Author Topic: Plugin : IPX800 card for generic use  (Read 8894 times)

Offline amg0

• Master Member
Re: Plugin : IPX800 card for generic use
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 03:48:11 pm »
Hello Amg0

I have version 0.43 installed on my vera3 UI5, plugin is working fine.

I recently installed GCE X400 CT module with my IPX800 which sends it signal in Amps on Analog 4 to 8, but my analogue inputs are showing as temperature, how to set it up to read power (Whatts or Amps)

thanks
Philippe

What do you have in the "AnalogInputs" variable ?
For Analog entry, I support only T (temp) L (light) and H(humidity) right now but I could add another type, just please let me know what VERA device_type would be the right one to use ?

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2015, 02:08:52 pm »
Version in preparation to add window cover support.

It will work this way:
  • present a window cover device with classical commands
  • uses 3 ipx relays ( up , stop and down ) in pulse mode ( Tb parameter <> 0 in the IPX )
  • Supports intermediate positioning of the cover by stopping the roller after some time based on your full cycle duration
  • configured in your OutputRelaysvariable with the following syntax: 1W-2-3-30-40 where 1 is the relay for up command, W is the type ( window ), 2 is the relay for stop commmand, 3 is the relay for down command, 30 is the up cycle duration in sec, 40 is the down cycle duration.  30 and/or 40 are optional , defaults to 60 sec
  • Same principals as other IPX Vera devices created by this plugin, it makes scene and notifications possible from the VERA

« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:48:03 am by amg0 »

Offline delle

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2015, 06:18:44 am »
Hi,

Just for confirmation.  Will this plugin still work with the new version 4 of the IPX800?

I appreciate your help

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2015, 06:48:48 am »
Hi,

Just for confirmation.  Will this plugin still work with the new version 4 of the IPX800?

I appreciate your help
Sorry but I do not have any idea , we need to see if the HTTp API remains  compatible.
 I have no short-term plan to buy a version for so it may be tricky to do it but I will gladly help whoever wants to do an improvement Of it.  The internal architecture should make it easy.

Offline delle

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 02:09:49 pm »
Damned, I ordered the new version and just detected they published the new API.  Seems a lot different than the V3, anyway I'll give it a try when receiving the device next week

Thanks

Offline sota

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2016, 05:46:50 am »
I'm looking at buying one of these units, has anyone got the V4 unit working? What's the difference between V3 and V4?

Thanks!

Offline unissani

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2017, 05:05:49 pm »
Hi
(barging in... sorry)
also wanted to ask about IPX 800 V4 - will it work with the Vera Edge plugin?
Thanks
Uri

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 03:20:44 am »
no I think it will  not work for V4 although it is possible to be adapted to it by some owner of the V4. 
V4 is much more sophisticated and includes more home automation features with a new User Interface and much more powerful architecture with plugin in and SCENE editor
http://www.domotique-info.fr/2015/09/test-de-nouvelle-ipx800-v4-by-gce-electronics/ ( in FR )

to be honest, to me , my Home Automation "center" is vera so I did not need these features and V3 is perfect for me. it is simple and I do not use its User Interface even less need a scene editor as I use it through VERA and my plugin which enable it to be used in scenes.  I use v3 to control my swimming pool pumps ( like forcing ON state in winter when temperature reaches freezing ) , temperature ( I could use it for PH but I do not ),  also to decide to block or unblock the garden sprinklers based on a simple relay value etc...

Offline delle

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 04:03:27 am »
I've been using the combination vera/ipx800 V4 for a while now and I must say I'm pretty happy with it.  Though not using a vera plugin it's very easy to call the API of both devices.  IPX800 is used to control relays and inputs and changes the status on vera devices by the push mechanism.  In the other direction the vera scenario's can directly trigger IPX800 relays and inputs.  What I love the most is the GSM device connecting to the IPX800.  All notifications are done through that device, works very well for me.

Offline JanneSjo

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 07:43:46 am »
I've been using the combination vera/ipx800 V4 for a while now and I must say I'm pretty happy with it.  Though not using a vera plugin it's very easy to call the API of both devices. 
Interesting I have been looking at the IPX800 for a while mainly for pulse counting of energy etc but also maybe for replacing in future my IHC system which today control most of my house alongside with some Vera and Zwave - I have 24V input pus button and wires from putlets to central location so the IPX 800 fits well in this.

Can you please explain a little bit how complex/easy it is to communicate vera/ipx800 V4 ?

do you have any extentions?

do you use pulse counting for energy?

regards Jan

Offline mikemil@mikemil.com

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2018, 07:56:33 pm »
i just purchased an IPx800v4.  The language on the web interface for the device is in French and it does not appear to have English support.  I have an email into GCE, but they have not responded in a week.

I configured the plug in, and switch devices show up, as well as 3 analog temp devices, but the switches do not appear to work.  i assume this has something to do with API changes from v3 to v4.  I am probably going to try an return it to GCE if I can get them to respond to my email (in both english and french)

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2018, 03:48:34 am »
Yes it is a v3 plugin

Offline mikemil@mikemil.com

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2018, 08:21:48 pm »
Can you provide source code for the plug in if I wanted to try my hand at a v4 plug in?

GCE was able to return my message once i sent it in french using google translate.  the download page for the EN firmware is at

http://gce-electronics.com/en/index.php?controller=cms?id_cms=7

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2018, 02:53:11 am »
Can you provide source code for the plug in if I wanted to try my hand at a v4 plug in?

GCE was able to return my message once i sent it in french using google translate.  the download page for the EN firmware is at

http://gce-electronics.com/en/index.php?controller=cms?id_cms=7
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_ipx800/browser/trunk
ignore CPlus folder