
9501/9517 does not quite work, it will only sync the "off" command, probably because the Vera is sending a SetTarget command instead of a SetLoadLevelTarget or some such.

However it is OK, you can just create a basic scene to keep the LEDs in sync on these.  See my full post above or look for my post with Cooper Solved in it for the full instructions for creating the scene to keep the switches in sync.

Offline wholm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 12:20:53 am »
shallowearth ,

I presume when you say parameter 10 works with your dimmers, you mean RF9540-Ns and RF9542-Zs, right?  If so, then you are experiencing the same as I.

Have you had a chance to verify that parameter 10 works or doesn't work with the RF9501/RF9517 non-dimmer combo?  I would think if it works for the dimmers, it would work for the more simple on/off versions of the switches (I say "more simple" because the RF9501/RF9517 combo does not need to worry about sync-ing the dimmer level).

BTW, I have noticed in all these 1 byte parameters that setting them with a decimal number works just as well as with a hex number.  The decimal numbers are a bit easier to monitor (i.e., seeing the number "11" instead of seeing "B").

Finally, like wholm, I too have found some documentation on Cooper switch parameters, but everything I've found does not include parameter 10.  The standard spec sheet that comes with Cooper switches, covers parametes 1 thru 7.  I have found some HTML code that further documents parameters 8, 11, and 12.  I have summaried all I have found into a text file.  I will start a new thread posting all this information once I finish testing.

Any value 1-9 should be the same for both Decimal and Hex.

Offline wholm

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 12:15:42 am »
shallowearth ,

I presume when you say parameter 10 works with your dimmers, you mean RF9540-Ns and RF9542-Zs, right?  If so, then you are experiencing the same as I.

Have you had a chance to verify that parameter 10 works or doesn't work with the RF9501/RF9517 non-dimmer combo?  I would think if it works for the dimmers, it would work for the more simple on/off versions of the switches (I say "more simple" because the RF9501/RF9517 combo does not need to worry about sync-ing the dimmer level).

BTW, I have noticed in all these 1 byte parameters that setting them with a decimal number works just as well as with a hex number.  The decimal numbers are a bit easier to monitor (i.e., seeing the number "11" instead of seeing "B").

Finally, like wholm, I too have found some documentation on Cooper switch parameters, but everything I've found does not include parameter 10.  The standard spec sheet that comes with Cooper switches, covers parametes 1 thru 7.  I have found some HTML code that further documents parameters 8, 11, and 12.  I have summaried all I have found into a text file.  I will start a new thread posting all this information once I finish testing.

Here are the documents I have found, one was sent to me by Cooper, the other I just looked up:

http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/dam/public/wiringdevices/products/documents/technical_specifications/advancedtechinfo_V2.pdf

http://www.cooperindustries.com/content/dam/public/wiringdevices/products/documents/spec_sheets2/AspireRFSmartDimmerSystemMasterSpecSheet.pdf

Offline ssubo

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2017, 02:24:03 pm »
Can anyone help me find Parameter 10? When I go to the Devices Option menu on my RF940 master dimmer, I only see:

Update Neighbor Nodes
Add Configuration Settings
Associations (that's where the association with the remote lives)

If I click add configuration setting, I need to fill in:

Variable (default is 1)
Data size (default is monitor only)
Desired value (default is nothing)
Current value (default is nothing)

Tks for your help!

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2017, 02:36:10 pm »
Variable = Parameter

See attached for how to fill it out correctly

Offline tchen001

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2018, 11:24:53 am »
Looking for some assistance ... I?ve read through this thread, and 2 other threads I found on how to keep Cooper Aspire Master and Accessory switches in sync (?Cooper Aspire RF Master/Accessory Association?, which links to ?Solved! -- How to Keep your Cooper RF Master/Accessory Switch always in Sync?).  I have a 9501 Master switch and 9517 Accessory switch installed and running, including setting Group ID to 1 on both devices, and setting (undocumented) parameter 10 on the 9501 Master Switch.  The good news is that my 2 devices stay in sync 95% of the time.  The bad news is that the Accessory switch loses sync about 5% of the time, mostly not syncing when the Master is turned off, and on rare occasion when the Master is turned on.

Seems like the next step for me is to create a scene using the Advanced Scene editor ? but that?s where I?m stuck. I've waited for several days for the option to appear to ?Set the Target to True (1) to match the Master switch? (Feb 28, 2015 message from ShallowEarth, concept repeated in this thread). I?m not familiar with LUUP ? and thus don?t know what to do with the suggested LUUP code (April 12, 2015 message from ShallowEarth) - specifically, what to replace so the target devices are named in the code.  Or how to ?toggle commands? after setting the Category ID from 14 to 3 temporarily on the Accessory switch (April 15 message) to ?trick Vera into offering the Get/SetTarget Commands for the device?.

Suggestions?  Thanks in advance.  James