We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: VRCZ4-MRZ, VRE06-1LZ and vera  (Read 3005 times)

Offline abucsa

VRCZ4-MRZ, VRE06-1LZ and vera
« on: November 07, 2014, 12:01:35 am »
Hi friends,

I'm wondering if can anyone with levitron integration experience can help me?

I'm trying to do a setup when the main controller is Vera then I have multiple dimers VRE06-1LZ and a few 4 zone controllers VRCZ4-MRZ. I register all devices in vera but I'm unable to associate a zone (on the zone controller) with a specific dimer. The scenes will be defined only for dimers (as turn off/ on or dimming), the zone controller need's to control only the dimmers (no button press event is required in vera).
So, my question are:

1. do I need the levitron remote to do the devices association or this can be done in vera as well (this is HAIL related)? If yes, how?
2. if the remote is necessary, how can I left vera as master and register the devices inside the remote to do the assignation?
3. How many zone controllers does support VRE06-1LZ (including vera)?
4. direct device association is more effective as dimer control?
5. it is possible to assign the same zone for multiple dimers?

Thanks and most appreciated your support,
Best Regards,
Andrei

Offline Z-Waver

• Master Member
Re: VRCZ4-MRZ, VRE06-1LZ and vera
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 08:35:26 am »
1. do I need the levitron remote to do the devices association or this can be done in vera as well (this is HAIL related)?
This can be done with Vera. There are many forum posts describing how to do it. Here's one.
2. if the remote is necessary, how can I left vera as master and register the devices inside the remote to do the assignation?
No remote required.
3. How many zone controllers does support VRE06-1LZ (including vera)?
I don't think there is a meaningful limit, since the associations are on the controllers, not the dimmer. But, I have not tested this. If there is a limit, it won't be less than 5.
4. direct device association is more effective as dimer control?
I think so, it also allows the device to function without Vera's presence.
5. it is possible to assign the same zone for multiple dimers?
Yes.

Offline rstrouse

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 12:16:09 pm »
If you are using UI7 go to Device Options tab and add an association for each button.  The group id correlates to the button number starting at the top. 

Group 1 = Button 1
Group 2 = Button 2
... etc.

1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Offline abucsa

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 05:14:07 pm »
Thanks all,
I'll try then give my feedback.

Most appreciate your help,
Best Regards,
Andrei

Offline abucsa

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 12:13:00 am »
Hi Z-Waver and rstrouse,

I succeed to associate devices.
By pressing the keys 1 and 3 on VRCZ4-MRZ until LED's turns amber, I succeed to register the zone controller in Vera.
(To factory default need to press the keys 1 and 3 on VRCZ4-MRZ until LED's turns red.)

I use UI5 (register to mios), because I cannot succeed to update to UI7 even when create a new account on getvera, vera was not recognized; probably I need to contact vera support.

However, the weird thing is that vera assign 2 ID's for VRCZ4-MRZ: one of them has an ON/ OFF switch. It was necessary to assign the dimers to buttons for the ID without switch in order to work, to dimmer by flowing this procedure (described in suggested post):
Click the wrench -> Device Options.  In "Group ID"enter the switch number (top=1 to bottom=4).  Click "Add Group"   For that new group, click "Set", find the dimmer module, check the box, scroll down and click "Back to Z-Wave Options" then close the dialog and save/restart LUA.

I'm not sure if it's normal to have two ID's assigned for the same device, and I'm wondering if I miss something?

Thanks again,
Most appreciate your support,
Best Regards,
Andrei
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:55:19 am by abucsa »

Offline rstrouse

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 12:43:00 am »
Andrei,

I only have one device for my VRCZ4-MOZ but it does not control a load.  Does the MRZ also control a load?  If it does then this is what that second (on/off) switch is for.  It would have had a line, neutral, load, and ground.  On the -MOZ it only has a line, neutral, and ground.  As for upgrading to UI7 the likely reason is that MCV needs to set some upgrade flag on your account to get the update to go through.  Many on this forum say it's not worth it to upgrade and UI5 is a better choice but I am adventurous.
1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 06:36:50 am »
@abucsa,

Welcome!

Your controller has a built-in switch; so you essentially have 2 devices in 1 one package. Consequently, you see 2 devices in Vera. (This is exactly as @rstrouse suggested; the difference between the -MRZ and -M0Z flavors.)

In addition to @Z-Waver comments:
- No remote required (only the VRCZ1 requires the remote to do something useful with that controller).
- One dimmer can be controlled by multiple zone controllers. (I thought the limit for routed return messages is 5 (i.e. in the dimmers).)
- You should be able to set up scenes in Vera to make the buttons on the VRCZ control the VRE. Vera will program the associations for you.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline abucsa

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 01:43:04 pm »
Hi All,
So I install all dimmers and a few scene controllers; for a half of them it is very weird: you can turn off associate dimmers (in case those were turned ON) but you cannot turned on form scene controller.
This means the association was done but for some reason the functionality is not proper.

I'm wondering if it's required to update the software, in case if update is supported...

Another question: how we can update assignement table for each dimmer?
During testing probable I assignate more remote devices that one dimmer supported (and I'm not sure tha I do the un-pairing... :( ). This can be fixed in some way? (network heal will do the magic)? 

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
Best Regards,
Andrei
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:58:56 pm by abucsa »