We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How do I change Z-Wave device settings? Motion sensor question.  (Read 847 times)

Offline 416to305

How do I change Z-Wave device settings? Motion sensor question.
« on: November 03, 2014, 04:33:45 pm »
Hi everyone, I just got a Philio multi sensor, motion, door/window, temperature and light.  Love how small it is and so far it works great.  Only problem is the range is a bit too far, as it triggers even when I'm in my living room and pass the kitchen.  In the manual it says Z-Wave Configuration Setting 3 is PIR Sensitivity.  Says 0-99 default is 70 with lowest being low sensitivity and 99 being very high.  When I go to Add Device Settings or Configuration, forget what it says now, it gives me dropdown like 1 bit hex, 1 bit dec, 2 bit hex, 2 bit dec etc.  The manual says nothing about what to choose.  I've tried each one though and put the sensor in wake mode but they always say failed to configure.  Sometimes it does show current value of 70, but changing it never sticks.  Do I just type the number I want like 50 for example, or does it need to be converted?  MiOS manual says pick 4 bit dec if the manufacturer doesn't tell you, but still no go.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 05:40:01 pm by 416to305 »