Author Topic: Linear GD00Z Z-Wave Garage Door Controller  (Read 42150 times)

Offline paulcusick3

Re: Linear GD00Z Z-Wave Garage Door Controller
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2014, 05:14:38 pm »
Thanks;  did that, but had troubles.  I may have to delete and add back.

Offline KenJ

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 04:35:26 pm »
If you have a VeraLite, MCV has just released new firmware that fixes a lot of problems.

Offline gwalsh

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 09:28:08 pm »
The iOS app is still screwed up, but the VeraLite browser interface seems to be fine under Favorites and the device page. I think I'd prefer if the door were grey when closed and red when opened. Similar to what they do with the light bulb icon for on and off.

Ken, can you go to your Vera Edge in a browser and then go to Devices.  Next, look for your garage door and click the ">" to the right of it, and finally select ADVANCED to get to these settings.  Let us know what the settings are for:

device_type
device_file
device_json

...and maybe the rest of us can change these (fingers crossed) to get the correct icon to display.

Thanks!

Gerry

Offline aliencds

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2014, 01:32:00 am »
Just an update - I had some other integration issues and although the door opener was working fine, decided to factory reset my VeraLite. During the re-installation process, I realized that I had previous used a switch or generic device type. This time I happened to notice that the Linear GD00Z was listed under Other Devices and used that. When I did that, the correct icon showed up and status text - not the lightbulb icon with on/off.

I did the same thing. I unpaired the device and re-added but its still showing with the lightbulb. I'd Rather not have to factory reset and re-add all my devices as that will be a huge pain.

Can you post your advanced settings as asked in the above post so maybe i can fix my icon.

Thank you

Offline KenJ

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2014, 09:34:33 pm »
Ken, can you go to your Vera Edge in a browser and then go to Devices.  Next, look for your garage door and click the ">" to the right of it, and finally select ADVANCED to get to these settings.  Let us know what the settings are for:

device_type
device_file
device_json

...and maybe the rest of us can change these (fingers crossed) to get the correct icon to display.

urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1
D_BinaryLight1.xml
D_GarageDoor1.json

Note that when the garage door was added, it changed by 3way light icon to a garage door.

Offline gwalsh

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2014, 03:15:10 am »

device_type
device_file
device_json

urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1
D_BinaryLight1.xml
D_GarageDoor1.json

Note that when the garage door was added, it changed by 3way light icon to a garage door.

Shucks, mine is setup with these three settings equal to yours already.  So doesn't look like these affect the icon shown.  I'm new to Vera anything so still learning here.

Thanks Ken,

Gerry

Offline sdholden

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2014, 06:42:13 pm »
I'm running firmware 1.7.481 and I have the light bulb icon with on/off for status listed everywhere in the vera UI for the linear GD00Z. Like others have stated, it works, just a bit of annoyance with the UI reporting. I did change the .json to match what KenJ listed, but that made no difference. Anyone else have any input or suggestions as to what might be different between KenJ's setup and everyone else's?

Offline Mattgintx

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2014, 08:36:48 pm »
I just added the garage door opener today and am getting the light bulb :(

Offline coronabill

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 11:21:12 pm »
I have a VeraEdge with the latest firmware.  When I added the Garage Door Controller today,  using Other Devices (Garage  Door Opener) it added it as a Light Bulb (Web) as well.  I changed the .json file to GarageDoor1.json and it changed all my lights to Open/Closed, and still kept the lightbulb for the garage door.  :( 

On the Android app, the garage door icon shows up, but it has Armed/Disarm.  But at least all the lights say on/off...  ::)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:29:56 pm by coronabill »

Offline clancykev

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2015, 05:26:21 pm »
I just wanted to share my experience with this device.  I originally was running UI6, I paired this device with my Vera lite and it showed up as a lock.  I installed it on a wooden beam in my garage, and then tried to activate the commands.  No beeping, no lights, no garage door activation.  I read that support was included in UI7 so I upgraded...

I unpaired the device and paired it again, it showed up as a light switch, I configured the node and it kept telling me that the command were successfully sent, again there was no lights no sound, no activation.  I kept it installed in my garage for hours trying to troubleshoot the problem when eventually it gave me a "failed at getting secure class please wait" or something along those lines.  Eventually it would no longer communicate with the node.

I removed the device from the garage again, I unpaired the device and paired it one last time while it was right next to the router.  It paired again and again it said commands were being transmitted successfully but nothing was happening (no lights or sounds).  I kept it plugged in and gave up and went to bed.

This morning I woke up and tried activating the device again.  It beeped and flashed!!  So I went to the garage and installed it again.  This time I tried to activate it it said 'Device Not Detected.  I eventually realized it's because it still thinks it was in the living room.  I ran a "repair" on the vera lite and after it completed the garage door opener worked flawlessly.  Apparently it takes a while for vera to get the security clearance?   ???  In any case, I ended up stripping the screws that were included, but it seems as though both the tilt sensor and garage door opener are working (still showing up as a light).  My device is over 30 feet away from the nearest z-wave device so this might have been part of my problem.  Just wanted to share this because just because it's not working right away does not mean you have a bad unit.  Just be patient.

Offline branbo

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2015, 10:27:07 pm »
I have a VeraEdge with the latest firmware.  When I added the Garage Door Controller today,  using Other Devices (Garage  Door Opener) it added it as a Light Bulb (Web) as well.  I changed the .json file to GarageDoor1.json and it changed all my lights to Open/Closed, and still kept the lightbulb for the garage door.  :( 

I also updated to GarageDoor1.json.  After that, I clicked both the "reload engine" and "configure node right now" buttons.  One of those did the trick after changing the .json file.  Now I have garage door icons (red when garage is open) and it says "open" or "closed" instead of "on" or "off".  When I go back into the device settings, the lightbulb icon reappears on that page only, but it bothers me less there.

Offline jrushford

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2015, 09:39:43 pm »
Thanks for the post!  I had the exact same problem and had to put a piece of paper in the garage door sensor so that the interlock switch would engage.  The garage door opener functions perfectly now.  That must be design defect where the interlock button doesn't engage when you put the cover on the garage door sensor.

Offline tannerj

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2015, 02:37:21 pm »
I also had no problems installing the Linear controller, but had the light bulb issue. I switch to the GarageDoor1.json file (which did nothing after "reloading engine" and "configure node" I now can't access the advanced settings of the device to set it back to binarylight. Anyone have any ideas? I'd really like to not have to take the controller down again to reset it. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 02:55:53 pm by tannerj »

Offline CraigO

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2015, 09:38:36 pm »
I just installed my GD00Z today and started off with the light bulb icon. My device_json was D_BinaryLight1.json. During the various restarts of LUUP and reboots my Vera notified me that there was a new firmware available. Turns out 1.7.513 was released yesterday.

Upgraded to that and got a nice garage icon. Still says On/Off but I'm OK with that I guess. My device_json was automatically updated to D_GarageDoor1.json.

Offline weezybw

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2015, 09:20:22 am »
I picked up a GD00Z yesterday and have been attempting to get the device up and running with my Veralite without much luck.

I can get the device to pair easily and it detects it as a garage door with the nice garage door icon,  but the device constantly says "Failed at: Please wait! Getting secure classes"

I am running firmware version 1.7.513 on the Veralite. 

In the advanced parameters for the device it shows device type as urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:BinaryLight:1
device file as D_BinaryLight1.xml
device_json as D_GarageDoor1.json

I've attempted to unpaid are repair a dozen times.  I get the same behavior every time. 

Anyone have any ideas?