Author Topic: Spinning Green 'Wheel' and Eventually "Luup engine is taking longer to reload."  (Read 3992 times)

Offline scyto

I changed my Vera running latest UI7 to connect to my wifi instead of using LAN.  It boots, gets an IP addr but when I logon the UI has a spinning green wheel-like progress indicator and then eventually says "Luup engine is taking longer to reload" pressing reset for 20 seconds and then letting go did not fix.

Help!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 02:52:00 pm by scyto »

Offline ElGringoCurioso

Seems like an authentication failure:
- did you create an account in getvera.com ?
- have you assigned your unit to your account??

what happens when you try to navigate to your unit from getvera.com

Offline scyto

Its not an auth failure or an assignment error AFAIK.  I had been using the unit just fine.  All I changed was the wifi settings and taking it off the LAN along with disabling the insteon module.

Offline ElGringoCurioso

So you're thinking it is entirely a problem within the box itself, not the IP network access nor Vera-Amazon cloud servers.
Reboot it and let it settle as it may suck an MCV pkg update from home.

Every minute Vera runs what looks like a convoluted network checker to crank "3G Failover" if available.
If no joy pop the hood and start pocking around for clues as to where it's bracking - Wouldn't it be nice if the GUI could provide feedback for basic problem like that??

Offline scyto

I have rebooted multiple times. Plus tried hard reset as I stated - no joy :-(   only had it three days, might just send it back to amazon as faulty needs replacing.

Offline scyto

Well plugging the WAN port of the Vera back into my network gave it a new IP I can now use to access it directly.

However the unit randomly gives me the password username screen at home.getvera.com which when I logon now redirects me to the old cpmios admin UI which a)has the wring IP and b)can't see the unit.

Any ideas?  This software seems garbage :-(

Offline jamwoirs

Has anyone with this 'Luup engine taking longer to load' problem come up with any solutions?
Or what might cause it.
Mine has been like this for a couple of days now, still awaiting help from tech support.
I tried to get it running with Danfoss LC13 radiator valves but vera edge cant yet control these properly if at all >:(  And latest addition  Horstman/Secure thermostat and receiver I can include but not associate the two, I think trying to associate them could have caused some kind of crash? leading to the luup engine issue, is this likley?

Any advice at all would be much appreciated.

I have asked Vera support if Vera Edge is resettable in order to start from scratch or re-sell, the unit has a reset but with a single press this does nothing. Or is it recyclable as I don't like waste, can anyone answer this?

Offline aschnell

• Sr. Newbie
I had an issue adding thermostats, same issue could happen adding more than one of any similar device. The default name was the same for two devices and it got a headache and caused the luup crash. The ui did not prevent this when adding the device so i think I just did a factory reset and then noticed the naming issue.

Offline jamwoirs

Thanks Aschnell
Its good to know you were able to do a factory reset - I shall search the forums on how to do this and if successful check for duplications as you said.
No helpful response yet from tech support so if this doesnt work Ill pay a bit extra for something more likely to work with my set up. (Fibaro) but post on here how I get on either way.

Offline jamwoirs

OK, update!
Tried a reset but of course the vera edge has no detailed instructions. one press of reset, two, long press, pressing while turning on and off?  who knows!  No Idea if its reset or not but its still got a 'luup engine taking longer to load' issue.  all lights on except zwave.
Ive come to the conclusion that the vera edge and its software are a big step backwards. It might have potential but why release something onto the market which is better replaced with a pot of yogurt.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
OK, update!
Tried a reset but of course the vera edge has no detailed instructions. one press of reset, two, long press, pressing while turning on and off?  who knows!  No Idea if its reset or not but its still got a 'luup engine taking longer to load' issue.  all lights on except zwave.
Ive come to the conclusion that the vera edge and its software are a big step backwards. It might have potential but why release something onto the market which is better replaced with a pot of yogurt.

There is not factory reset button the edge. So you might not find instructions for one.

When you CALL VERA do you setup a "JOIN ME" connection and let them fix it?

Offline jamwoirs

Just an update.
Dana  at Tech support was able to get it working again but only back to a previous backup. So this issue seems solvable if able to wait for support and don't mind loosing some device set ups.     So at least some points to Vera for that.
There is a reset hole/button on the unit but clearly doesnt do anything, I guess this is what integlikewhoa means. I was able to do a factory reset from the interface in the backup page.

Anyway, I bought this to do a job not as a toy or past time, so I appreciate it may be  fun getting all technical and tinkering endlessly but unfortunately I've no time for that so I'm ditching Vera in favour of Fibaro, fingers crossed!

I may well be wrong but form what I can gather from forums it is best not to upgrade to veras latest software or controller. I'd advice waiting a year or so until they have finished it properly.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
Just an update.
Dana  at Tech support was able to get it working again but only back to a previous backup. So this issue seems solvable if able to wait for support and don't mind loosing some device set ups.     So at least some points to Vera for that.
There is a reset hole/button on the unit but clearly doesnt do anything, I guess this is what integlikewhoa means. I was able to do a factory reset from the interface in the backup page.

Anyway, I bought this to do a job not as a toy or past time, so I appreciate it may be  fun getting all technical and tinkering endlessly but unfortunately I've no time for that so I'm ditching Vera in favour of Fibaro, fingers crossed!

I may well be wrong but form what I can gather from forums it is best not to upgrade to veras latest software or controller. I'd advice waiting a year or so until they have finished it properly.

Nothing will ever be finished and if it is it's only because we moved on to the next thing. My EDGE is working.