We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Byron SX PIR  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Andy

• Sr. Newbie
Byron SX PIR
« on: November 11, 2014, 10:33:09 am »
Hi, can anyone confirm if a PIR using the Byron SX protocol is supported by the plug in?

I am told that the Siemens DCACC3 works with the RFXtrx just not sure about the plugin, though I see it does support the Byron SX chime, so hopefully...

If not, is there any chance this might be added in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
Re: Byron SX PIR
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 12:51:34 pm »
Byron SX not supported by the plugin.

Offline Andy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 05:34:33 pm »
With the exception of the chime right?

How about the second part of my question, regarding whether such support is possible in the future? I don't know whether everything supported by the RFXtrx, or just a subset, can technically, eventually, be supported by the plugin (subject to whatever hard work is required etc)?

If a subset, what differentiates devices which can be supported.from those that can't?

If it is possible, it would also be useful to know what help can be provided to help achieve this if any? Eg a device to work with, help testing, providing data etc.

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 02:58:40 am »
RFXtrx only supports byron sx chime, not PIR.

The first criteria to support in the plugin a new feature of the RFXtrx is: can I implement the feature using the standard devices provided by the Vera. If not, I hesitate a lot because first that is more work to create a new specific device type and the main problem is that this new device will be supported by no third party software (mobile application).
For Byron SX chime,  we need mainly a scene trigger to signal chime. I could add it on the main device but that would require you can identy the ID of your device. That would be too much difficult for 99% of users.
Another option would be to use a non adapted device like for example a door sensor but then I should probably untrip the device after few seconds ?
If you have a good idea how to integrate this device in the Vera, let me know and I will study all proposals.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:01:25 am by lolodomo »

Offline Andy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 11:51:58 am »
Thanks, if the RFXtrx doesn't support anything other than chime, then I guess that is that.

I'm not after the chime being integrated in the plugin, just the PIR, but thanks for the info, it will help inform as to whether to ask for support for anything in the future...

Offline nathsea

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 09:51:18 am »
I have the Byron SX door bell and remote chime, with this plugin, if it was enabled would I be able to use the push button to activate other scenes within vera. If this was the case it would be great, somebody rings the front door and the TV pauses for example? Or am i missing something here?

Nath

Offline lolodomo

• Master Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 07:43:09 am »
I have the Byron SX door bell and remote chime, with this plugin, if it was enabled would I be able to use the push button to activate other scenes within vera. If this was the case it would be great, somebody rings the front door and the TV pauses for example? Or am i missing something here?

Nath

You are missing nothing.
But here is my conclusion two messages before:
If you have a good idea how to integrate this device in the Vera, let me know and I will study all proposals.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:47:21 pm by lolodomo »

Offline nathsea

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 10:12:05 am »
hi thanks for your reply. I don't understand Vera that well, so please feel free to shout me down if needs be. Could the push button be added as a remote control, that surely accepts momentary button pushes?

Cheers
Nath

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 04:41:41 am »
RFXtrx only supports byron sx chime, not PIR.

The first criteria to support in the plugin a new feature of the RFXtrx is: can I implement the feature using the standard devices provided by the Vera. If not, I hesitate a lot because first that is more work to create a new specific device type and the main problem is that this new device will be supported by no third party software (mobile application).
For Byron SX chime,  we need mainly a scene trigger to signal chime. I could add it on the main device but that would require you can identy the ID of your device. That would be too much difficult for 99% of users.
Another option would be to use a non adapted device like for example a door sensor but then I should probably untrip the device after few seconds ?

Hi lolodomo,
First of all many thanks for your exxelent plugin. I have already several 433-devices that work on RFXcom and that I can integrate in my Vera 3 !!
I'm now considering to buy a BuronSX chime but off course would also like to integrate it in Vera. So I really hope you can implement this on short notice.  For me using a non adapted device like door sensor or siren would be OK. I prefer to be flexibile in untripping it so not a fixed time but if that is too difficult then automatically untrip it after say 5 seconds is also OK.

Could you at least let me know if you are planning to make this work on short notice, so I know wether to buy it now yes or no.
Many thanks in advance !

Offline mikee123

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 06:25:08 am »
From what I understand so far the Byron SX is not supported, Even though you can tick it in the Rfxtrx device, that does nothing. I have a Byron SX, and cannot do anything with it. No device is being created. I have bought a Nexa to replace my Byron SX as I wanted to integrate my doorbell into my system.
I think if you are looking for a short term answer, do not buy the Byron. I have also read LightwaveRF are shortly releasing a set of doorbells, but I do not know when.

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 02:33:10 pm »
I know that Byron SX is not supported yet but lolodomo asked for some input/advice on how to implement this, so I reacted on his request. I have in the meantime bought a chime called SelectPlus (sold in Netherlands at Action store). This is dirt cheap (EUR 5,95) and works very well. It works according to Byron SX protocol and  Bert Weyenberg from RFXCOM implemented support for this chime in the meantime.
So I hope lolodomo will implement this also in the RFXCOM plugin so I can integrate it in my Vera sometime. If not... I'm still happy with this cheap chime and will await other solutions for chimes that can be integrated with Vera in the near future.

Offline mikee123

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 03:01:55 pm »
I was very happy with my Byron SX, but wanted a dooebell to integrate with my system, i bought the Nexa which is fairly cheap too, and it works really well. I have a device (actually 2 devices, one for each ringtone) which is a remote control, which I can use to remotely ring the bell. I have also set up a notification for scene 100 in that device, so every time the doorbell rings I get a notification on my Vera Alerts, and i use that too to trigger actions on my Android tablets. It works really well, and I do not regret having swapped my Byron SX. Maybe not as cheap as your solution, but i paid about ?23 for it, so its not a fortune, and I have all I want now