We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Z-Wave Device Settings  (Read 4513 times)

Offline Grwebster

Re: Z-Wave Device Settings
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 10:15:55 pm »
There are some key things I use the vera for.  Security with motion sensor and cam although my area has very few issues.  Leak sensors are a good application.  I don't control my garage door, but with the tilt sensor I do know when I have left it open which happened way too many times in the past.  Also a few lights for safety and security.   Next is smoke and C02, and then replace my current push button lock with z-wave.  The OCD part of me would like to know the door is locked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline TC1

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 10:51:26 am »
Sounds like a fun project to get it all functioning.  What is the lighting for?

So here I am trying to learn as much as the different competing products features that I can in order to make an informed decision, with a Vera3 so far leading the pack because now I do want to expand into true home automation and will be getting a Schlage Touchscreen handleset that can be remotely accessed via Z-Wave (my cursory research seems to indicate that with a Vera, it can control it, but there are issues...).

What are the issues with the Schalge BE469 and Vera?

Offline Auggie

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 04:35:23 pm »
Sounds like a fun project to get it all functioning.  What is the lighting for?

So here I am trying to learn as much as the different competing products features that I can in order to make an informed decision, with a Vera3 so far leading the pack because now I do want to expand into true home automation and will be getting a Schlage Touchscreen handleset that can be remotely accessed via Z-Wave (my cursory research seems to indicate that with a Vera, it can control it, but there are issues...).

What are the issues with the Schalge BE469 and Vera?

Don't think it's a Vera-specific issue, but the Schlage lock not reliably working with third-party controllers, along with it's own issues.  The thread is quite long (33 pages) so I only skimmed the first several posts just to get an idea of the concerns as I don't yet have the Camelot Touchscreen lock yet (soon though):

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=13334.0

Offline TC1

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 05:03:33 pm »
Well, the first few pages are old complaints. Look at the dates of the messages. This was earlier firmware on both the locks and the Vera.

I have three BE469s running against Vera UI5 and I can assure you there no problems.

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 07:01:37 pm »
Good to hear!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk