We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Unable to include non encrypted devices  (Read 546 times)

Offline cbo

Unable to include non encrypted devices
« on: November 03, 2014, 08:36:49 am »
Hello,
I have a vera lite running UI5. Everything has been working well so far but my setup was extremely simple.  I had one Yale lock.  Now I am trying to add on more devices and I cannot seem to pair anything other than encrypted devices.

I tried to pair 2 separate enerwave zw15r receptacles, and a ecolink tilt garage sensor. Each time I followed what was recommended here exclude before include, I only get as far as the devices showing up in the dashboard.  With either unable to configure device or error2 or unable to get device name.  I thought it was a range issue until I tried pairing the devices right next to the vera on full power mode and still no luck.  In addition went out an bought a aeotec range extender that supports encryption. The extender pairs just fine.  This make me think I am stuck in encryption mode pairing only.  Any suggestions?

Offline cbo

Re: Unable to include non encrypted devices
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 10:03:55 am »
Problem solved! Called Vera they told me to do a full power inclusion method. ;D

To to a full power inclusion you must keep the vera plugged in and keep a network connect.  You still should remove the device before you include it. But you preform all these actions from the dashboard not with the buttons on the device.

Luckily I have cat5 outlets around the house so I was able to preform this inclusion.  The guy said that in UI7 full power inclusion is the default even while on battery mode.

Hope this helps anyone else with a similar situation