Author Topic: Linear GD00Z Z-Wave Garage Door Controller  (Read 42004 times)

Offline kirkla79

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Linear GD00Z Z-Wave Garage Door Controller
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2016, 02:33:20 am »
@kirkla79, the only observation that I have noted is that the tilt sensor needs to be in sync with GD00Z-4 unit otherwise I have seen that VERA reports Open/Close but physically the door doesn't Open/Close. However reading your post you indicate that the GD00Z-4 does light up and provides alert noises which implies that your controlling the device via VERA, my troubleshooting sense suggest maybe fault wiring between GD00Z-4 device and your door opener mechanism. I would first ensure that your manual switch can open/close and if does then it must be either fault wiring (loose) or faulty GD00Z-4 device. Mike

I finally got a chance to look at the garage door opener.

The manual switches and remotes worked to open/close the door, just did not open/close when controlling via vera

I checked the wiring, but everything seems fine there.  So I unplugged and replugged the door opener and it now seems to work.

Offline tipton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2016, 08:40:18 pm »
finally updated to the U17 firmware which was a huge pain and added the garage door opener.

the weird thing, i can open my door no problem but it will not close using the app or via logging in online.  it says that the command to close was sent correctly but the door does not close.

any ideas on what i can do?  with my door i press the same button to close as i do to open.  no idea what the problem could be

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2016, 11:24:00 pm »
finally updated to the U17 firmware which was a huge pain and added the garage door opener.

the weird thing, i can open my door no problem but it will not close using the app or via logging in online.  it says that the command to close was sent correctly but the door does not close.

any ideas on what i can do?  with my door i press the same button to close as i do to open.  no idea what the problem could be

The sensor is not reading right. Have you manually opened and closed the garage from the physical button in the garage a few times to get it synced then tried it?

Offline tipton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2016, 11:56:23 pm »

The sensor is not reading right. Have you manually opened and closed the garage from the physical button in the garage a few times to get it synced then tried it?

i have opened it and closed it a few times, yes.  but come to think of it i always opened it with the app, then tried to close it with the app.  so maybe they never synced correctly since i never closed it with the button until after i had told it to close with the app

Offline NHguy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2016, 07:22:38 pm »
Did you try to close it immediately with the app after opening it with the app? That may be your problem, I know that won't work (from testing mine). If that's the case, try opening with the app, wait a few minutes and then try closing. There is a "safety feature" that prevents you from opening/closing too quickly which I don't completely understand (I believe I've read somewhere it's a 30 second timeout). I could guess that they don't want the garage door opening/closing on command retries since it's a pulse, but I'm not sure. I've also read that if you try a couple times via zwave and it fails (not sure what qualifies as a failure), you need to do a manual open/close to reset it.

Offline jvan

« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2016, 05:40:48 pm »
I attempted to install the Linear GD00Z today with VeraEdge.

-------------------------------------
Pairing Next to Vera (in my office)
When I paired the device I got the warning message that although the Linear GD00Z was expected, another device was found (the Nutone version).

When I tip the door sensor back and forth to simulate opening and closing a door, Vera accurately reports weather the door is open or closed.
With the door sensor in the 'closed' position, I can use Vera to open the door (it beeps and flashes and I can hear the garage door opening) (the garage is below the office).  Then I tip the sensor to simulate the 'open' state, and I can use Vera/Linear to close the door without issue.
All seems good.
--------------------------------------

Then I unplug the Linear and install it in the garage along with the door sensor.

With the door sensor reporting 'closed', I use Vera to open the door, the Linear beeps and the door opens. Vera (sometimes) reports it's state accurately.

At some point (usually after the first or second successful openings or closings) the Linear beeps but the door does not open/close.

This throws off the Vera status, such that an open state is reported as closed and vice-versa.
When the state is incorrect, the door will no longer open or close.  Clicking the 'Open' or 'Closed' buttons in Vera report a successful transmission but no beep is heard from the Linear and the state of the button does not change.

If I trigger the door using the standard garage remote, making the incorrect Vera open/closed state accurate, I can then open or close the door with Vera, but only once.  The next open/close signal from Vera will cause the Linear to beep but not open/close and the cycle begins again with incorrect status/manual adjustment/1 successful Linear operation/1 unsuccessful Linear operation/incorrect status.

For my setup, I used a Chamberlain remote and soldered the white wires from the Linear into the remote.
I've tried changing the poll seconds from 60 to 5, tried selecting 'Automatically Configure', but nothing seems to help.

Ideas?

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2016, 12:57:54 am »
After you moved the door controller, did you heal the network? Odds are there is a bad route causing issues.

Offline jvan

« Reply #127 on: February 15, 2016, 09:54:18 am »
I've never seen anything in the interface about 'healing' or 'repairing' the Z-Wave network.  Is that for older devices/firmware?
I'm running VeraEdge 1.7.1707

Offline jvan

« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2016, 12:59:11 pm »
Any other ideas?

Offline chochy

« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2016, 10:32:33 pm »
I recently bought two of the garage door openers and after hours of troubleshooting I finally got them paired and they show up in the web browser (UI7 1.7.760) as garage door openers and show the status of the door. I initially installed the  opener, then unplugged my veralite and put it into pair mode, it found the device but added it as a light bulb. To fix this I had to unpair , then use the add devices -> other device ->garage door opener, and move the device to my veralite that was plugged in. What a pain. I'm using the VeraMate app, and that sees it as a light bulb with ON/OFF. I guess I can live with it. The app takes awhile for it to report the status of the door. If I want to close both doors I have to trigger one door opener, then back out to the main screen, then back to the dashboard, then proceed to close the second door.

Offline pdipesh11

« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2017, 09:01:58 pm »
hi all,

anyone with veralite UI5, any success?, for me, its not getting added, UI5 > add new> pressed include button on the door opner, wait, wait, nothing happens.... I have GD00Z-1 and that is zwave and not zwave plus version, any assistance will be really appreciated
thanks in advance

Offline NHguy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2017, 09:09:49 pm »
This was why I upgraded to ui7 over a year ago, I really wanted to get this device working. At least at the time I upgraded, it was explicitly not supported on ui5 (can't imagine that has changed).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Raladic

« Reply #132 on: June 20, 2017, 01:01:46 pm »
Does someone know how I can reset the state that it's showing remotely?

I had a power outage so I had to open the door manually and close it and now when power came back on the Controller is reporting open, even though the door is closed (as I can see on my webcam).

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2017, 08:16:18 pm »
On my Insteon controller, I tell it to open/close, and if it sends a command, it closes/opens it but it reports correctly in Vera.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline jeffvs

« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2017, 04:34:08 pm »
Does someone know how I can reset the state that it's showing remotely?

I had a power outage so I had to open the door manually and close it and now when power came back on the Controller is reporting open, even though the door is closed (as I can see on my webcam).
I would really like to know the answer to this as well. I lose power about once a month, and EVERY TIME I have to factory-reset the GD00Z (press the pair button 6 times) and re-pair with Vera. No sequence of power cycling seems to resolve the issue without having to re-pair. If the GD00Z loses power, I have to re-pair.

It's so annoying that I'm devising a battery backup for it. The Vera can loose power and there's no problem when it comes back on line, but it just seems like the GD00Z has no internal non-volatile memory.

Thanks,
Jeff