Author Topic: LoadLevelTarget & LoadLevelStatus  (Read 2218 times)

Offline maja

LoadLevelTarget & LoadLevelStatus
« on: November 09, 2014, 10:32:36 pm »
It is my understanding that the LoadLevelTarget is the dimming level that the dimmer needs to get to. The LoadLevelStatus is the dimming level it currently is at. That means the Status is lagging the Target in cases where the dimming level adjusts to the target value slowly (over a few seconds or longer). However, what I am seeing is different. When I change the dimming level on the actual switch and observe the two values in vera, I see LoadLevelStatus first going to the level that I did set on the actual switch. Only afterwards the LoadLevelTarget is going to that same value.

Is this expected behavior? If so why? Also is this device specific? In my case the dimmer is a Cooper Aspire RF9534 NAW.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Re: LoadLevelTarget & LoadLevelStatus
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 11:40:46 pm »
If you're judging this by looking at the Advanced tab of the device then you are probably being misled by the latency of the web interface. Try instead by looking in the LuaUPnP log file, and you should see the order of events you are expecting.

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 06:55:31 am »
Right, using the values in the GUI can be misleading, without refreshing first. Also, I'm surprised you see the LoadLevelTarget change. I thought this represented the internal target for Vera, when calling the associated action to change the dim level through Vera. So if you're changing the level locally on the physically dimmer, only the LoadLevelStatus will change.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline maja

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 02:38:12 pm »
oTi@, that makes completely sense now. I have a scene that changes the dimming level to the last level set (in between the dimming level is changed to 100%). That's why the target changes after the status. I did not realize that some variables come from vera and some come from the switch. Anyways, that clears everything up. Thanks. Btw, is there a way to know what variables are set by vera and what variables get their values from the device?

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 03:46:58 pm »
is there a way to know what variables are set by vera and what variables get their values from the device?

This page on the wiki is perhaps the closest thing.  Have the UPnP spec in your other hand.

Offline maja

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 04:27:46 pm »
futzle, thanks. I will have some reading to do. I just got started with scene scripting this weekend and now have my lights temporary turn on 100% before going back to the previous level after some set time. This scripting seems to open a lot of new possibilities and the documents you pointed me to hopefully will help with that.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 12:26:36 pm »
You control a device by requesting an ACTION from the device.

You can find the current device state by looking at the device variables.

Offline chris66

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 08:42:47 am »
Repacing Fibaro FGR-221 with FGRM-222, because had to replace blind motor that was no more compatible with.

I used LoadLevelTarget to set the correct position of the blind coorelated to the wind speed. What I do not understand, when I set LoadLevelTarget to 10, it reports now with FGRM-222 a LoadLevelStatus to 100. But the Blind is well positioned at 10, any ideas? With FGR-221 the LoadLevelStatus was reporting correcty.

my command: luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1","SetLoadLevelTarget", {newLoadlevelTarget = lul_StorePos}, #id)

Do I have also to set via function the LoadLevelStatus? Not supposed to be set automatically?

Edit: Ok found this, but bug seems still open http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,24025.15.html
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 09:35:46 am by chris66 »